LeroyB is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Do you Cheat Meal your Keto

I normally have 1 cheat meal a week on Keto. Thinking of going two weeks or maybe not having a cheat at all. Wondering how you all rock it.

charcold is offline Associate Member
    During carb up? or when trying to get into keto?

Jmac87 is offline New Member
    Cyclical ketogenic dieting? Everyone does what keeps them sane really. I know some guys that do it one meal every four days or a whole day of carbing up (when I refer to carbing up I mean a "cheat meal"). Another way to do it to carb up the last six hours of your day but make sure to do it evenly. The problem is, from what I've read, most studies about carb loading have been focused on marathon runners and sprinters and none when it comes to cutting for a competition or summer bod. Do a search on "cyclical ketogenic diet" and you'll find lots of info referring to how many grams of carbs per lean body mass to consume through how many hours and the result. The ultimate result is to restore the muscles capacity of glycogen but if you go over board then say goodbye to ketogenic state and hello to fat. Personally I don't have a cheat meal unless I feel I'm on point to contest, I've had two cheat meals in over 10 weeks and I'm four weeks out and don't plan on potentially messing it all up for a trip to BK or Ihop.

SergeantCarbs is offline Associate Member
    You need your high carb days or your defeating the purpose of carb cycling

LeroyB is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I am 0 carbing on KETO, normally i have 1 cheat meal a week. Just wondering if that is what most of CKD are rocking.

Your either in ketosis or your not, no need to go down to zero carbs to get into ketosis, specially if your exercising the way ya should.

LeroyB is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Sergeant have you done CKD before? or KETO for that matter?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I like the Palumbo diet that allows a small amount of carbs around the workout window, and then 1 carb heavy meal/week (not really a cheat) preferably before a big workout day such as legs.

I havent read the Palumbo diet book but have heard good things about it. And yes, when low carbing you need some extra carbs before a good workout. I would usually pop a glucose tab preworkout. Leroy, yes. I guess what I followed most similarly would be the Anabolic Solution.

LeroyB is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Right - so I am going to go ahead and have one carb disaster per week.
    Wonder if it would be ok to do AFTER a heavy leg day?
    Migth give it a shot.

LeroyB is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I like the Palumbo diet that allows a small amount of carbs around the workout window, and then 1 carb heavy meal/week (not really a cheat) preferably before a big workout day such as legs.
    exactly thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyB View Post
    Migth give it a shot.
    Why after? If you do it before, you'll at least have the chance of putting some of those carbs to good use. Generally speaking, you want to take energy (carbs) for work you are going to do, not work that has already been done - with the exception of immediately PWO.

LeroyB is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Yea the issue is leg day is in 1 hour and if i eat now ill toss when squatting

So do it before your next workout, it doesn't have to be legs, I was just using that example as it's the most intense workout for most people.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    When i do keto - i do a 24 hr carb load. I dont go nuts but my first carb meal after final workout of week(6 days) doing no carbs- is a def cheat - i take in high gi carbs with protein shake. I use do like a ff ice cream/protein shake. If im deep in ketosis - which i am - i actually feel a rush from the carbs after this. The remainder of the carb up is quality carbs and clean protein ..fat as minimal as posible. No longer than 24 hrs. Its always worked very well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyB View Post
    Migth give it a shot.
    Before

The idea is to create a limited time insulin spike that promotes muscle growth. It also causes you to retain water weight for a couple days but the extra weight also gives ya a little more push behind your weights. This also keeps your body from getting used to your diet and not causing slow downs in progress.

I guess the biggest difference between the different ckd diets Ive read is that each have a different structure towards what to actually eat on the refeeds.

Thread Information