TopDogg is offline Junior Member

lentils -- beans

Can someone post a few grocery store links on quinoa, lentils & beans? Cause i have no idea on what I'm looking to buy, I'm also guessing its canned?
    Last edited by TopDogg; 08-21-2010 at 01:24 AM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Lentils/beans are easy to find, probably right by the rice. The aisle probably even says 'beans'. You can buy them canned, but if you have the time to buy them raw, then soak and cook them they're much much better (tasting AND for you).

Quinoa can be found in either the health food section of your supermarket, or if they don't have one then possibly near the rice/grains. Just ask at the customer service counter, I had to do the same thing at my local Stop and Shop.

TopDogg is offline Junior Member
    Oh ok, so whats the basic/common way of cooking those after boiling them raw in water?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    There are so many various dishes, i couldn't even begin to list them here. The most basic way is to just boil and eat (or boil, store, eat). In other words they're ready to eat 'as-is', after being boiled. What you want to do with them after that with regards to recipes is completely up to you. Brown rice, red kidney beans and lean ground beef is one I like.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    saute a bunch of onions, calery, carrots, turkey bacon (optional), kale, collard greens, and spices. Add tomato paste, add low sodium chicken stock, add lentils. Simmer till cooked and stock is mostly absorbed. Don't add salt (chicken stock/turkey bacon should flavor the batch up nice). have a cup with your meat. 40g carbs, almost 20g fiber, tastes nice.

Thread Information