Twin is offline Associate Member

With a bulking diet... Is 135 lb's-180 lb's a good goal???

asdasdasdasd
    Last edited by Twin; 04-08-2014 at 03:51 AM.

the big 1 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    its deffinately attainaible, but you seriously need to learn how to eat more food mate, because of your ectomorphic build your gonna need a LOT of calories to grow larger...

post up your diet in diet section and there are loads of people who know there stuff there who can help you reach your goals, good luck...

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    You have some seriously ambitious goals my friend! 55lbs in one year... yea it's attainable but you will put on some bodyfat for sure, and a good amount at that. I don't wanna pi$$ on your parade, but 55lbs of LBM in a year just ain't gonna happen. Our bodies just don't naturally have the ability to build muscle that fast, it's simply not a fast process.

You're adding quickly now because you're a beginner, and gains typically come much easier to people starting out. Ask anybody who's been at it for years and they will tell you progress of gains slows down for sure.

I'm just telling you this because I don't want July 2011 to come around, you don't reach this goal and then get all bummed out. IMO you should shoot for smaller goals, baby steps brotha. Shoot to add 10 quality lbs. by XYZ date, and be realistic with the goal.

When I started out, I figured (just in my mind, with no knowledge of the science or how long this process actually takes) that within 2 years or so, i'd look like a bodybuilder. Not a competitive bodybuilder, but somebody who works out without question. Well, you see my avy... don't fall into the same thing I did!

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post

When I started out, I figured (just in my mind, with no knowledge of the science or how long this process actually takes) that within 2 years or so, i'd look like a bodybuilder. Not a competitive bodybuilder, but somebody who works out without question. Well, you see my avy... don't fall into the same thing I did!
    You don't look like someone who's been on-stage but you look like someone who works out sans question for sure. Guys like us spend so much time in the gym and on this board that we forget what real people look like sometimes. You're doin' alright!

But I totally agree with the point. When I got back in the gym after a year off, I literally gained at the rate of a cycle/proper diet. I'm talking gaining major LBM while losing major body fat. I always laughed at the notion that "some clowns need to eat 8 meals to grow". Sure enough, I'm now one of those clowns, haha.

To the OP - Gbrice is absolutely right. I think with the right diet, training routine encompassing plenty of rest, and supps - you could put on a good 25. When I say supps, I'm talking like creatine monohydrate and vitamins, not weight gainers and magic pills that are "steroid alternatives ". Here's a link to my new diet. It's 4200 calories. It's a lot of good food. Post something similar based on your caloric needs (I imagine they are high as you're an ecto) and with the food choices you prefer and have access to. We'll fix it up for you and then you can run it, train, rest, and grow. If you don't get to 180, even 160, so what, you'll make nice gains and know you did everything you could.

My 2nd cycle/Diet set for August 13th.

Now, use this calculation and add 500 to ensure gains.

With your bf % in hand, here’s the formula:

BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)

Total weight x bf % in decimal form = total bf weight

Total weight - total bf weight = total lean body mass

For example:

I am 6'1 210 lbs at 10% body fat... so I would multiply 210 by .10 (converted from percent to decimal) = 21 lbs

210 – 21 = 189 lbs lean body weight

189 / 2.2 = 86.0 lean mass in kg

370 + (21.6 x 86) = 2227.6 BMR

- If you are sedentary (little or no exercise): Calorie - Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    - If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week): Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    - If you are moderately active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week): Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    - If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week): Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    - If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training): Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

For example:

I train with weights 5 days for 90 minutes per week. I play hockey three times per week
    for 90 minutes. I do 60 minutes of cardio training 5 times per week as well. I also practice my sport 3 times per week for 90 minutes. Either via skating or puck/shooting drills. All are high-intensity. I am between very and extra active. Let’s say BMR x 1.8. My TDEE is 4010.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    You don't look like someone who's been on-stage but you look like someone who works out sans question for sure. Guys like us spend so much time in the gym and on this board that we forget what real people look like sometimes. You're doin' alright!
    Thanks bro! I know i'm always cryin about this, it's just that i'm leaving for Mexico tomorrow morning and feeling really awkward with my added weight. I went to Mexico in April at 177lbs, going again tomorrow at 205. Sure some was LBM, but I absolutely put on some BF and i'm just having a hard time dealing with it! Thanks for the encouragement.

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Exactly what drugs are you on to think you are putting 55lbs on that frame in a year?

It is great to have goals but they have to be realistic.

That 180lb goal is in no way shape or form realistic.

Even 25 is going to be tough. Nothing happens overnight.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Sure some was LBM, but I absolutely put on some BF and i'm just having a hard time dealing with it! Thanks for the encouragement.
    I feel you dude. I was literally, clinically depressed when I got hurt and gained body fat. I ****ed myself up in the head real bad. It's hard to accept when we put so much time and effort into a healthy lifestyle and we suffer set-backs, however minor in the grand scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    I feel you dude. I was literally, clinically depressed when I got hurt and gained body fat. I ****ed myself up in the head real bad. It's hard to accept when we put so much time and effort into a healthy lifestyle and we suffer set-backs, however minor in the grand scheme.
    Agreed, 100%. Well, i'm going to bed now, leaving at 4am for Mexico - time to go face the music. Oh btw - the fact that i'll be spending the next week eating like a pig, drinking like a lush, and lying by a pool all day is not helping with my mindfvck at all!

Thread Information