Evh5150 is offline New Member

Is this an efficient diet? I'm a complete novice with dieting.

Hi everyone I'd just like to say I really appreciate this forum and I find it extremely helpful. I'm about 6 feet tall and I'm at 250lbs. I'm 18 years old and have been intensely lifting the past 4 years for football at my high school. Since I'm now done with football after a couple knee surgeries and deciding not to pursue college football I've joined a gym and I want to lose all my lineman fat and get lean for the summer. If it's possible I'd like to get as far as I can by June as I will be going to Cancun for a senior trip haha. In joining my gym I was provided with a diet plan as follows:

Meal #1 - 30g whey protein or egg beaters with one whole egg scrambled in it with 1/2 cup cream of wheat with Splenda. (It goes on to give alternatives)

Meal #2 - Approx 35g protein such as can of chicken/tuna or ready to drink protein meal replacement or protein bar.

Meal #3 Sandwich with turkey, fat free cheese, tomato, lettuce. Have an apple with natural peanut butter. (I've replaced the bread with whole grain wraps to cut back on calories)

Meal #4 - Protein and yogurt for digestion. Chicken breast, whey, tuna, turkey, etc.

Meal #5 - 1/4lb of 96% lean ground beef with lettuce, cheese, tomato (taco salad) or salmon, turkey, etc.

Meal #6 - "if you are still hungry before bed then you may eat some form of protein with healthy fat such as..." natural peanut butter spread on celery or 1/4 cup of nuts with more protein. About 30g.

It goes on to outline high days and low days. It's an average of 1800-2200 calories a day and 180-200g of protein minimum which I find difficult to do on a regular basis without going over the calorie count. This was written by the owner of the gym who was a bodybuilder and nutrition/fitness expert. You may or may not have heard of him, Brian Attebery. I do cardio an avg of 30 minutes a day with whatever machine I'm on saying I've burned 500 calories. I also workout on a regular basis. I've manipulated a couple of the meals to accommodate my likes or conveniences. I'd like to get down to 200-205lbs by June if that's possible. I started this diet out at about 260lbs and have since gotten to a little under 250lbs. Unfortunately I've been stuck at 250 for the past week and a half or so which is really frustrating. I allow myself a day where I don't consciously count calories. I don't completely gorge myself but I don't worry much about what I eat because I feel I need that one day to stay sane throughout this diet. I try not to eat past around 7 because I've heard that helps but I'm not sure. I've kind of cut down my calories to 1500/day which hasn't been much of an issue until today I felt completely exhausted and hungry after my workout so I ate about 2000 today. Is this a good diet plan? Should I switch to another more low carb focused diet? I'm not using AAS as I've learned from this forum I'm a bit too young. I've been taking a fat burner but I don't think it's doing me any good and I think I'm going to stop taking it. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. If there's any advice I can get on how to get where I want quickly I'll gladly take it related to my diet or not. Thanks in advance.

Jake

Evh5150 is offline New Member
    Sorry for repost. iPhone was being slow and accidentally hit post twice!

Thread Information