Christopher_UK is offline Junior Member

Question Bought a casein shake, it mixes so terrible, is casein usually thick?

Hi there, I bought many whey protein shakes over the years and they've all mixed fine with water, weather flavoured or unflavoured, but this is the first time ever I've been on casein shakes and within 10 seconds it turns really thick and chunky, and it taste horrible and so hard to drink, I just wanted to know is this common with casein shakes?

If you guys have the same problem with your casein shakes, how do you get around this problem? any tips/tricks?

I'm on a cutting diet so just been adding two shakes of cinnamon and a sweetner tablet, same as with my PWO whey shake. Don't really want to use anything else because I dont want to add fat/carbs.

Besides, it's not the taste thats bothering me, its just how thick it goes, and so quick.

cmdace18 is offline Junior Member
    yes, its supposed to be thick; i usually just mix my casein with water and a spoon, drink what i can, and spoon the rest like pudding.

man, that sentence sounded bad, lol.

if it was easy dieting, everyone would be doing it. suck it up, and think about the positives of fueling your body to lose weight. do it up bro.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Just use more liquid. Casein by nature mixes thicker than whey. Personally, I love it - it's like a REAL shake. What brand did you buy?

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Yea casein shakes you don't drink... You choke down.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    just add more water lol it will get thinner

Christopher_UK is offline Junior Member
    lol at your replies, fair do's, just wondered if it was just the one I bought but sounds like a common thing. It's ok, I'll cope with it as it is, just have to drink it fast thats all. I bought this one: http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/product...__instantised_

I got 2.5kg for £40 including postage.

BTW nephets and gbrice, I lost 10 pounds so far on that new cutting diet, I replied in my cutting diet thread to give an update. I guess some of that will be water weight though. Day 9 now.
    Last edited by Christopher_UK; 05-06-2011 at 08:36 PM.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the weight loss. I figure, get a protein shake that your not too fond of anyway. Stops me from abusing them and I eat real meals instead. If I know its bad, I'll only drink it in a pinch. ha ha.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    I don't even make my casein as a shake. I do it with only like 1/2 cup of water per scoop and some either coconut oil or nut butter and whip it up in a little bowl like a pudding. Put it in the fridge and enjoy right before bed; it's the closest thing I get to dessert when I'm cutting strict.

Enz0 is offline New Member
    Put it in one of those protein glasses you use for protein shakes. Add water and 3 cubes of ice. Cover it and shake it real well. The ice will help the casein mix better with the water.

Thread Information