Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    nj2knox is offline New Member

doing everything you guys said but its not working!

ok, so....i dont wanna sound like a dipshit newb but here's the deal,

i started eating very very clean 2 weeks ago, doing 1 hour of low to med intensity cardio 3 times a week. plus wieghts 2 to 3 times a week.

i have gained 3 lbs and i am very very frustrated.

my goal is to lose bodyfat. i know its hard to add lean mass & lose fat at the same time but i watched that 6 part video by Milos Servec and he says to add lean mass because the new muscle will assist in the fat burning.

i lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks before i started eating clean by simply eating less and watching my carbs. but since have gained 3 back.

i feel like i am eating wayyy too much but i've been logging EVERYTHING i eat. these #'s are per day and approx.
    200 prot
    120 carbs
    1800 cal
    50 fat

i am 40
    5'11"
    268 lbs
    25 % bf
    i been in the gym since my H.S. days off & on so i am a big dude. everyone thinks i work out or i played ball or i'm a bouncer....etc etc

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Post up your complete diet w/ macros and we'll see what's doing. Let us decide if you've actually be "doing what we said".

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    This sort of is happining with me...I havent realy lost weight in a few months BUT i lost 9.5 inches total.
    Measure your self, look for inches lost. You maybe loosing fat and gaining mucsle. Which is actualy BETTER cuz muscel burns cals even when you are just sitting.
    follow GB advice, but it wont work if your not 100% honest about every lill thing ya stuff in your face-lol

From what I have learned here and further reaserch, a persons metab can get messed up by not eating properly and it can take months (depending on previous eating habbits ex. anorexia/manorexia or belimia can do serious damage. In my case I was eating way too few cals every day) for your body to respond to a new eating plan/life style.

~and hay if you want ta add a lill somethan to keep you motivated check out/join this here:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...etween-Oct-JAN

^^^ yep - the scale by itself is a poor tool to measure FAT loss. Notice I didn't say weight loss. In your current condition, it's possible you could be adding muscle while losing bodyfat, therefore your weight may not drop. Having said that, it would be odd that you're ADDING weight on a cutting diet, so i'm curious to see what this diet consists of.

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    If your diet is clean for the first time, you might have added muscle. You may not have been eating well enough to gain lean mass before.

Another thing it could be is that you lost 10lbs in two weeks. I am pretty sure some of that would have been water. So you could have just gained some of that water back.

meal 1- 4 serv. 100% whites 20p/0carb/100cal/0fat
    1whole egg 7p/1carb/72cal/4.5fat
    1/2 cup oats 1p/27carb/150cal/2.5fat note;oats are cooked in 1/2cup almond milk but doesn't it boil away? or should I just go water?

meal 2- 1.5 serv whole grain pasta 12p/52carb/270cal/2.1fat
    2 serv tuna 32p/0carb/140cal/2fat

meal 3- 2scoop syntha 6 shake w water 44p/30carb/400cal/12fat

meal 4- 1.5 serv low fat cott. cheese 18p/7carb/120cal/2.1fat
    fresh greens & chkn 29p/8carb/140cal/0fat
    10 mac. nuts 1.5p/2carb/100cal/10.5fat

meal 5- broc., carrots, celery mix 1cup

workout

meal 6- 2 scoop syntha 6 shake w water 44p/30carb/400cal/12fat

total.....272.5p/157carb/2032cal/50fat

plus i take a 2 a day multi, CLA, and 1 tbsp of fish oil every day
    Last edited by nj2knox; 09-07-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nj2knox View Post
    meal 1- 4 serv. 100% whites 20p/0carb/100cal/0fat
    1whole egg 7p/1carb/72cal/4.5fat
    1/2 cup oats 1p/27carb/150cal/2.5fat note;oats are cooked in 1/2cup almond milk but doesn't it boil away? or should I just go water?
    Go with water. I wish you had posted totals for each meal because i'm too lazy to add them up myself. This meal has enough fat without the almond milk IMO.

