Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member

Just started Lean Me Out's bulk diet that is a sticky and have a queston......

Just started LMO's bulk diet http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...nd-sample-diet... and I am currently natty. Do you think that this diet is ok to be on without being on gear? I'd like to put on some quality gains and I am in the gym 5 days a week putting up substantial weight.

My stats:

5'9"
    195 (AS OF LAST NIGHT, FORGOT TO WEIGH MYSELF THIS MORNING)
    14% bf (WILL CHECK AGAIN TODAY)

Any advice and thoughts would be appreciated

POPS is offline Senior Member
    looks good to me except for the cheese in meal 2 and the dextrose in pwo. Im cutting so I try to keep dairy to an absolute minimun. As far as pwo, I grind up some oats and mix them right up with my pwo shake.

Good to see someone else fro the windy city!

chi
    Pops thank you for the reply and definitely cool to see someone from windy city as well!!! I had been eliminating dairy from diet because of the sat fat content but going to give it a try seeing it is part of the diet. Can you tell me the reason why you don't like the dextrose? Sorry i have never taken it before but i know some people swear by it PWO.

Pops

chi
    well i had the meal before working out and it did not include any carbs so i went to lift legs today and was very sluggish and tired. Did not feel right and i am going to add some carbs to the meal of two cans of tuna, full fat mayo, and veggies. Any comments suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    well i had the meal before working out and it did not include any carbs so i went to lift legs today and was very sluggish and tired. Did not feel right and i am going to add some carbs to the meal of two cans of tuna, full fat mayo, and veggies. Any comments suggestions?
    I usually have sweet potatoes in my last meal before training for energy. Then the rest of the evening is pro/fats....as far as the dextrose I cannot answer that. Its way too easy to do oats....kind of a no brainer for me, besides we can get a 10lb box from costco for about $12.00

chi
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    looks good to me.. no need to do juice to run this.. a lot of guys on here only use juice to cut fat with out cutting muscle and bulk naturally..
    thank you machine

Quote Originally Posted by POPS View Post
    I usually have sweet potatoes in my last meal before training for energy. Then the rest of the evening is pro/fats....as far as the dextrose I cannot answer that. Its way too easy to do oats....kind of a no brainer for me, besides we can get a 10lb box from costco for about $12.00
    thanks pop noted about the potatos and will try dextrose just for the convenience.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    looks good to me.. no need to do juice to run this.. a lot of guys on here only use juice to cut fat with out cutting muscle and bulk naturally..

chi
    man so this morning i had my 8 eggs with oatmeal and that was quite a heft meal lol. I am going to do my 2 pm meal of tuna and hummus (hummus instead of mayo cuz i hate mayo) with veggies and then at 330 an hr before my work out i will eat a protein bar with a good amount of carbs.

Remember guys any suggestions are completely welcomed!!!

man so this morning i had my 8 eggs with oatmeal and that was quite a heft meal lol. I am going to do my 2 pm meal of tuna and hummus (hummus instead of mayo cuz i hate mayo) with veggies and then at 330 an hr before my work out i will eat a protein bar with a good amount of carbs.

Remember guys any suggestions are completely welcomed!!!
    be careful with those bars. Most of them have tons of sugar..

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Any good diet is good without running gear - in fact, gear won't do much at all with a poor diet.

Are you running that EXACT diet? If not, please post up your modified version.

chi
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Any good diet is good without running gear - in fact, gear won't do much at all with a poor diet.

Are you running that EXACT diet? If not, please post up your modified version.

gbrice the only modification i am doing to the diet is substituting hummus for mayo but equivalent amount of fat and i am adding a protein bar and hr before my workout for some carbs and good fat. Worked out very well today. I started at 193 on tuesday morning and i will post up what i am next tuesday. Currently weighing 199 but i think its mostly water because i have been eating stuff with soy sauce.

gbrice the only modification i am doing to the diet is substituting hummus for mayo but equivalent amount of fat and i am adding a protein bar and hr before my workout for some carbs and good fat. Worked out very well today. I started at 193 on tuesday morning and i will post up what i am next tuesday. Currently weighing 199 but i think its mostly water because i have been eating stuff with soy sauce.
    Good choice, hummus over mayo. Also, i'm glad to hear you're eating some carbs before your workout, although i'd rather see a better choice then a protein bar, something cleaner. I forgot to mention that while the sticky is mostly good solid info, one part I vehemently disagree with is the lack of carbs pre-workout. IMO, you cannot have an optimized workout without fueling it with a good complex carb source - my choice is oats, sweet potato would be excellent as well. In sticking with the 3 carb meals/day guide (which I also don't necessarily agree with), i'd go with carbs preworkout over PPWO any day of the week. Better still, i'd go with 4 meals at least. Breakfast, pre/pwo, and PPWO. At the end of the day, just make sure the carbs fit your daily goal for that macro.

