jjnwin is offline New Member

30 trying to bulk up

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum! I am 30 about 228 pounds, have been lifting off and on for years! The last six months, I have really been training hard, working out everyday religiously! I would just appreciate any advice, on how to put on good quality mass! Iam 6 foot tall 228 pounds! I supplement with egg white protein in the morning whey before and after workouts, and cassein before bed. I am also using creatine during my workouts! I keep a good clean diet, I consume about 5500 callories a day, that includes my protein shakes! Any advice for faster results?

Well for breakfast I usually have about 10 hard boiled eggwhites, a bowl of whole grain cereal, with skim milk! And usually either a bannana or other fruit, with a glass of orange juice! Meal number two is usually a sandwich on whole wheat bread, either turkey or chicken, I usually have a peice of lofat cheese! and some kind of veggies, carrots or something like that! feed number three is my lunch, There is a place close to my work, where I usually get like half a chicken baked, and some rice, I dont think it is brown rice though! feed four is meal replacement shake, a mass gainer, mixed with skim milk it is about 1000 callories, 50 grams of it is protein, and that is my preworkout shake! Thjen I train from anywhere to about 1.5 hours to 2 hours! I take a whey protein shake right after, I also like to eat like a good carb right after so I ahve like some whole wheat bread and some broccoli! Then my dinner feed I usually like to do a stir fry with chicken or lean red meat! Sometimes a pasta and sauce! ANd I take my cassein before bed! Thats kinda a general Idea of what Im doing. Im not rich, so I cant afford to eat a bunch of expensive meals, I make do with what I can! Any advice or help perfecting and tweaking this would be great!

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    My first suggestion would be to actually start weighing your food and figure out EXACTLY how many calories you are taking in. Sounds like your 5,500 number is a guestimate at best. The reason for this is it's hard to make appropriate adjustments when you are not exactly sure of what your starting point is. Also, you need to come up with a goal. "Bulking" is not really a goal. How many pounds of lean mass do you want to add, what is the limit of fat you want to add while doing this and in what time frame are you hoping to accomplish this. Figure out that and you will have a much better chance of succeeding.

Your definatley right it is a guestimate, but it is an informed guesstimate, I get my numbers from the nutritional information on the back of things! I didnt really think about weighing my food, but I definatley will start doing that. As far as for a goal I want to get as big as I can. I am not sure exactly what bodys potential is! That is why Im here, trying to get some answers from some pro's! I am sorry if I sound uninformed, but I am, especially when it comes to diet. Like I said I have worked out on and off for years, I started when I was in the military, mostly cuz there was a lack of anything to do in afghanistan than work out! I am very committed this time, I have been going at it very strong for the last 6 months, and love the way I feel and like the improvements I am seeing, its almost addictive now lol. Like I said I appreciate all advice I can get from all u guys out there!

Thread Information