dominick2417 is offline Junior Member

Synthesize on Keto?

VPX's N.O. Synthesize is the post workout version of N.O. Shotgun. The purported benefit of this supplement is that is spikes your insulin without sugar or carbs. If it does spike insulin, that is against the general philosophy of Ketogenic diets and I should not use it correct?

Can you suggest a good alternative after my morning cardio? Is just eating 3 whole and 6 whites enough to stop the breakdown of my MASLCE?

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dominick2417 View Post
    VPX's N.O. Synthesize is the post workout version of N.O. Shotgun. The purported benefit of this supplement is that is spikes your insulin without sugar or carbs. If it does spike insulin, that is against the general philosophy of Ketogenic diets and I should not use it correct? That's like saying it gets you hard without stimulating you sexually. It sounds like bull. Don't use it on keto regardless because it would sabotage you and cause you to store and not burn fat.

Can you suggest a good alternative after my morning cardio? Is just eating 3 whole and 6 whites enough to stop the breakdown of my MASLCE? Yeah, eggs or an isolate shake is perfect. And with all due respect, A) at your bf%, I wouldn't be concerned about a bit of LBM loss if you can lose 15 lbs. of fat per month. B) Keto dieting isn't about protein, the fat is what will spare muscle tissue and provide energy.
    Bold.

Damien you are a cool guy. With my BF do you think I should still eat a cheat meal on Sunday?

Yes, otherwise you will plateau quickly and your workouts will be less intense because you won't have an emergency reserve of glycogen.
    The only thing I must emphasize, and I know this well because I used to be fat and I binge eat, is shop for your cheat food at the health food store and make them low GI, complex, non-sugary carbs. A heavy cheat will cause bloating and make you lethargic in the following days if you let it get out of control. Nothing wrong with eating a whole box of kashi oat puffs (700 cals) and being stuffed till you think you might explode - however, 10 chocolate chip cookies, you'll still be hungry, your insulin will be spiked, and is over 1000 cals!

I planned on eating rice or oats. Probably rice because I visit my mom on Sundays and she makes killer Basmati rice with lemon zest and some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dominick2417 View Post
    I planned on eating rice or oats. Probably rice because I visit my mom on Sundays and she makes killer Basmati rice with lemon zest and some other stuff.
    Sounds good. i saw great results with basmati as my cheat meal and then I'd add another 60-70g of carbs via some rice cakes or something while watching a move b4 bed. I'd also use the cheat as leeway to have some teriyaki sauce or mango salsa or something with my meat.

Thread Information