Thread: Chicken Legs?

Deadication is offline New Member

Chicken Legs?

Im on my non workout day -- Will have 60 min cardio after work -- I shave most of my carbs during non lift days save the banana I had with a Proshake for breakfast. I was late for work and had to bolt out of the door

Looking at a lunch option currently -- Buffalo Wild Wings 75 cent chicken legs w/ a dry rub instead of sauce = good choice? Noticed it's relatively high in fat content compared to my usually chicken breast. Any wisdom appreciated!

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Chicken legs have way more fat than the breasts. If possible stick with breasts if cutting.

Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I always use chicken legs in my diet but in moderation. Three legs is 62g of protein and 21g of fat which is acceptable in my diet. On high fat days 100g I might eat 3-6 peices of chicken legs. This is all my opinion but in moderation chicken legs are a great source of protein and the fat is acceptable. IMO

oscarjones is offline Banned
    Body does require some saturated fats. Although you should aim for 30-35% of your total fat intake to come from a healthy balance of omegas.
    Last edited by oscarjones; 08-31-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Deadication is offline New Member
    Thanks for the input gents -- I think I was looking for some justification since I knew they would be "yummy" but I just grit my teeth today and hammered down another spring lettuce salad w/ 4oz of lean turkey diced, 1/2 hard boiled egg chopped with a side of 4oz 2% cottage cheese.. 2T of olive oil balsamic ofc. Under 4 bucks @ Price Cutter salad bar <3

Thread Information