Yea, drop the soy asap - aside from the disgustingly high sodium content, there is some research that suggests soy can increase estrogen production. The jury is out on whether that's legit or not, but i'd prefer to err on the side of caution. Nothing great about soy anyway as far as BBing is concerned.

chi
    Good choice, hummus over mayo. Also, i'm glad to hear you're eating some carbs before your workout, although i'd rather see a better choice then a protein bar, something cleaner. I forgot to mention that while the sticky is mostly good solid info, one part I vehemently disagree with is the lack of carbs pre-workout. IMO, you cannot have an optimized workout without fueling it with a good complex carb source - my choice is oats, sweet potato would be excellent as well. In sticking with the 3 carb meals/day guide (which I also don't necessarily agree with), i'd go with carbs preworkout over PPWO any day of the week. Better still, i'd go with 4 meals at least. Breakfast, pre/pwo, and PPWO. At the end of the day, just make sure the carbs fit your daily goal for that macro.

Yea, drop the soy asap - aside from the disgustingly high sodium content, there is some research that suggests soy can increase estrogen production. The jury is out on whether that's legit or not, but i'd prefer to err on the side of caution. Nothing great about soy anyway as far as BBing is concerned.

Dang gbrice where were yesterday???!!! I crashed hard halfway through my leg workout and was super tired! I will take note on the protein bar and will switch that out pretty quickly. The soy sauce is going to be hard to let go of because it makes everything so tasty. Thanks for your input Gbrice!

Dang gbrice where were yesterday???!!! I crashed hard halfway through my leg workout and was super tired! I will take note on the protein bar and will switch that out pretty quickly. The soy sauce is going to be hard to let go of because it makes everything so tasty. Thanks for your input Gbrice!
    LoL sorry bro, i've been REALLY behind on the forum since the remote trainer challenge started - spending alot of time in PM's.

Definitely get yourself some good complex carbs - i'd go for 40-50g and a good clean real food protein source (no shake).

Yea, soy does make things taste great - I used to marinade my flank steak in soy and a few other things, but now I just use a dry rub instead.

At the very least, get the lower sodium soy, which tastes like shit anyway so you'll get sick of it and give up on the soy eventually, lol!

jngymrat is offline Associate Member
    What's your age chi?

chi
    Quote Originally Posted by jngymrat View Post
    What's your age chi?
    I am 32

jngymrat is offline Associate Member
    How do you use the soy now? I'm curious if its just to make the food taste better or you just love soy?

chi
    Quote Originally Posted by jngymrat View Post
    How do you use the soy now? I'm curious if its just to make the food taste better or you just love soy?
    just to make the food taste better and i like soy sauce especially with rice

chi
    guys update on this 1-26 I weighed 193 pds today 2-4-11 and I weigh 197!!!! Best of all I have a visible reduction in the mid section fat!!! THe diet is awesome no doubt!!!

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    keep it up you'll be beast..

chi
    Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    keep it up you'll be beast..
    I plan on it mbmetc and i have been switching up the proteins so i dont get sick of it!!! Have to confess i have not even been doing all the shakes it has been mostly all food.

I plan on it mbmetc and i have been switching up the proteins so i dont get sick of it!!! Have to confess i have not even been doing all the shakes it has been mostly all food.
    thats the way it should be except for pwo UNLESS you have a time problem. Then a shake is better than nothing..

btw, how you doing with the snow???

chi
    guys any reason why i feel sleepy after certain meals and why after eating sometimes my temperature raises a bunch and i get sweaty?

guys update on this 1-26 I weighed 193 pds today 2-4-11 and I weigh 197!!!! Best of all I have a visible reduction in the mid section fat!!! THe diet is awesome no doubt!!!
    Great job bro!!!

The bold is WHY you've been making the progress you have. I bet if you had the shakes instead, you wouldn't have gone as far...

guys any reason why i feel sleepy after certain meals and why after eating sometimes my temperature raises a bunch and i get sweaty?
    Which meals? What are the specific foods? Turkey can make you drowsy, maybe you're especially sensitive to it. Sweaty and a raised temperature? Are you using hot sauce? Hot peppers? Spices? If not, it could be an allergic reaction.

chi
    Quote Originally Posted by POPS View Post
    thats the way it should be except for pwo UNLESS you have a time problem. Then a shake is better than nothing..

btw, how you doing with the snow???
    pops doing ok but the streets are a mess and i dont see them doing anything about anytime soon. Most roads lost lanes and it is making some killer traffic!!! My regular commutes home have gone from 25 mins to over an hr!!! Thanks for the advice

Great job bro!!!

Thanks GBrice!!

The bold is WHY you've been making the progress you have. I bet if you had the shakes instead, you wouldn't have gone as far...

Which meals? What are the specific foods? Turkey can make you drowsy, maybe you're especially sensitive to it. Sweaty and a raised temperature? Are you using hot sauce? Hot peppers? Spices? If not, it could be an allergic reaction.
    Well for example i will eat and right after my body temp goes up i want to say its sort of an insulin spike of some sort no hot sauce or allergic reaction. The sleepiness happens after my 2 pm that doesnt have carbs and my 10AM meal that doesnt have carbs.

Thread Information