Bigjerdog is offline Associate Member

Bulking Diet for a Teenager

I am looking for some bulking diet advice for my 16 year old son. Hes a Jr. in High school. First things first... He is all natural and hopefully always will be. He is a highschool wrestler with hopes of getting into college.

Stats are 5'9 135 in season. Im guessing hes under 10% BF(lean with abs showing), walks around at about 140 -145 during offseason. Hes a great wrestler but wants to start building lean mass once his season ends and over the next 2 years as he prepares for college. Hes a hard worker and obsessively competitive so I have no doubt he will put the time in the weight room. My only concern is that I want him to have a second to none diet for maximum growth.
    He has never eaten to grow, only cut so any help would be huge... Thanks gang!

mg0922 is offline Associate Member
    Well first of all you need to figur out his BMR & TDEE. Search it online and figure his out. This is the foundation on where he can figure out how many calories he needs to comsume a day. It's associated with the amount of physical activity he endures on weekly basses.

I can tell you this. If he wants to build lean mass, NOW is the time to do it. His hormones are very good right now so he is in his prime time to do it. His diet needs to be disiplined alone with his workouts.

I recommend he signs up for our forum and studies the hek out of the DIET section. There are sooo many things he can learn here. This forum has helped so many ppl with there goals, as well as me! This is definitley the place for him to learn.

Good luck!

MG

I see that you yourself have been using AAS , as i read in your posts. What were your goals? No offense, but if your using gear shouldnt you already know how to properly set up a diet?

I was impatient and in denial. My diet was lacking. I also got injured about midway thru and had to come off. I am learning though. To be honest I plan to use the diet advice myself as I get healthy again and do another cycle later this year. So for my son...

His BMR 1674.55 and TDEE 3182

No offense takin by the way. We are here to learn

Good to hear. Sometimes we think we are ready but just are simply not, and it takes us to mess up to learn. I myself know first hand.

So your very capable of figuring out both BMR and TDEE, as i see. So your son is trying to build lean mass, Im not too sure what your trying to do with your diet as you say "get healthy again" Did you just stop everything because of you injury?

I recommend you run through this diet section, (especially the stickies at the top) if you dont already know how to set up your diet, or if your not sure what good protiens,complex carbs, etc are.

What you need to do is start your diet based on your TDEE and what your goals are. If its to bulk they say to eat 300-500 more calories a day then you total daily if its to cut you prob have to cut calories from that.

Im not one of the experts here as there are alot of diet gurus here that may have better advice for you. But i think you shoudl start working on it, then once you have one, post it up and ppl will comment on it,..

Good luck!

mg

By get healthy again I am refering to a neck injury. Ruptured disc. I stooped all lifting and came off my cycle and have only been doing cardio since. For my son so its that simple... Just add clean calories in the 300-500 range for him to gain?

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjerdog View Post
    By get healthy again I am refering to a neck injury. Ruptured disc. I stooped all lifting and came off my cycle and have only been doing cardio since. For my son so its that simple... Just add clean calories in the 300-500 range for him to gain?
    Depends what his activity level is during the offseason/when he is trying to add weight.

What/how much physical activity does he do in a normal week?

It makes a huge difference.

Did you do a pct after your cycle?

@big slick...if he did it right he should have already done the multiplication for his sons physical activity. Hence the bmr being almost half the tdee.

So yes if you multiplied it with amount of activity those numbers should be right. Add 300-500 clean every day, and HE WILL GAIN WEIGHT. for gosh sakes the kids only 16. He's doing a good thing by doing this now. He can gain so much naturally. Hopefully you don't get him into thinking about gear at a young age.

Yes full PCT after cycle clomid and Nolvadex .

I did account for his activity level. Hes in the middle of his highschool season now but when that ends his club season begins but with club hes not concerned about making a particular weight class so thats when we will start adding in weights to his training. His activity level will not change and as im sure you could imagine its pretty intense training for wrestling/mma etc.
    Hes a smart kid and has high hopes of getting into college he would never risk losing that opportunity by using gear. Its not even on his radar and he also is not aware that I have used gear. I just know that most of the guys here are serious about diet and while I havnt been in the past. Its something I definitely want to instill in him while hes young. Hence why Im looking here for advice. You guys know more about all this than I probably ever could

Big Slick He practices about 2 hours a day 4 days a week. After practice he runs home (2miles) from practice. In addition to that he has a dual meets once a week and usually a tournement on saturdays. So the activity level is always very high. Club season is the same but not as many meets as during highschool season

BigJuice777 is offline Associate Member
    Food, food, food.... that's all it takes. 300-500 looks good from my perspective. I know there are tons of people here willing to help if he has a hard time eating that much everyday. Members have some great tricks for disguising the calories into manageable meals.

Wish I started bulking at 16!! Good luck!

Thread Information