Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    LOL - Thats all I get from the "Diet God"??? Just playin. I'll be doing weekly weigh-ins and bi-weekly photo's/measurements.
    Lmao!!! I figured you were in good hands, didn't want to step on toes.

I'll refer to your PM.

~GB

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    amputated cajun??? GB not wanting to "step on toes", some strange goings on for sure!

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    amputated cajun??? GB not wanting to "step on toes", some strange goings on for sure!
    The Tribulation?????.....j/k Kirk Cameron is still here.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Are you asking if I think cardio is necessary, or which method I prefer? I don't think cardio is necessary in "theory" based off of the example FG said; however, in a practical sense I think MOST everyone needs to be doing it. There's always gonna be people that can get away with things the rest of us can't. Also, it's a great habit to get into. This is a lifestyle, if you compromise cardio then what's next...diet? I absolutely believe that Diet, exercise, ard cardio are essential to most people looking to drop bodyfat. It's a package deal, if you can't be committed enough to do cardio, it just seems like a matter of time before something else falls out. I think people looking for a reason to get out of cardio will soon look for a reason to get out of their diet.

As far as LIC vs HIIT. What works for some might not work for others and vice versa. I think you should either do both, or experiment with both, to see which works better for you. I don't mind cardio....whether is 60 boring minutes on LIC (which gives me time to think or watch some TV), or 20 minutes of excrutiating HIIT (Which gives me more time to be doing something else), it's all the same to me.

Before starting Tbody's workout I was a fan of 3 days 60min fasted LIC and 2 days 20 min HIIT post workout. I would alternate these of course. However, the routine Tbody put together for me, is like doing 45 HIIT so I don't do HIIT for now. I also wouldn't want to do it on my off days because my legs need recovery from the night before.

Once I start the cutting portion of this Diet my week will probably look something like this for cardio.
    Monday-Workout - Legs - No cardio
    Tues- Fasted LIC 60min
    Wed - Workout followed by 20min HIIT
    Thursday - Fasted LIC 60min
    Friday - Workout followed by 20min HIIT
    Saturday - Fasted LIC 60min
    Sunday - Rest
    Thanks for your explanation.
    I too like cardio thank goodness. I was just shocked (if I intrepreted it correctly) to read that Fireguy no longer prescribes to fasted and found that HITT 3x's a week was better for him so I wanted your take since you were familiar with the thread.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Thanks for your explanation.
    I too like cardio thank goodness. I was just shocked (if I intrepreted it correctly) to read that Fireguy no longer prescribes to fasted and found that HITT 3x's a week was better for him so I wanted your take since you were familiar with the thread.
    Yep...that's what he was saying. Many people think HIIT is better, while some people like fasted a.m. cardio better. I could care less and I really don't want to take the time right now to figure out which one is best for me....so I do both. After these 20 weeks are up I think I'm gonna put together a log of the two and compare the differences. Should be interesting.

I made a video today of me squatting and posted it on youtube, go to my thread and check out the link. It's soooooooooooo cool.

So 2 workout days down.....22 to go! Tonight the workout was much easier in the sense I didn't want to quit or throw up. I attribute this to either...

1. Took 2 caffiene pills prior to workout
    2. I really focused on my breathing today - I didn't feel near as winded
    3. Took 30-60 sec breaks in between Bodyparts. For instance we did all legs - walked to the water fountain and got a drink. Then Chest/Shoulders - walked to the water fountain and got a drink, and so on. Is this okay Tbody? Last time we did this is was like one huge superset. We still did supersets for each body part without breaks.

Surprisingly, even though I felt less winded today...I felt a stronger pump. I'm still a little shaky and my arms feel very swollen.

I added the 1 cup oats today. Post workout w/ some skim milk. I really like eating my oats like a cereal. Does anyone else do this? I do 1 cup oats 3/4 cup skim milk with sugar free honey. It's pretty damn good. I know there's like 5g of sugar in the skim milk, but it's post workout so I assume that's okay if it fits in my daily allowance.

What do you guys think?

On a side note...about 3 weeks ago I bought some ON Casein Powder Banana Creme flavor. Do yourself a favor and NEVER buy this. It's very nasty. This is my first experience with casein powders so maybe all of them are bad, but if not...Banana Creme sucks. Just a heads up.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    I added the 1 cup oats today. Post workout w/ some skim milk. I really like eating my oats like a cereal. Does anyone else do this? I do 1 cup oats 3/4 cup skim milk with sugar free honey. It's pretty damn good. I know there's like 5g of sugar in the skim milk, but it's post workout so I assume that's okay if it fits in my daily allowance.

