mrniceguy215 is offline Banned

my BULKING DIET PLAN advice, review, HELP!

im 19 years old 175 pounds, 5'11, between 15-19 % bf

ON TRAINING DAYS
    8:00 am- 8 oz gatorade, 18 grams of whey protein
    21 g carb

9:00 am- 2 servings of grits, 1 cup liquid egg white, 1 whole egg, 2 slices of craft cheese, 18 grams whey protein
    60 carb, 14 fat, 44 protein

10:00 - 12:00 am- Trainning pwo meal 36 g whey 20 oz gatorade
    36 protein, 34 carb

1:00 pm- 8 oz 90/10 lean ground beef, two medium potatoes or 11 oz of potatoes, two servings of sour cream.
    49 protein, 52 carb, 30 fat

4:00 PM - 8 oz chicken, 1 serving brown rice, one serving of black beans
    3 fat, 48 protein, 55 carb

7:00 Pm - 8 oz chicken, 1 serving of brown rice
    3 fat, 36 carb, 48 protein

10:00 PM- 8 oz of salmon, 9 oz of brocolli
    5 fat, 12 carb, 48 protein

NON Training days

10:00 am - 8 oz 90/10 lean ground beef

2:00 PM- two cans tuna, 1 serving mayo

5:00 pm- 8 oz chicken, 1 serving green beans, 1 serving brown rice

8:00 PM- 8 oz chicken, one serving of brown rice

10:00 PM - 48 g casein protein one piece of wheat bread with one serving of peanut butter on it.

total protein 291 grams
    total carb- 270
    total fat- less than 50

training day total caloric intake- 3356
    43% protein
    41 % carbs
    16 % fat

Let me know what i should change or if this plan is even a good one thanks.
    Last edited by mrniceguy215; 10-02-2010 at 05:56 AM.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy215 View Post
    im 19 years old 175 pounds, 5'11, between 15-19 % bf
    15-19% is a pretty large gap, get it checked. at 15+% i wouldn't be trying to bulk you'll just end up with more fat on you, but thats just my opinion
    ON TRAINING DAYS
    8:00 am- 8 oz gatorade, 18 grams of whey protein
    Gatorade? Why? Get rid of that and then combine the why from the next meal to make a morning protien shake to stop your overnight catabolism
    9:00 am- 2 servings of grits, 1 cup liquid egg white, 1 whole egg, 2 slices of craft cheese, 18 grams whey protein
    again move the the protien to the first meal. Add another whole egg and use fat free cheese
    10:00 - 12:00 am- Trainning pwo meal 36 g whey 20 oz gatorade
    This is very lacking for a pwo meal when you're trying to bulk. You need 50g protien and close to the same in carbs. So add more protien and maybe some oats and dextrose for carbs
    1:00 pm- 8 oz 90/10 lean ground beef, two medium potatoes or 11 oz of potatoes, two servings of sour cream.
    would like to see leaner beef here. 94/6 Change the potatoes to sweet potatoes. Sour cream needs to be replaced with a healthier fat, try replacing it with avacado on the burger
    4:00 PM - 8 oz chicken, 1 serving brown rice, one serving of black beans
    no point in two carbs sources here. I'd drop the beans and possibly add veg, from the sound bell peppers and onions cooked in olive oil would go well here
    7:00 Pm - 8 oz chicken, 1 serving of brown rice
    this is a decent meal for its time of day
    10:00 PM- 8 oz of salmon, 9 oz of brocolli
    salmon (or any kind of fish) is a fast digesting protien. Especially on a training day you should be having a slow digesting protien. (cassien shake, cottage cheese, natty peanutbutter)
    NON Training days

