savking is offline Junior Member

Meal Before Bed Ideas?

Can any one recommend me a decent last meal to have before bed?

Currently using casein protein shakes however, these don't even nearly fill me up and I struggle sleep due to hunger!

So I'm thinking slow digesting protein content maybe cottage cheese?

Any help appreciated!

Worth mentioning I'm on a bulk diet.

clemont51 is offline Banned
    Hair pie! Sorry for being crude but could not resist. Within a hour of bedtime I much a large
    amount of granola. Anything rough and slow digesting. Tried bran flakes, think colon blow!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Cottage cheese is a good choice since slow digesting protein is what you want. IMO, a lean steak or some ground beef would be the best choice. The problem with that is most people don't feel like cooking or even heating up beef before hitting the pillow.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Cottage cheese is a good choice since slow digesting protein is what you want. IMO, a lean steak or some ground beef would be the best choice. The problem with that is most people don't feel like cooking or even heating up beef before hitting the pillow.
    could you cook a bunch off, tupperware it, and use it when necessary?

I do this for my daily meals to the point that I should buy stock in rubbermaid and ziplock, lol..

Quote Originally Posted by POPS View Post
    could you cook a bunch off, tupperware it, and use it when necessary?

I do this for my daily meals to the point that I should buy stock in rubbermaid and ziplock, lol..
    Absolutely! I'm not the hugest fan of reheated steak though, just never tastes right - but ground beef isn't bad that way IMO.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Lean ground beef mixed with lots of cabbage and/or other fibrous veggies is a very filling meal and nutrient-wise - way better than casein or cottage.

And yes, as mentioned above just cook it in bulk and tupperware so u can reheat before bed.

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    I try cottage cheese and after few days couldn't take it anymore, so I mixed with yogurt fat free light & fit, works really good..............

dominick2417 is offline Junior Member
    I eat 8 oz of lean ground beef, 6 egg whites, shitload of spinach, a bit of olive oil and some calorie free Italian dressing. Waldon Farms makes a lot of calorie free stuff by the way. D Han had a video on Youtube eating it. I found some and the BBQ sauce is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by 38jumper38 View Post
    I try cottage cheese and after few days couldn't take it anymore, so I mixed with yogurt fat free light & fit, works really good..............
    That light and fit is usually loaded with sugar... not the greatest choice before bed. Look into fat free plain greek yogurt - higher in protein, and you can sweeten w/ splenda.

Quote Originally Posted by dominick2417 View Post
    I eat 8 oz of lean ground beef, 6 egg whites, shitload of spinach, a bit of olive oil and some calorie free Italian dressing. Waldon Farms makes a lot of calorie free stuff by the way. D Han had a video on Youtube eating it. I found some and the BBQ sauce is amazing.
    Sounds like protein overkill to me, but whatever works for you. At least it's all quality food, can't ever say you went to be hungry! =P

I had greek yogurt too, has 14 gr protein, and like you say the light & fit has 15gr sugar, I use both, some times I feel like I need some sugar.....but you are right about.........tks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

dominick2417 is offline Junior Member
    [/QUOTE]Sounds like protein overkill to me, but whatever works for you. At least it's all quality food, can't ever say you went to be hungry! =P[/QUOTE]

Maybe 60 grams but if I eat a dozen eggs or just 8 oz of meat I want to knaw my arm off at 4 when I wake up to piss.

Original poster, just eat a shit load. Enough to keep your body from breaking down MASCLE as long as possible.

I had greek yogurt too, has 14 gr protein, and like you say the light & fit has 15gr sugar, I use both, some times I feel like I need some sugar.....but you are right about.........tks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    15g of sugar right before hitting the pillow... yikes! If you have to have it, i'd do it first thing in the morning where at least the sugar will most likely be put to use. Eating sugar before bed is almost asking your body to store bodyfat, lol!

Great advise having think about sugar being storage...............tks.....................

Great advise having think about sugar being storage...............tks.....................
    np!