What do you guys think?

On a side note...about 3 weeks ago I bought some ON Casein Powder Banana Creme flavor. Do yourself a favor and NEVER buy this. It's very nasty. This is my first experience with casein powders so maybe all of them are bad, but if not...Banana Creme sucks. Just a heads up.
    Plenty of folk will say no to milk because of the sugar but I mix 100ml with my PWO shake of oats and protein blend. I even do this when cutting.

Good news you are doing fasted and HIIT cardio, a mix of both works best for me but you'll only truly know what works best for you if you do one type for a period then switch to another for a few weeks and compare results.

Yeah, ON's banana is not good though I am a big fan of their chocolate flavour.

Have you guys seen this regarding milk for PWO?

"There is growing amounts of evidence, both acute and long-term, to support the use of low-fat milk as a post-resistance exercise beverage. Consumption of low-fat milk appears to create an anabolic environment following resistance exercise and over the long term with training, it appears that greater gains in lean mass and muscle hypertrophy can be obtained [15]. Furthermore, milk may also lead to greater losses of body fat when it is consumed following resistance training [15]."

Here's the complete study http://www.jissn.com/content/5/1/15

I have always been a milk fan, and it's very hard for too much bad to be said about skim milk. Yeah, the workout isn't designed to be a cardio session, it is designed to be able to be performed in anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and 15 minutes so people don't have to block out two hours of their day to get a workout in. And since this is only done three days a week the advertising pitch is that in less than three hours a week you can make a major difference in your appearance! You could rest between every set if you wanted to. I really think not resting between sets is the way to go, when I was doing this I would finish my supersets, and start right back over, since there are two of you, you are getting crazy amounts of rest if you are taking turns, comparatively speaking.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    Have you guys seen this regarding milk for PWO?

"There is growing amounts of evidence, both acute and long-term, to support the use of low-fat milk as a post-resistance exercise beverage. Consumption of low-fat milk appears to create an anabolic environment following resistance exercise and over the long term with training, it appears that greater gains in lean mass and muscle hypertrophy can be obtained [15]. Furthermore, milk may also lead to greater losses of body fat when it is consumed following resistance training [15]."

Here's the complete study http://www.jissn.com/content/5/1/15

when i competed in a triathlon last summer, i saw all the top dogs drinking chocolate milk.

I have always been a milk fan, and it's very hard for too much bad to be said about skim milk. Yeah, the workout isn't designed to be a cardio session, it is designed to be able to be performed in anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and 15 minutes so people don't have to block out two hours of their day to get a workout in. And since this is only done three days a week the advertising pitch is that in less than three hours a week you can make a major difference in your appearance! You could rest between every set if you wanted to. I really think not resting between sets is the way to go, when I was doing this I would finish my supersets, and start right back over, since there are two of you, you are getting crazy amounts of rest if you are taking turns, comparatively speaking.
    Not so much. Browngirl starts 1 set a head of me. For instance she'll do her Pull-ups and superset with flat bench while I'm doing pull ups and we'll switch...this way there is never any rest between supersets, only when we finish a muscle group we'll take the 30-60sec breather.

I love milk, but sadly have a tough time digesting it if I have too much. Otherwise I could easily drink a gallon/day. Milk is fine as long as you're able to tolerate the lactose.

Just finished my 60 min LIC Cardio. A bit boring as always, but at least I got caught up with current events on CNN.

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade
    Just finished my 60 min LIC Cardio. A bit boring as always, but at least I got caught up with current events on CNN.
    Nice, good job!!

Not so much. Browngirl starts 1 set a head of me. For instance she'll do her Pull-ups and superset with flat bench while I'm doing pull ups and we'll switch...this way there is never any rest between supersets, only when we finish a muscle group we'll take the 30-60sec breather.
    Good to hear!

3 Workouts Down - 21 to Go.

Tonight was tough. A few hours before we left for the gym I started to get some horrible cramps. I was hurting pretty bad, but the last thing I wanted to do was get on here and have to tell all you guys/girls that I wimped out. So...I put my big boy pants on and went anyway. Surprisingly I had a good workout. The cramps didn't go away...I'm still hurting now, but the workout kinda took my mind off of it.

Tomorrow morning I've got 60min fasted cardio, and then Sunday will be weigh-in day!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the cramps, do those come every month???

