Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Marines88 is offline New Member

Is my diet proper for cutting?

22 years old, 6'2ft, 203-4 lbs. Body fat, not sure. (I posted a thread in the AAS questions and answers forum with photos of my progress.) Here is my current diet and i want to know if it's ok to use while i cut as much body fat as possible.

Breakfast, 6 eggs, 1 whole egg the rest egg whites. Half a cup of oats or half a cup of brown rice. 1 apple or half a banana.
    PW Shake with 1 scoop whey protein, half cup of oats, water and five strawberries

Meal 200g fish, chicken or top sirloin steak, 1 cup full of veggies broc, cauliflower, etc and half a cup of brown rice.

Meal 2 same as meal 1 but no carbs this time

Meal 3 Whey protein shake with one scoop in water

Meal 4 same as meal 1 or 2 but no carbs again

Meal 5 2 packs of tuna, 20g avocado or 4 boiled eggs one whole the rest whites and 1 cup of veggies.

That's my cutting diet i assume, would appreciate changes, mods, etc.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Marines88 View Post
    22 years old, 6'2ft, 203-4 lbs. Body fat, not sure. (I posted a thread in the AAS questions and answers forum with photos of my progress.) Here is my current diet and i want to know if it's ok to use while i cut as much body fat as possible.

Breakfast, 6 eggs, 1 whole egg the rest egg whites. Half a cup of oats or half a cup of brown rice. 1 apple or half a banana.

Drop the fruit, no need for the sugar

PW Shake with 1 scoop whey protein, half cup of oats, water and five strawberries

Is this PWO? Again, drop the fruit

Meal 200g fish, chicken or top sirloin steak, 1 cup full of veggies broc, cauliflower, etc and half a cup of brown rice.

Great meal!

Meal 2 same as meal 1 but no carbs this time

You might want to add some carbs here depending on time of day, is it still early?

Meal 3 Whey protein shake with one scoop in water

No shake here unless it's PWO - you need real food

Meal 4 same as meal 1 or 2 but no carbs again

Good

Meal 5 2 packs of tuna, 20g avocado or 4 boiled eggs one whole the rest whites and 1 cup of veggies.

Is this right before bed?

That's my cutting diet i assume, would appreciate changes, mods, etc.
    Need to see time of day for each meal, and macro info - protein/carbs/fat/calories. Also need to know when your workout is.

In the meantime, I made some general suggestions above in bold.

Marines88 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Need to see time of day for each meal, and macro info - protein/carbs/fat/calories. Also need to know when your workout is.

In the meantime, I made some general suggestions above in bold.
    To be sincere, i don't count the protein, calories, fat.. So i'm blind with the macro info, dumb of me most likely i know.

What I CAN do is the timing.. Here is a better layout bro.

Meal 1, 10am, 6 cooked eggs only one egg is whole. Half cup of quaker oats, one apple or half a banana and about two 500ml cups of plain water.

WORKOUT HERE -

12pm or 1pm Post Workout Shake - 1 scoop whey protein, Half cup of oats, 5 frozen strawberries, water. And maybe half a cup of peach, orange juice.

1.30pm or 2pm Post Workout Meal 2- 200 grams of catfish, boneless chicken breast or top sirloin, somewhat lean. 1 cup full of veggies mixed or just broc, cauli, carrots, lettuce, etc. Half a cup of cooked brown rice. Water or splenda lemonade.

4.30 or 5pm - Meal 3 pretty much same as my PW meal but no brown rice this time.

7.30 or 8pm - Meal 4 1 scoop or 2 scoops whey protein in water only. No carbs, does the time matter?

10pm or 11pm - Meal 5 Same as meal 2 or 3, no carbs again. Time is late heh

12am or even 1am, late i know but it's my before bed meal - 2 packs of tuna, 20g avocado, 1 cup of veggies. If it's not tuna, it's 4 boiled eggs or another whey protein shake in water.

Is this more helpful? I feel i have something off and wrong haha please point it out for me, thanks.
    Last edited by Marines88; 05-13-2010 at 02:55 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Marines88 View Post
    To be sincere, i don't count the protein, calories, fat.. So i'm blind with the macro info, dumb of me most likely i know.

What I CAN do is the timing.. Here is a better layout bro.

Meal 1, 10am, 6 cooked eggs only one egg is whole. Half cup of quaker oats, one apple or half a banana and about two 500ml cups of plain water.

Same deal, i'd drop the fruit

WORKOUT HERE -

12pm or 1pm Post Workout Shake - 1 scoop whey protein, Half cup of oats, 5 frozen strawberries, water. And maybe half a cup of peach, orange juice.

Drop the fruit and/or juice - all sugar, no use to you, especially for cutting

1.30pm or 2pm Post Workout Meal 2- 200 grams of catfish, boneless chicken breast or top sirloin, somewhat lean. 1 cup full of veggies mixed or just broc, cauli, carrots, lettuce, etc. Half a cup of cooked brown rice. Water or splenda lemonade.

I believe catfish is high fat - if so I would not do it, wouldn't do the sirloin here either. Try and stick with a lean protein. Drop the carrots, more sugar

4.30 or 5pm - Meal 3 pretty much same as my PW meal but no brown rice this time.

I'd still consider doing the carbs in this meal. If not, the catfish or sirloin is fine because you'll have a protein/fat meal. Try to keep fat and carbs separate for the most part

7.30 or 8pm - Meal 4 1 scoop or 2 scoops whey protein in water only. No carbs, does the time matter?

I would drop this all together and eat real food here. They whey is good for PWO only. Do a protein/fat meal here, no carbs

10pm or 11pm - Meal 5 Same as meal 2 or 3, no carbs again. Time is late heh

Good!

12am or even 1am, late i know but it's my before bed meal - 2 packs of tuna, 20g avocado, 1 cup of veggies. If it's not tuna, it's 4 boiled eggs or another whey protein shake in water.

If you want to make life easy, you can go with a casein shake (no whey!) and 2 tbsp of natural PB. Personally I can't eat a bunch of food before bed. It's up to you - no whey though, it'll do you no good throughout the night

Is this more helpful? I feel i have something off and wrong haha please point it out for me, thanks.
    Ok, suggestions in bold. My best suggestion is that you get in the habit of counting macros - if you don't, you'll never know what you're putting in your body and it'll be a guessing game forever.

Thread Information