T_Dubp is offline Junior Member
    I'm loving a tuna/mayo combo these days, or an omlette

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    When I am bulking I have a can of tuna fish before bed.

Thanks people appreciate the feed back, given me some stuff to add to my shopping today.
    I don't mind cooking before bed so the steak is an option and i sometimes do the tuna.
    Do eggs contain fast digesting protein can some one just clarify that for me?

Yes, eggs are fairly fast as compared to red meat. So is tuna. Stick to the casein products or beef.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Lean ground beef mixed with lots of cabbage and/or other fibrous veggies is a very filling meal and nutrient-wise - way better than casein or cottage.

And yes, as mentioned above just cook it in bulk and tupperware so u can reheat before bed.
    You could even cook this and store in zip bags in the freezer and then microwave it from frozen if you wanted

Try adding some ginger, garlic and water chestnuts, soy sauce and sesamie oil to make up a nice kind of chineese Yuk Sung

Yes, eggs are fairly fast as compared to red meat. So is tuna. Stick to the casein products or beef.
    Exaclty, egss are rubish b4 bed IMO

Beef is best

That sounds good Base. I'm going to make it tomorrow night with some bok choy and peanuts.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    red meat or lean pork. Id actually avoid the cottage cheese. Even though its a slow digeting protein i dont like its effects on blood sugar before sleeping. This came after eating just that for years before bed...now i stick to center cut pork chops...canadian bacon , red meat and yes at times ground beef.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    That sounds good Base. I'm going to make it tomorrow night with some bok choy and peanuts.
    Get a pic and PM it to me

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Get a pic and PM it to me
    Got lazy and just did a meatloaf. It's delicious though and keto-friendly (of course I'm eating it with a ton of rice).

2 lbs. lean ground, 3 egg whites, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup salsa, ton of garlic sauteed with 2 cups of mushrooms, carrots, celery, and onions, cracked pepper, I threw in some dijon and woschestershire. Baked at 375 for 70 minutes on convection. It was just as good as pretty much any non-clean meatloaf I've had - no sodium either.

jngymrat is offline Associate Member
    Damien, that sounds really good! did you put the salsa on top after it was cooked? or did you mix the whole thing together and just cook it? And do you have that as a late night before bed meal or just a regular one? By your list of ingredients (minus the carrots) that actually sound like a good nighttime meal.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    I eat all sorts of things before bed. depends on my mood.

greek yogurt, plain, flavored with fat free, sugar free jello pudding powder

cottage cheese with sugar free raspberry jelly

steak

beef

casein shake with natty peanut butter and milk

your mom

Quote Originally Posted by jngymrat View Post
    Damien, that sounds really good! did you put the salsa on top after it was cooked? or did you mix the whole thing together and just cook it? And do you have that as a late night before bed meal or just a regular one? By your list of ingredients (minus the carrots) that actually sound like a good nighttime meal.
    I eat all sorts of things before bed. Usually a steak with veggies or a casein/nut butter concoction. This was just random and for taste since I was in the mood for something different and reminiscent of a "real" meal. The salsa was mixed with the loaf before baking to keep it moist and give some taste. I thought it a better option than just canned tomato sauce or ketchup obviously. The carrots were negligible as it was just like a 1/2 cup total of chopped mirepoix in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    I eat all sorts of things before bed. depends on my mood.

greek yogurt, plain, flavored with fat free, sugar free jello pudding powder

steak

beef

your mom
    I would have gone with:

"YOU can eat a lot of things before bed, depending on YOUR mood:

- greek yogurt, plain, flavored with fat free, sugar free jello pudding powder

steak

beef

THIS DICK"

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by clemont51 View Post
    Hair pie! Sorry for being crude but could not resist. Within a hour of bedtime I much a large
    amount of granola. Anything rough and slow digesting. Tried bran flakes, think colon blow!
    carbs before bed is a horrible idea.

Eat a steak or chicken breast or anything like that.

Thread Information