Sorry to hear about the cramps, do those come every month???
    LOL - Yep...Everytime BrownGirl gets hers I start to get mine....and headaches too. LOL Just kidding.

Seriously though...I think my body just isn't used to digesting this much food or something. I mean, I went from 2000 calories to almost 3000 this week so I could see how it could be a bit pissed at me about now.

LOL - Yep...Everytime BrownGirl gets hers I start to get mine....and headaches too. LOL Just kidding.

Seriously though...I think my body just isn't used to digesting this much food or something. I mean, I went from 2000 calories to almost 3000 this week so I could see how it could be a bit pissed at me about now.
    When I was doing this workout I started weighing 135lbs and was eating at least 6000 calories a day. And, in case you didn't know, weight training is actually beneficial for helping alleviate the symptoms and severity of menstral cramps.

When I was doing this workout I started weighing 135lbs and was eating at least 6000 calories a day. And, in case you didn't know, weight training is actually beneficial for helping alleviate the symptoms and severity of menstral cramps.
    You do realize that I am a guy right????? lol

There is no sense in me not taking an opportunity to present you with accurate information. It was a learning opportunity so I informed. I'll bet that was something you didn't know before, so it already is a day worth living because you learned something new. It may come in handy as well, since you live with someone who might want to use having them as a reason to skip a workout, now you can let her know that it would be a mistake to do so.

Did 60min fasted cardio this morning which concluded week 1. Tomorrow is a rest day....NO LIFTING NO CARDIO. I gave the cheat meal some thought and decided once every two weeks should be suffice.

Tomorrow morning will be the 1st weigh in...so we'll see how that goes and I'll post the results along with next weeks diet plan.

Did 60min fasted cardio this morning which concluded week 1. Tomorrow is a rest day....NO LIFTING NO CARDIO. I gave the cheat meal some thought and decided once every two weeks should be suffice.

Tomorrow morning will be the 1st weigh in...so we'll see how that goes and I'll post the results along with next weeks diet plan.
    I am on pins and needles!

Okay 1 week update:

Weighed in today - 183lbs - What??? Up 3.5lbs in 1 week????

This scared me a bit...thinking it surely can't be all muscle. So I pulled out my BF calipers (even though I told myself that was an every 2 week measurement) and NO INCREASE IN BF!!!! Not even a little.

I still don't think this is all muscle...maybe a little water retention so I'm going to weigh agian over the next 2 days and take a 3 day average. However, I feel like I'm looking bigger. Could just be my imagination though. I'll let you guys be the judge next week when I post progress pics.

I'll be changing up my diet - ~same macros, but different meals for the week. SO GBRICE, I've you're looking at this, come back later tonight and tell me if I'm good to go. Everyone else that follows the log...I need your input as well so thanx in advance.

This weeks Diet: I've bumped up calories on lift days and reduced them a little for non-lift. Give me your input.

Lift Day - Calories 2956/ Fat 53g/ Carbs 320g/ Pro 302 Macro Split (f/c/p) = 16/43/41

Non Lift Day - Calories 2035/ Fat 41g/ Carbs 191g/ Pro 222 Macro Split (f/c/p) = 18/38/44

Lift Day Meals

Meal 1
    2 oz Ground Beef
    Veggies
    4 egg whites
    3/4 Cup Oats
    3/4 Cup Skim Milk
    Cals = 494 f/c/p = 7/60/50

Meal 2
    Isopure Protein Shake
    1 tbs peanut Butter
    1/2 cup oats
    1/2 cup skim Milk
    Cals = 412 f/c/p = 11.5/46/38

Meal 3
    Tuna and Eggs
    Veggies
    1 No bake cookie (mix of oats/protein powder/peanut butter)
    Cals = 304 f/c/p = 5.25/24.5/42

Meal 4
    Meat Balls
    1/2 cup brown rice
    No bake cookie
    Cals = 519 f/c/p = 13.25/56.5/40.5

Meal 5 (Pre-workout Meal)
    SlimmerMe's Pancakes
    Cals = 430 f/c/p = 4.6/63/41

Workout-1 Hour

Meal 6 (Post-Workout Meal)
    1 Scoop Casien
    1 Scoop Whey
    1 Cup Oats
    1 Cup Skim Milk
    Cals = 611 f/c/p = 7.5/69/67

Meal 7
    4 Oz 96/4 Hamburger Patty
    Cals = 186 f/c/p = 4.5/0/24

Non-Lift Days are pretty much the same meals but smaller portions with a few things pulled out. I've listed my total macros for both days above.

