Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need some help

jonnyboii765 is offline Junior Member
    R it's good my chest n legs r gettig real sore not so much my arms tho

Hfsw
    Last edited by jonnyboii765; 12-10-2010 at 12:13 PM.

So far so good my arms haven't been as sore as the rest of me tho don't no if that matters how will the trainer in the remote challenge get in touch with me?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    they will train thru PM's since it will all be secret ...I am so glad you are in it! Really am.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboii765 View Post
    R it's good my chest n legs r gettig real sore not so much my arms tho
    This is fine, we are wanting your large muscle groups to have a strong and stable base, so if your arms aren't getting sore and your larger muscle groups are that means you are hitting them before fatiguing the smaller arm muscles, this is great news.

Will I be able to get pm even tho I don't have 50 post?

Yes, you can receive them and maybe even reply to received PM's, you should be fine, besides it's only three posts away.

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Mon: Legs/Abs
    Tue: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    Wed: Back/Biceps
    Thurs: Legs/Abs
    Fri: Chest/Back/Arms

I'll give you the exercises later
    Are you kidding me here ^^^. I hate to be the one that starts to talk a little trash first since it's usually you, but this is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. I mean seriously man, this is your idea of building muscle? Its BEYOND horrible on some many levels I cannot believe you are really a "Trainer", actually I can believe that because most trainers don't know much.

I can't even believe you would even give this to someone. Seriously, it actually kind of angers me. ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING.

Bro, this is garbage. DO NOT, and I REPEAT DO NOT FOLLOW THIS ROUTINE. You seriously need to check yourself man, this is not good advice. You need to go learn up some more before you start giving people advice.

There should be NO ONE that agrees with this, especially for someone who is trying to put on muscle. And if anyone does agree with it you need to seriously start doing some serious research and speech to knowledgeable people who know what their talking about.

Giving bad advice to people because you think its good is not good advice. This sh*t is fu*ked and it angers me. I would be pissed if I came on here when I was younger and some butt nut gave me this routine.
    Last edited by calstate23; 12-16-2010 at 08:19 AM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Cal - it doesn't have to be trash talk. Be constructive, and instead of calling TB a 'butt nut', point out what you feel is wrong with the routine, and/or what you'd change about it - and DON'T say everything. It might be obvious to you, but it's not obvious to the younger guys who have no direction.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Cal - it doesn't have to be trash talk. Be constructive, and instead of calling TB a 'butt nut', point out what you feel is wrong with the routine, and/or what you'd change about it - and DON'T say everything. It might be obvious to you, but it's not obvious to the younger guys who have no direction.
    Haha, you sound like the guy who taught a court ordered anger management class I had to attend a couple years back.

I see your point Cal - for the goal of purely adding mass, a split like that where every major group is hit directly twice per week and delts/arms indirectly via chest/back workouts, is generally better implemented for conditioning and not hypertrophy. But to generalize as much as you have is irresponsable. It largely depends on what the person has been doing and not just "more rest to get big". I, among many on here who've advised me on my workouts, see really good results when switching it up to a twice per week type thing for larger groups. It cal also help implement more versatility between compound movements and shaping. At least hear out his logic before vilifying.
    Last edited by Damienm05; 12-16-2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: iPhone spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Haha, you sound like the guy who taught a court ordered anger management class I had to attend a couple years back.
    LoL, I love that you had to attend this class!!!

True true this was a little harsh my bad. I just don't understand where he came up with this. I am just so confused by this routine I don't even know where to start. Actually I do, but its just a fumble.

Sorry about that, in the future, if it happens again just PM me, of course you need to get over 50 posts so you can do so, but just remind me to come take care of things.

Mon: Legs/Abs

Squat: 10 sets 10 reps
    Stiff legged deadlifts: 3 sets 11 reps, full stretch slow and controlled down and up.
    Toe presses: three sets of 11 reps
    Crunches: 3 sets to failure, do not touch at the bottom and do not come up to relax at the top, so basically, lye down on your back on the ground with your legs on a flat bench, have someone hold your legs come up until your low back is off the ground about an inch then move up and down about two inches total, til you can't do it anymore.

