383s10 is offline New Member

Was todays menu good for a diet?

This was my second day on my diet and I think I done ok.

Breakfest (late breakfast slept late)
    Boiled Chicken Breast

Snack
    a few roasted almonds

Lunch
    1 cup brown rice
    1 can of tuna in water
    Some Green Peas
    Little bit of cheese sprinkled on top. (very little)
    Cup of hot green tea (no sugar)

All of this cooked togather It was actually very good. Will be cooking that again.

Snack
    3 sticks of imitation crab meat no butter

Supper
    Turkey Burger (with olive oil spread on it to fry)
    2 Pieces of 5 grain bread
    Tomato Slice
    Little Ketchup and Mustard

For desert
    1/4 cup of fat free cottage cheese
    1/4 Fat Free Yougurt
    2 TBS of Clover Honey
    About 5 Raspberries

During the day I had between 1-2 gallons of water today...

I did some situps and when I go outside I do not walk. I either jog or run. I was working on my race truck all day today so I made a few trips out side. About 75 yards to my shop. Tonight I will walk about an hour on the elipitical machine.

Tomorrow here is what I have planned

Breakfast

1/4 Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
    1/4 Cup Fat Free Yougart
    Some Honey

Some egg whites scrambled

Snack

Maybe some imitation crab meat

Lunch

Salad with grilled chicken and very little cesar salad
    Some Raisins

Snack
    Cup of Green Tea (no sugar) Might add a very little bit of honey
    Some almonds

Dinner
    Baked Salmon coated with olive oil and a few spices
    Brown Rice
    1/4 cup cottage cheese plain

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Not really bro. It's a good diet for somebody interested in eating healthy. It's not a good bodybuilder's diet by any stretch.

not looking to bodybuild. Just trying to loose some weight. My goal first is to drop some weight. I want to lose about 25 pounds then maybe add a little bulk. Not looking to be a body builder per-say. Just tone up and look decent.... Right now I am over weight.

Quote Originally Posted by 383s10 View Post
    not looking to bodybuild. Just trying to loose some weight. My goal first is to drop some weight. I want to lose about 25 pounds then maybe add a little bulk. Not looking to be a body builder per-say. Just tone up and look decent.... Right now I am over weight.
    I understand. In that case, it's pretty much a cakewalk. I was 255lbs 2 years ago, and although I regret it (because I did want to bodybuild -not to compete, but I did want to get big and cut), I ate a diet similar to yours and easily dropped the weight. The formula is pretty simple:

Healthy food choices
    Eat several times/day
    Stay in a caloric deficit
    do cardio
    lift some weights

DO NOT make the mistake I did though - I was in a severe caloric deficit (eating around 1200 calories/day with a TDEE of 2500 - VERY BAD) and torched a ton of LBM as well as slowed my metabolism to a crawl. Sure I lost most of the fat, but now I have a fvcked metabolism that makes it difficult for me to get rid of those last few lbs of fat, as well as makes it tough to add muscle without also adding bodyfat. TAKE MY ADVICE ON THIS ONE! Count calories, make sure you're eating enough. Just a couple hundred under TDEE, and do alot of cardio.

I think today I ate around 2200 calories. The hockey game is about to come on and I plan on using the treadmill during the entire game. Taking a break between periods. Do about 1.2 hours of walking distance.

Would it be ok to replace one of the snacks with a protein shake. One with low carbs? I can not lift anything yet because I have a set of bands on the way. I also have a pull-up bar on the way as well. I will be getting a set of dumb bells in the very near future so that will be a bit help. How much weight should I be losing a week?

Quote Originally Posted by 383s10 View Post
    I think today I ate around 2200 calories. The hockey game is about to come on and I plan on using the treadmill during the entire game. Taking a break between periods. Do about 1.2 hours of walking distance.

Would it be ok to replace one of the snacks with a protein shake. One with low carbs? I can not lift anything yet because I have a set of bands on the way. I also have a pull-up bar on the way as well. I will be getting a set of dumb bells in the very near future so that will be a bit help. How much weight should I be losing a week?
    Nice about the cardio. I'd always rather see real food then a shake, but I guess given your goal, it would be ok.

As for how much weight loss, it depends on how much you have to lose. How overweight are you? Do you know your BF%? Generally, 1-2lbs a week is a good indicator that you're losing bodyfat. 1.5lbs is perfect IMO. No more then 2 though, or you're probably losing LBM as well. I was losing 5-6lbs a week at one point, and thought it was great! Well, I didn't have a clue, and if I could do it over again, it'd be ALOT different, and i'd look ALOT different right now.

I think I have about 25 pounds of fat that I would like to loose. Maybe a little more. I think my BF is pretty high I would say around high 20's to very low 30

My stomach is really the only place I have alot of fat. My legs are actually pretty decent from years ago. But I lost alot of muscle in my arms. I want to work on that. I figure when I get to my halfway point on the weight loss I will start to lift pretty hard and try to gain some muscle mass.

Thread Information