jypoll is offline Member

pasteurized egg whites

i shouldn't need to cook these, i can drink it straight from the cartoon, right??

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    I drink mine straight from the cartoon. No problem.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    If they are pasteurized, then you are good to go. Sounds icky though.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    They are much smoother than real egg whites, none of that 'snotty' sensation. Still taste as bad but mine mix in with oats and protein powder.

Remember, if you don't down the real thing, you're not as tough as Rocky!!!!!

Maybe I will try drinking them. I have two cups every morning, but I cook them because I cannot imagine drinking them. And you are right, I can only think of snot.

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    Are you kidding?? Mix these (about 5 egg's worth) with your protein powder and 4 ice cubes in a blender. If your protein powder has a cheaper flavor additive, put a packet of splenda in with it. Blend it for a while, and eventually it will whip up real creamy. It's better than Cold-Stone. Almost. And WAY better as a base for your shake than milk.

I read that avoiding raw egg whites isn't so much because of the very low risk of Salmonella, but that your body cannot break raw egg into it's component proteins unless it's cooked beyond about 140 degrees (pasteurization)

I'll bet even if you didn't want to use a protein powder, you could whip 'em up with some splenda in a blender and it'd be the bomb.

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    I blend mine up with oats and protein powder every morning!

Now I feel like the odd man out for actually cooking my eggs. What was I thinking? Heh.

I used to cook my egg whites fully and then blend them up with my shake... YUK! Then I read about it being fine - actually better - if they were just pasteurized.

I've tried my shakes with oats too, and while I like the consistency - and that it's almost the "perfect" liquid meal, I still get a big clump of husks at the bottom... Not that I don't like the roughage, but did you find a way to keep that stuff in the shake??

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69 View Post
    I used to cook my egg whites fully and then blend them up with my shake... YUK! Then I read about it being fine - actually better - if they were just pasteurized.

I've tried my shakes with oats too, and while I like the consistency - and that it's almost the "perfect" liquid meal, I still get a big clump of husks at the bottom... Not that I don't like the roughage, but did you find a way to keep that stuff in the shake??
    I know exactly what you mean.. Everytime I go for a gulp I give it a swirl otherwise the oats just drop to the bottom.

Thread Information