meal 2- 1.5 serv whole grain pasta 12p/52carb/270cal/2.1fat
    I agree with Twist - drop the pasta. I would not replace with more carbs, i'd make this a pro/fat meal. I would add 2 cups green veggies, and 3 fish oil caps

meal 3- 2scoop syntha 6 shake w water 44p/30carb/400cal/12fat
    Syntha 6 is shit IMO - too high in carbs and fat for a protein powder. I do like the protein blend it offers however. I'd swap this for a powder lower in fat and carbs, but similar in protein - I like Myofusion.

meal 4- 1.5 serv low fat cott. cheese 18p/7carb/120cal/2.1fat
    fresh greens & chkn 29p/8carb/140cal/0fat
    10 mac. nuts 1.5p/2carb/100cal/10.5fat
    I'd replace the nuts with fish oil caps. You don't need 12g fat in this meal. You can remove 10.5g from the nuts and add 3-4g back in with fish oils

meal 5- broc., carrots, celery mix 1cup
    I don't like this for your pre workout meal TBH. Remember the carbs I suggested you drop from meal 2? Well, i'd add them back in here. Fuel your workout bro. Don't go with pasta though - go with something ultra clean - oats, sweet potato/yam (would be a great choice), etc. Add fish oils here

workout

meal 6- 2 scoop syntha 6 shake w water 44p/30carb/400cal/12fat[/QUOTE]

I'd replace the Syntha 6 ASAP. Do 2 scoops of a better powder here, and about 35g of complex carbs.

That's it? Can you list time of day for each meal and for your workout?

total.....272.5p/157carb/2032cal/50fat
    IMHO you're eating plenty, you just need to eat the right stuff. I like the protein and fat macro right where they are. Carbs need to come down IMO, and I would completely drop the carbs on non-workout and cardio only days. Don't up fats or proteins on those days. this is how you'll widen your caloric deficit.

If you can fit am fasted cardio in, do it and keep it low/medium intensity, steady state. 30 mins at least. Another session of HIIT PWO would be awesome. The fat will come off if you're consistent bro.

Will be able to scrutinize further once you provide more info and/or update diet.

plus i take a 2 a day multi, CLA, and 1 tbsp of fish oil every day[/QUOTE]

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Are you measuring and weighing everything? I have found I am WAY off when I estimate. I only ask because I cannot imagine you eating the same amount of calories as me (although I am on a 40/20/20 diet) and gaining. Especially because you weight 268 (I weigh 200) and are putting out more calories in exercise than I am.

I am currently eating 2100 calories a day. Week one I lost 7 pounds. From now on I hope to lose 2-3 pounds of fat a week.

since i am a new member i cannot contact gbrice75....can one of you guys ask him to critique my diet?

and yes jonnyvegas for the 1st time in my life, i measure everything! trust me it's a pain in the ass. but i am very serious about this.

also johnnyvegas for the 1st time in my life i am doing 60 min of low to medium intensity cardio AFTER 1.5 hours of wieghts. i have always had fast results losing wieght doing HIIT for 30 min. But everyone on this site is saying that i was losing more than just BF. so i'm trying it this way for now.
    Last edited by nj2knox; 09-07-2011 at 04:07 PM.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    For the 1st time in my life, i measure everything! trust me it's a pain in the ass. but i am very serious about this. I am doing 60 min of low to medium intensity cardio AFTER 1.5 hours of wieghts. i have always had fast results losing wieght doing HIIT for 30 min. But everyone on this site is saying that i was losing more than just BF. so i'm trying it this way for now.
    Man, I hate all the measuring and cooking, but it is the only thing that works. I have found that I do best to cut back on lifting when trying to cut fat.

I was going to say that you might be gaining weight AND losing fat, but then I read you may have low Test. I gained 25 pounds of muscle and lost 25 pounds, but that all happened after I went on 200mg/week of Test Cyp for TRT. Now I am just trying to get my fat down by dieting properly. Definitely get your Test levels checked out.

