I've switched up lean ground beef for ground bison in my diet Heres the right up on it straight from livestrong.com

Overview
Bison is a lean red game meat that is similar in texture and flavor to beef. Because it is leaner than beef and lacks its marbling and natural fat content, it must be cooked at a lower temperature, and for less time for optimum tenderness, according to Buffalo Hills Bison. Ground bison is darker in color than ground beef. Bison burgers or patties are high in protein, B vitamins and certain minerals, such as zinc and iron.

Basic Nutrition Statistics
According to the Bison Basics website, a 100 g or 3.5-oz. raw portion of the leanest grass-fed ground bison provides 146 calories, 20.2 g of protein, 0 g of carbohydrate, 7.2 g of total fat, 2.9 g of saturated fat and approximately 55 mg of cholesterol. According to the National Bison Association, ground bison varies in degree of leanness, which alters the exact nutrition facts. Extra-lean ground bison is at least 95 percent lean; lean is 90 to 95 percent lean; and regular ground bison is 85 to 90 percent lean -- which are slightly different from the standards for ground beef.

Ground Meat Comparison
Ground bison, 95 percent lean is lower in calories and total fat than skinless ground chicken, ground turkey, 84 percent lean ground pork and 90 percent lean ground beef. A 3.5-oz. portion of 90 percent lean ground beef 30 more calories, 3 g more total fat; 1 g of additional saturated fat and 10 mg more of cholesterol. Yet lean ground bison provides a similar nutrient profile to that of beef and is still just as rich in high-quality protein as well as vitamins and minerals.

Vitamins and Minerals
A 100 g or 3.5 oz. portion of cooked bison meets about a quarter to one half of the recommended daily value or DV for vitamin B-2 or riboflavin; B-3 or niacin; B-6 and B-12. The B vitamins are essential for energy metabolism, nervous system health, the formation of cells, particularly red blood cells; and DNA synthesis. Ground bison is rich in the trace minerals iron and zinc. A 3.5-oz cooked portion meets 19 percent of the DV for iron and 21 percent for zinc. Iron is used for transporting oxygen to the body's cells and plays a role in immune system function. Zinc also supports immune system function; is needed for DNA synthesis and helps to maintain your sense of taste.

Grass-Fed Advantages
According to the Bison Basics website, grass-fed bison has a healthier ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids than grain-fed, which are types of essential polyunsaturated fatty acids. In general, the American diet is too low in omega-3 fatty acids. A healthy ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids is 10/1 or less. Grass-fed bison offers a ratio of 4/1 while the the ratio of grain-fed bison may be as high as 20/1. According to an article published in October 2002 in "Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy," a high omega-6/omega-3 ratio, as is found in the American diet, promotes cardiovascular disease, cancer, and autoimmune/inflammatory diseases, whereas a low omega-6/omega-3 ratio, or one of 4/1, is associated with a 70 percent decrease in total mortality.

Other Benefits
Lean ground bison is a nutrient-dense food; or one that delivers a substantial amount of nutrients compared to its caloric content. Because of its qualities, lean ground bison, particularly grass-fed, may be a beneficial food addition to a low-fat, heart-healthy diet or a weight management program. However, low-fat and low-calorie do not automatically mean that the meat is flavorless. On the contrary, ground bison has a similar moisture content to other lean red meats, about 75 percent of the raw weight. Moisture contributes to the meat's flavor -- which is distinct, rich and mildly sweet.

Besides the above, i actually like the taste more than ground beef. If it wasnt' for the price Id replace some of the chicken in my diet with it as well unfortunatley the cheapest i can find it is around $7/lb