10:00 am - 8 oz 90/10 lean ground beef

2:00 PM- two cans tuna, 1 serving mayo

5:00 pm- 8 oz chicken, 1 serving green beans, 1 serving brown rice

8:00 PM- 8 oz chicken, one serving of brown rice

10:00 PM - 48 g casein protein one piece of wheat bread with one serving of peanut butter on it.
    No need to drop meals here. you still need to be eating every 3 hours on non training days the lack of a PWO shake is usually enough to lower your macros on non training days. Drop the wheat bread before bed you don't need those carbs especially on a non training day when you've already had plenty of time to replenish your glycogen stores
    total protein 291 grams
    total carb- 270
    total fat- less than 50

training day total caloric intake- 3356
    43% protein
    41 % carbs
    16 % fat

See bold

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100

total protein 291 grams =1164 cals
    total carb- 270 =1080 cals
    total fat- less than 50 =450 cals

training day total caloric intake- 3356 actually = 2694 cals
    43% protein
    41 % carbs
    16 % fat

see bold, macros are out

i mix the gatorade in my protein shake becasue gatorades surgar is going to put fuel back in my muscle so it will act like a bannanna or so giving my body glucose to combat overnight catabolism. my pwo really isnt the shake and gatorade thats just what i drink 10-15 after working out my pwo meal is the one i eat a 1:00. at 4 i eat the beans for carbs and to put fiber in my diet, the beans and serving of rice equal 62 g of carbs.

what do u mean see BOLD? what that be?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    So u can understand scottys "see bold" but not mine??? :s

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    i mix the gatorade in my protein shake becasue gatorades surgar is going to put fuel back in my muscle so it will act like a bannanna or so giving my body glucose to combat overnight catabolism. my pwo really isnt the shake and gatorade thats just what i drink 10-15 after working out my pwo meal is the one i eat a 1:00. at 4 i eat the beans for carbs and to put fiber in my diet, the beans and serving of rice equal 62 g of carbs.

You will get better results ingesting 50g protien and carbs within 10 minutes of your workout. Gatorade wouldn't be my choice of carbs. Especially for the AM. In my opinion whey is all you need when you first wake up, then within the next hour to 90minutes get a balanced meal. Baseline left you a comment about your macro's being off. He's right. I think you're carb count is short when you're adding it up but you don't have macro's listed for each meal so i can't figure out where your math is wrong. Thats what his see bold was about. Its your diet bro, just tryin to offer you some advice.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Scotty has you pretty well sorted out. I'd move that salmon meal to the previous and then do as he said and go with casein, cottage cheese, or a lean beef.

bump macros listed

tembe is offline Member
    id drop body fat first..u will make the same mistake i did bro

i did my first bulk at around 15% bf and ended up quite high then had to do a very big cut

id drop to low teens and then do your bulk so u end it at 15-20% and u will like ur progress alot better...

tembe is offline Member
    id drop body fat first..u will make the same mistake i did bro

i did my first bulk at around 15% bf and ended up quite high then had to do a very big cut

id drop to low teens and then do your bulk so u end it at 15-20% and u will like ur progress alot better...

thanks im going to take that advice but now i need a cutting diet regiem!!! ahhhug lol

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    I respectfully disagree with both.

You need a simple diet, period. At 6 foot and 175 with a decent amount of bodyfat, you have very little muscle (organs and skeleton weigh about a buck twenty).

To try and cut cals will only make you skinnier, lowering your testosterone , and thus weaker in the gym.

A diet in ecess of maintance will 'probably' get you stronger (provided your training is in tune), but may help increase your bodyfat.

Therefore, I suggest a maintance diet with good wholesome calories coupled with a solid training regimine.

I'll bet right now you are eating over maintence (albeit maybe only a few hundred calories) and your diet was/is in shambles.

It's widely known that muscle burns more calories at rest. A maintaince diet filed with solid macros will afford you the ability to still maintain enough energy to LB away in the gym, but not lose/nor gain weight.

My prediciton (if followed to a tee) is a decrease in bodyfat, an increase in strength and a few LBs increase on the scale.

i agree with above no clue what to do now lol thanks guys haha

bigcwithane is offline Member
    what you need to do know is get your bmr and tdee figured and post up a diet with the macros and everything all over again like you did in the beginning of this thread

Thread Information