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    how many times a day are you eating? Post exactly what and when your eating and you can get alot more help

post #6 on this thread is exactly what & when i eat....

brad1986......i did. scroll up.

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    brad1986......i did. scroll up.
    oop my bad idk how i missd that

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    1. You shouldn't be gaining weight even if you are adding muscle. Your too high of a bf% so even if you gained 1lb of muscle per week you should still be losing 2-3lbs per week MINIMUM.
    2. Do HIIT cardio for at least an hour 4x per week. If that's too much do HIIT for as long as you can and then do medium intensity for at least the rest of the hour; the longer you are on the treadmill after that HIIT the better.
    3. Up your calories to 2,200 cals in the form of green veggies, sweet potato and protein
    4. take out the pasta for sure

A lot of the time weight loss is not something that happens evenly over every week. Sometimes you can get big drops and sometimes you can get small or nothing. Nothing after a big drop is usual. Consistency is key.

hey brad .....critique my diet so you can have 1000 posts. LOL!

Thanks twist. i know from being on here that you & gbrice75 are the shit and i really wanted to hear his thoughts on my diet. but i cant contact him as i am too new. can you get the message to him for me?

So you say up the cardio...ok i will. but what about wieghts? should i keep going the way i am?

At 40 i know for sure my test levels are low as i have almost all of the tell tale signs, low labido, tired, feel like shit alot, very hard to gain new muscle, very easy to gain fat, etc etc. i actually have a 14 week supply at 500 per wk of test E that i considered running, but i know what you guys all say about us fat guys doing a cycle. i really just want to get some new muscle...feel better...and get my mojo back w the ladys you know ?

Thanks twist. i know from being on here that you & gbrice75 are the shit and i really wanted to hear his thoughts on my diet. but i cant contact him as i am too new. can you get the message to him for me?
    I will tell him to stop by. Your diet is fine and any critique is splitting hairs at your stage of development. You are not eating enough or you are not eating what you wrote down. One of the two.

So you say up the cardio...ok i will. but what about wieghts? should i keep going the way i am?
    DO a regular 5 day workout plan. Get in the gym as often as you can.

At 40 i know for sure my test levels are low as i have almost all of the tell tale signs, low labido, tired, feel like shit alot, very hard to gain new muscle, very easy to gain fat, etc etc. i actually have a 14 week supply at 500 per wk of test E that i considered running, but i know what you guys all say about us fat guys doing a cycle. i really just want to get some new muscle...feel better...and get my mojo back w the ladys you know ?
    If your test levels are low then you should go see a doc and get trt. Unless you want to have kids that's the best option. If you are low on test and get trt tell the doc you want to skip the creams. Go to an endocrinologist.

gbrice75.....I will tweek it based on your advice and then post my new version. I will include totals for each meal.

#1 Drop the pasta & milk.
    #2 Do fasted low/med morning cardio as well as HIIT PWO
    #3 Replace the synth6 w myofusoin or equal

Just curious....why so much fish oil caps? Won't that cause me to lose alot of calories on those changes?

What should my fat intake for the day be?

OK GUYS.....Here's my new meal plan. Plus I changed my cardio to 30 min of HIIT followed by 30 min of low/med.

gbrice75...Each meal totals are listed.

prot/carbs/fat/calories

#1 5serv egg white 25 0 0 125 8:30AM
    1 egg 7 1 4.5 72
    1/2 cup oats 1 27 2.5 150
    TOALS 33 28 7 347

#2 1 cup veggies 5 12.5 0 63 11:30AM
    2 serv tuna 32 0 2 140
    3 tsp fish oil 0 6 4.5 67
    TOTALS 37 20.5 13.5 340

#3 1scp myfus plus 1scp syntha6 2:00PM
    TOTALS 45 20 9 347

#4 McD's side salad 2 4 0 20 4:30PM
    McD's grill chkn br 23 1 1 100
    LF dressng 0 3 2.5 35
    3oz shredded veggies 2 5 0 25
    3/4 cup LF cott ch 18 7.5 2.5 120
    3 tsp fish oil 0 6 4.5 67
    TOTALS 45 21.5 10.5 367