Tue: Chest/Shoulders/Tris

Bench: 3 sets 8-12 reps last set to failure, this is after a gradual warm up to a one rep max attempt and back down to workout weight
    Decline Dumbell Bench: 3 sets progressive weight 8-12 reps with a final burnout set to failure with the starting weight for this exercise
    Flat Bench Flye: 3 sets 20 reps, full stretch slow and controlled
    Military press: 5 sets 8-12 reps last set to failure
    Lateral Raises: 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Upright rows: 3 sets 8-12 reps last set drop set to failure, superset these with my next exercise
    Dips: 3 sets to failure with bodyweight
    Triceps pushdowns: 3 sets 8-12 reps, last set to failure

Wed: Back/Biceps

Lateral Pulldowns: 3 sets 8-12 reps, dropset to failure (wide grip palms facing away pulldown in front)
    Bentover Rows: 3 sets 8-12 reps, last set to failure
    One Arm Dumbell Row: 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Hammer Curls: 3 sets 8-12 reps, last set to failure
    Concentration curls: 3 sets 8-12 reps, dropset to failure

Thu: Legs/Abs

Superset three exercises in a circuit five sets, progressive weight with a dropset on the final set
    leg extensions
    lying leg curls
    calf raises
    Abs: do this in a non-stop circuit (like a p90x workout) bicycles/hip raises/leg kicks/toe touches 21 reps each set non-stop through all four exercises, three sets total

Fri: Chest/Back/Triceps/Biceps

Incline Bench: 3 sets 8-12 reps, last set to failure
    SuperSet with Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets 20 reps twisting pinkies together at the top
    SuperSet with Seated Row Wide Grip: 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Reverse Grip Flat Bench: 3 sets 8-12 reps
    SuperSet with Reverse Grip Pulldowns: 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Tricep Pushdowns: 5 sets progressive weight to failure with a final dropset to failure
    SuperSet with Standing Rope Curls: 5 sets progressive weight to failure with a final dropset to failure
    Skull Crushers: 3 sets progressive weight to failure with a final dropset to failure
    SuperSet with Standing Barbell Curls: 3 sets to failure witha final dropset to failure

Run this for the next four weeks, until your trainer in the remote trainer challange changes things up for you.
    This guys arms are going to be like linguini by the end of the first week and not in a good way. Your basically having him overtrain every muscle in his body.

Back on Wednesday and back on Friday?

Biceps on Wednesday and arms on friday?

Chest on Tuesday and chest on Friday? Well, at least you gave him 2 days

There is no need for these crazy splits. Chest should be crushed on chest day. Back should be crushed on back day. Arms should be crushed on arm day. Every body part should be destroyed on the working day and then given at least 3 days minimum to recuperate regardless if you are getting lean or not.

Again, doing crazy splits and doing 15-20 reps isn't what you do to train for leanness. Its based only off of diet, other then that your routine should basically stay the same. You want to keep your big round full muscles but you just want to drop the fat. If you're a girl then it might be appropriate to do 20 reps but that would be because she doesn't want to grow big full muscle bellies. But us guys, we want to keep our bulking muscles we just want to lose the fat.

If you are dieting hard then maybe do SLIGHTLY lighter weight and SLIGHTLY more reps. But its not because doing that makes you lean its because you don't want to risk injury when your depriving your body of calories.

Anyways, this guy wants to put on clean size.

It would be better something like:

Monday: Chest
    Tuesday: Back
    Wednesday: Legs
    Thursday: Shoulders
    Friday: Arms
    Saturday: Off
    Sunday: Repeat

So technically this still isn't even hitting one muscle a week. Chest would be hit twice the first week, Then back would be hit twice the next week..etc.

Anyways, Its impossible to do chest, back, and shoulders without hitting other parts. Chest you'll be hitting shoulders and tris. Back is also shoulders and bis. Shoulders your hitting tris. So basically you definitely don't want to throw in any extra unneeded days. Such as, Back and biceps wednesday and then biceps again on friday.

Thats way too much. The muscle should be hit on one specific day and hit hard. Then let them rest as much as possible. You might even want to take off Sunday as well depending how you feel. But it shouldn't be too bad since legs is thrown in after chest and back. Also you won't be hitting your arms that hard on shoulder days.

Chest, Back, and shoulders, 4 different exercises consisting of 4 working sets each with reps in the 8-10 range. Arms 3 different exercises consisting of 4 working sets with reps in 8-10 range. Laying on floor abs every other day.
    Last edited by calstate23; 12-17-2010 at 01:54 AM.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    As much as I respect Tbody for all the work he does on here I have to agree with Cal. I think that schedule is extremely ill conceived. Hitting every bodypart twice over a five day period and doing back twice in 48 hours? Chest, Back and Arms in the same workout? Sorry man but if you even thinking about working back again Friday after you trained it on Wednesday then you are not training correctly. Same with legs, I would love to invite anyone to come train them with me on Monday and then see if you are feeling the need to hit them again on Thursday.

