Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    jamesz123 is offline Associate Member

Protien cycling ?

How many have tried to cycle protein on AND off the juice.
    And what are your opinions about it ?
    Does it work off cycle (or even on ), is it worth it ?
    thank you.

DIESELPWR is offline Member
    Why would you cycle protein? I'm not sure if I follow

I keep reading about this: having low protein days ...that will actually make the body increase its efficiency in utilizing the limited protein intake for those days (a defense mechanism). Than you suddenly increase protein dramatically and since the body is still in that mode, all the protein that is going in will be utilized better than before.
    Something to that effect.
    Anyone try it and does it work practically ?
    thx

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Never heard of that either.. Carb cycling yes .. Not sayn it isnt correct just havent heard.. I wonder (if it were correct) how long u would have to go low protein to get ur body to process more efficiently and then how much better it would process it and for how long and would it be worth it? Personally i just eat alot of protein everyday..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Never heard of that either.. Carb cycling yes .. Not sayn it isnt correct just havent heard.. I wonder (if it were correct) how long u would have to go low protein to get ur body to process more efficiently and then how much better it would process it and for how long and would it be worth it? Personally i just eat alot of protein everyday..
    http://www.flexonline.com/nutrition/try-cycling-protein

Article on it in Flex online - Try Cycling protien

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I wouldn't bother. Protein isn't worth manipulating IMO. Feed your body sufficient protein to build muscle, then give it the energy to actually build (carbs). Easy enough.

Gym_ is offline Banned
    That sounds silly to me because if your not eating protein then what are you eating CARBS ?

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    When u carb cycle you are essentially protein cycling as well-its all semantics. This so called "protein cycling" diet could just as easily be called carb cycling - just for longer duration ie 5 days high carb followed by 5 days low carb etc.
    I dont keep protein intake the same on hi-low and no carb days when i prime. Carbs are protein sparing so for those that can ingest hi carbs fairly freely(not carb sensative) - they can lower protein with higher carbs on an ongoing basis..
    All in all the 2 best strategies for me to achieve dietary anabolic manipulation are carb cycling (and incidentally other macros are cycled as well) and cyclic keto diet. Carb cycling works great as a prime pre cycle or off cycle as well. Off cycle you can carb cycle for 4-8 weekd and follow with a straight more conventional macro split and get good gains. Pre cycle it is an amazing way to prep the body for growth.
    Keto on cycle should be healthy fats and lean proteins with a slightly higher protein intake and lower fat intake than when off cycle -like 70%fats/30% proteins. Off cycle a keto should be "dirtier" including saturated fats at around 80% fat 20% protein. both carb up shoulb be lean protein and high carb with very low fat.
    OP regardless of what they call this - why not try it and start a log? It would be interesting to see how spreading out the duration of high and low carbs or protein whatever u wanna call it (like the do 5 day durations) would work compared to almost daily macro cycling- as is more commonly done.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    When u carb cycle you are essentially protein cycling as well-its all semantics. This so called "protein cycling" diet could just as easily be called carb cycling - just for longer duration ie 5 days high carb followed by 5 days low carb etc.
    I dont keep protein intake the same on hi-low and no carb days when i prime. Carbs are protein sparing so for those that can ingest hi carbs fairly freely(not carb sensative) - they can lower protein with higher carbs on an ongoing basis..
    All in all the 2 best strategies for me to achieve dietary anabolic manipulation are carb cycling (and incidentally other macros are cycled as well) and cyclic keto diet. Carb cycling works great as a prime pre cycle or off cycle as well. Off cycle you can carb cycle for 4-8 weekd and follow with a straight more conventional macro split and get good gains. Pre cycle it is an amazing way to prep the body for growth.
    Keto on cycle should be healthy fats and lean proteins with a slightly higher protein intake and lower fat intake than when off cycle -like 70%fats/30% proteins. Off cycle a keto should be "dirtier" including saturated fats at around 80% fat 20% protein. both carb up shoulb be lean protein and high carb with very low fat.
    OP regardless of what they call this - why not try it and start a log? It would be interesting to see how spreading out the duration of high and low carbs or protein whatever u wanna call it (like the do 5 day durations) would work compared to almost daily macro cycling- as is more commonly done.

very interesting. Thx
    I am sensitive to carbs so I keep my carbs low - no simple carbs except sugar in tea and coffee. I do eat lots of sugar one day a week. I will be getting on a cycle hopefully in 1 week (or less). Than I might slightly increase the carbs. I want to bulk up with min fat increase.
    Is it even possible to increase muscle with NO fat increase ?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesz123 View Post
    Is it even possible to increase muscle with NO fat increase ?
    I suppose... but you'd have to be EXTREMELY dialed in to do that. Most people simply won't be that fine tuned. The key is to closely monitor your progress and make adjustments as needed, vs. letting it get out of control.

Thread Information