Thread: cycling carbs

fif
    fif is offline Junior Member

cycling carbs

currently 4 weeks into my cut and getting pretty bored with my diet, i have to mix it up a bit.

4 days of low carbs: sources would be oatmeal in the morning, oatmeal or brown rice post workout, and veggies throughout the day
    2 days no carbs: meaning all my carbs would come from corn, spinach, broccoli, etc... pretty much all extremely low GI carbs.
    1 carb up day: low GI carb source in every meal. this day includes my weekly cheat meal which is usually pizza/pasta/burger and fries/other garbage

what do you guys think?
    Last edited by fif; 04-20-2011 at 12:03 AM.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fif View Post
    currently 4 weeks into my cut and getting pretty bored with my diet, i have to mix it up a bit.

4 days of low carbs: sources would be oatmeal in the morning, oatmeal or brown rice post workout, and veggies throughout the dayHow much oatmeal in the morning? How much brown rice for post workout? Macros please...
    2 days no carbs: meaning all my carbs would come from corn, spinach, broccoli, etc... pretty much all extremely low GI carbs.
    I am assuming you are referring to sweet corn? Well, of all vegetables it certainly does not have the lowest GI. It would be rather categorized as medium GI. Not trying to be a smart ass here but since you are so careful about your carbs you might want to reconsider corn. I would replace it with sweet potato instead.
    1 carb up day: low GI carb source in every meal. this day includes my weekly cheat meal which is usually pizza/pasta/burger and fries/other garbage.
    I would still try to stay away from pm carbs in this day. I am sure your previously depleted glycogen stores will be already refilled even before your 3rd or 4th meal. There is no point in overkilling it IMO.
    what do you guys think?
    Responses in BOLD.

fif
    fif is offline Junior Member
    1/2 cup of oatmeal in the morning = 27g carbs, and 3/4 cup brown rice post workout = 36g.

macros are around 2000 cals, 230g protein, 50g fat, 100g carbs. i eat a lot of veggies throughout the day to fill me up so along with the oatmeal and brown rice, that make about 100g of carbs.
    Last edited by fif; 04-21-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What are your stats and what does your workout routine look like (roughly)?

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ditch the corn. Are you lifting on those no carb days? I'm carb cycling now for a contest and I do 3 low/ 1 high. No cheat meals for me.

MJRuff01 is offline Junior Member
    I have recently started a Carb cycling diet. I will post what exactly I have done, after I give it a few weeks.

Thread Information