Grudge Keeper is offline Associate Member
    imo rest is key. training 2 on 1 off or3 on 1 off with body parts split over 5 training days with the exception of calves abs works best.It helps everything rest and recover,and then grow including the nervous system which takes a beating if u are hitting it hard.for most hitting body parts several times in a week will actually cause thier progress to regress and they may end up weaker and smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Grudge Keeper View Post
    imo rest is key. training 2 on 1 off or3 on 1 off with body parts split over 5 training days with the exception of calves abs works best.It helps everything rest and recover,and then grow including the nervous system which takes a beating if u are hitting it hard.for most hitting body parts several times in a week will actually cause thier progress to regress and they may end up weaker and smaller.
    I think it's a welcome change to possibly break through a plateau - for a VERY short time, maybe 2 weeks, then resume once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    As much as I respect Tbody for all the work he does on here I have to agree with Cal. I think that schedule is extremely ill conceived. Hitting every bodypart twice over a five day period and doing back twice in 48 hours? Chest, Back and Arms in the same workout? Sorry man but if you even thinking about working back again Friday after you trained it on Wednesday then you are not training correctly. Same with legs, I would love to invite anyone to come train them with me on Monday and then see if you are feeling the need to hit them again on Thursday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grudge Keeper View Post
    I think it's a welcome change to possibly break through a plateau - for a VERY short time, maybe 2 weeks, then resume once a week.
    Sorry. I have been gone getting kids for Christmas and don't have time to devote to explaining all of my logic. So please let me start with this. FG, you know I have been a proponent of hitting bodyparts more than once a week, I will find the links to successful, respected trainers. strength coaches, scientific researchers, kinesiologists and the like who I read and agreed with prior to my experimentation and successful implemention of various training techniques. Here is my number one logic, this is a specific program written for a specific individual with specific goals and a unique to him only current condition and desired condition to provide something for a short period of time. He has seemed to state that the program has been working for him outside of not feeling a sufficient "pump" on his arms. I can promise you that if I were training any of the three of you guys your routines would be different, and effective and I would be more than pleased to walk each of you through my thought process for every single thing that I recommend you do. I could also say that I could work out with you, FG, and be sore in a bodypart for two weeks and not feel a need to train it during that time period, and quite possibly something I do in the way I train could accomplish the same for you. I will always say that two dramatically different approaches to body-building could accomplish nearly identical results. Sorry to be so vague and non-descript/specific in my reasoning, but it is late, I've been driving for hours and shopping etc... with four kids in a mini-van and my wife is now in sexy underwear asking me to join her in bed.

Priorities boys, priorities.

Sorry. I have been gone getting kids for Christmas and don't have time to devote to explaining all of my logic. So please let me start with this. FG, you know I have been a proponent of hitting bodyparts more than once a week, I will find the links to successful, respected trainers. strength coaches, scientific researchers, kinesiologists and the like who I read and agreed with prior to my experimentation and successful implemention of various training techniques. Here is my number one logic, this is a specific program written for a specific individual with specific goals and a unique to him only current condition and desired condition to provide something for a short period of time. He has seemed to state that the program has been working for him outside of not feeling a sufficient "pump" on his arms. I can promise you that if I were training any of the three of you guys your routines would be different, and effective and I would be more than pleased to walk each of you through my thought process for every single thing that I recommend you do. I could also say that I could work out with you, FG, and be sore in a bodypart for two weeks and not feel a need to train it during that time period, and quite possibly something I do in the way I train could accomplish the same for you. I will always say that two dramatically different approaches to body-building could accomplish nearly identical results. Sorry to be so vague and non-descript/specific in my reasoning, but it is late, I've been driving for hours and shopping etc... with four kids in a mini-van and my wife is now in sexy underwear asking me to join her in bed.

Priorities boys, priorities.
    Not to get off topic, but all I got from the above is that you drive a minivan. I understand that you have 4 kids, so I GUESS I can let it slide. I may have lost a tiny bit of respect for you. If you have that little soccer bumper sticker on the back, we can no longer be friends.

Lmao!

Not to get off topic, but all I got from the above is that you drive a minivan. I understand that you have 4 kids, so I GUESS I can let it slide. I may have lost a tiny bit of respect for you. If you have that little soccer bumper sticker on the back, we can no longer be friends.

Lmao!
    No sticker, although my 10 year old son played soccer this year for the first time, and he's pretty good, he doesn't live with us full time, so no sticker.