#5 gr chkn br (wanna go beef) 23 1 1.5 110 8:30PM
    1 medium sweet potato 2.3 23 .2 103
    TOTALS 25.3 24 1.7 213

WORKOUT

#6 1scp myofusion & 1scp synth6
    TOTALS 45 20 9 347 POST WORK OUT

DAYS TOTALS 230 PROT 134 CARBS 50.7 FAT 1927 CAL

PLEASE BE BRUTALLY HONEST....I'M SERIOUS ABOUT GETTING LEAN.
    Last edited by nj2knox; 09-09-2011 at 02:09 PM.

wow! so u lost 25 of fat & added 25 of lean mass on just 200 per week of test cyp?

i didnt know those type of results wer poss on TRT. how long did those #'s take to achieve?
    Last edited by nj2knox; 09-09-2011 at 04:28 PM.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    hi knox. i followed a plan and lost 35 pounds. this diet works but you gotta stay on top of it. you can do and you will get a lot of support from this board. Welcome!!

Hey girlgymrat....thanks! Do you mean "MY" diet will work? Or the diet on that link you sent?

The diet on that link calls for ALOTTA carbs and calories...I'm not sure that's right for me at this stage in the game. I think that once I build some muscle & lose some fat my body will become a metobolic furnace, and than at that point I would start upping everything.

Thoughts?

sorry if I confused ya..i was using diet to mean "this diet thing" works ; ) i didn't send a link that I recall....stick with GBrice and Twist. they will make mods as required. but the whole diet thing is so key...I think it is 80% diet having had myself workout out for years, not eating right and not getting anywhere.

yes yes yes ...diet is 70 to 80% of achieving goals. BTW the word "DIET" is automatically highlighted and when I click it, it brings me to a page that has a sample diet.

wow! so u lost 25 of fat & added 25 of lean mass on just 200 per week of test cyp?

i didnt know those type of results wer poss on TRT. how long did those #'s take to achieve?
    If you are fighting low testosterone you are fighting a losing battle. You can still cut but it will take a hell of a lot more work to get lean. If you have low test go get on trt. If you are worried about not being able to have children then use hcg along side of trt. BUt you need trt if you have low test. Test is a crucial hormone in the body and is not just for gaining muscle mass. You need it.

yes yes yes ...diet is 70 to 80% of achieving goals. BTW the word "DIET" is automatically highlighted and when I click it, it brings me to a page that has a sample diet.
    Your diet is great. I would still up the cals but that depends on your test levels. If they are low you should stick with that. Also if you have low test then cut out all unnecessary fats added to the diet. A small amount of fish oil is ok but use it preworkout. That's it. Don't add in other fat sources for the sake of having more fat cals.

REALLY...I had no idea! thx!

Ok, so you work out pretty late in the evening, i.e. meal 6, your PWO meal, is your last of the day. What time does this meal occur, and what time do you go to bed? I think i'd still add a bit of complex carbs to that meal tbh.

Personally, I think your fat intake is gtg at 50g. Mine is roughly 45g at a similar (slightly lower) caloric intake.

Finally, idk about that meal 4 bro... I know it's supposed to be 'grilled chicken' but we're talking about McDonald's here... can you really trust the way that chicken is being prepared? Who knows what they do to it before they freeze it?

I'd try very hard to eat a better meal here. When there's a will, there's a way!

Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would stress to you to be patient and also consistent, you will see results with dedication. Good luck

ok gbrice75 I'm gonna prepare my own chicken breasts. Yes meal 6 is my last meal immediately after workout usually between 10 & midnight. I go to sleep 1 to 2 am. What should I add to that last meal? Wouldn't that be too many carbs for the days totals?

Also, I can change my workout time if that would help.
    Last edited by nj2knox; 09-12-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Thread Information