I believe I have said this on several threads, but I gained 33lbs in 8 weeks when I was 21 years old on the "High Intensity" program, and went from 11%bf to 14% bf, performing an identical total-body routine sun-tue-thu, every single week for the entire eight weeks. During this time I had no supplements, legal or otherwise, and was eating only real food. Again, I worked every muscle group every other day to complete failure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_intensity_training

This is one example of working muscle groups out multiple times a week and getting results. Not every one is the same and not saying I wouldn't have made even better gains on a different program, but you can not say that this is not an effective program! I am not the only person to ever have trained this way with obviously, incredibly positive results.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    I have been racking my brain trying to figure out a way to respectively respond to your posts and I am failing miserably cause the best I can come up with is, I think you are completely full of shit TBody. So you believe you gained over 3lbs of muscle (naturally) each week for 8 weeks straight? If this were even remotely close to being true I have a few questions.
    Why in the hell dont you have an IFBB Pro Card by now because you obviously have the best genetics on the face of this earth. Again, I dont know how to say this without it sounding offensive but if you can do in 8 weeks what it took me over a decade to do (naturally) how come I look like I do and you look like you do? That's not a redundant question, I really want to know. By your own admission you probably are carrying around 160lbs of lean mass and are around mid teens in bodyfat yet you are capable of adding 30lbs of muscle in 60 days? Is it safe to assume had you been running AAS and a bit of HGH you would have gained 45lbs of muscle in 8 weeks?

How many competitions have you entered and how many clients have you trained for NPC shows and how did you and you and your clients place? Dont you dare tell me, zero and zero either cause if could get clients to acheive half of what you say you did they should all be cleaning up every show in country. You should also not be promoting the Remote ChallEnge, you should be training top level IFBB bodybuilders and making close to 7 figures a year in income.

I know this response is not the most pleasant one but I firmly believe you are completely out of touch with reality.

To the original poster, I apologize for derailing your thread. My advice, do some of your own research and decide who's advice to follow and who's to avoid.

TBody, I am not going to turn this into a war of words or egos between you and I. If I disagree with your advice in another thread I will simply offer my own and not refute yours. I will say again, I appreciate the time you put in here and the Remote Trainer Challenge is obviously drawing quite a bit of interest. Best of luck to you going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    I have been racking my brain trying to figure out a way to respectively respond to your posts and I am failing miserably cause the best I can come up with is, I think you are completely full of shit TBody. So you believe you gained over 3lbs of muscle (naturally) each week for 8 weeks straight? If this were even remotely close to being true I have a few questions.
    Why in the hell dont you have an IFBB Pro Card by now because you obviously have the best genetics on the face of this earth. Again, I dont know how to say this without it sounding offensive but if you can do in 8 weeks what it took me over a decade to do (naturally) how come I look like I do and you look like you do? That's not a redundant question, I really want to know. By your own admission you probably are carrying around 160lbs of lean mass and are around mid teens in bodyfat yet you are capable of adding 30lbs of muscle in 60 days? Is it safe to assume had you been running AAS and a bit of HGH you would have gained 45lbs of muscle in 8 weeks?

How many competitions have you entered and how many clients have you trained for NPC shows and how did you and you and your clients place? Dont you dare tell me, zero and zero either cause if could get clients to acheive half of what you say you did they should all be cleaning up every show in country. You should also not be promoting the Remote ChallEnge, you should be training top level IFBB bodybuilders and making close to 7 figures a year in income.

I know this response is not the most pleasant one but I firmly believe you are completely out of touch with reality.

To the original poster, I apologize for derailing your thread. My advice, do some of your own research and decide who's advice to follow and who's to avoid.

TBody, I am not going to turn this into a war of words or egos between you and I. If I disagree with your advice in another thread I will simply offer my own and not refute yours. I will say again, I appreciate the time you put in here and the Remote Trainer Challenge is obviously drawing quite a bit of interest. Best of luck to you going forward.
    I will post a response to this on my thread so not to further disrupt this thread. I do thank you for taking the time to respond with how you feel and believe about all workout suggestions in the best interest of the OP and all members of the boards.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...90#post5464090

so when should i be hearing back from that remote trainer with a new workout?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    if you have not heard from your trainer then please notify the *admin* in this thread below

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...84#post5477284

ps: did you do a confirmation "sign-in?" ......either way, contact *admin*

and to confirm, please go here

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...on-ONLY-thread
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 01-02-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information