Let me know what you guys think. Any suggestions?

I like the food choices fine, I'm not in agreement about your non-lifting days the cals being dropped so low, especially since you are doing cardio those days and you are on a bulk.

Decent... not a big fan of all the skim milk, but if it works for u, so be it.

I think dropping calories on non-workout days is fine, however I'd keep the protein high - no need to change it at all imo, it's the only macro I don't manipulate. I'd reduce carbs further to keep calories lower, OR bump protein just a bit but have less of a caloric deficit - i.e. leave the carbs in the 190g range.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I love milk, but sadly have a tough time digesting it if I have too much. Otherwise I could easily drink a gallon/day. Milk is fine as long as you're able to tolerate the lactose.
    Decent... not a big fan of all the skim milk, but if it works for u, so be it.
    I think dropping calories on non-workout days is fine, however I'd keep the protein high - no need to change it at all imo, it's the only macro I don't manipulate. I'd reduce carbs further to keep calories lower, OR bump protein just a bit but have less of a caloric deficit - i.e. leave the carbs in the 190g range.
    So milk is good or Bad??? I'm so confused now. On my lift days the max milk I take in is 2 1/4 cups. Total macros for that would break down to 180cals, 0 fat , 27g carbs(sugar), and 20.25g Protein. It doesn't seem that bad over the course of a day. But PLEASE tell me if I'm wrong. I desperately wanta make sure I'm getting this right. I don't want my all my hardwork to be in vain.

Patrickthecool is offline Junior Member
    Awesome man! i will try to keep up

So milk is good or Bad??? I'm so confused now. On my lift days the max milk I take in is 2 1/4 cups. Total macros for that would break down to 180cals, 0 fat , 27g carbs(sugar), and 20.25g Protein. It doesn't seem that bad over the course of a day. But PLEASE tell me if I'm wrong. I desperately wanta make sure I'm getting this right. I don't want my all my hardwork to be in vain.
    lol, sorry for the confusion!

I'm saying I personally love milk - the taste, texture, etc. However I'm not a fan during cutting diets. One of my goals during cutting is to keep sugar as low as possible... <20g if I can... so milk would be completely counter-productive.

You pickin' up what I'm puttin' down?

lol, sorry for the confusion!

I'm saying I personally love milk - the taste, texture, etc. However I'm not a fan during cutting diets. One of my goals during cutting is to keep sugar as low as possible... <20g if I can... so milk would be completely counter-productive.

You pickin' up what I'm puttin' down?
    Why are you trying to get me to bend over????? LOL- But yes I get what you're saying. So for lean bulk purposes I should be okay? Right now I'm eating so much I'm actually feeling a little tired...I just ate and I wanta take a nap. The milk I'm taking is used with the oats like a cereal, so it helps me get it down and adds on some liquid calories that don't seem to feel me up as much. It seem my stomach is getting a little bigger week by week (not in fat way, but like expanding). Hopefully next week I can fill those milk calories with something a bit more productive. Can I get a G2G stamp of approval?????

GB was on a cut for so long it makes him always respond from a cutting cycle viewpoint. Forgive him, you are G2G from my vantage point. Just remind GB you are on a bulk!

Just finished my workout...4 Down 20 to go.

The 2 day break made this feel like it was the first day I had ever done this workout routine...EXHAUSTING!!!! It was great though...by the end of it my biceps looked like they were gonna pop out of my skin. HUGE PUMPS tonight all round.

Instead of doing 60min LIC on the treadmill tomorrow....BrownGirl and I are gonna wake our butts up early and go on a 2 hour hike instead. Should be fun.

Tbody-One problem I'm having is with pull ups. I kind of have girly lats and when I do the pull ups I only feel it in my biceps...they definetly overpower my lats. I've tried to focus on making my lats do all the work, but it just isn't working for me. Is there anything else I can do as a substitute? Also, the skull crushers don't seem to really be pushing my triceps as hard as i would like...is there a substitute for that as well. Everything else hits the muscles really hard and I like all of them, but I feel my lats and triceps are taking a back seat to everything else.

Thanks for the help

Re: pullups - make sure you are coming down to a complete hang/stretch at the bottom of each rep. That'll force your lats to work. I see so many guys who go down only 3/4 or even halfway, keeping a lot of the tension focused on their biceps. Consequently, they usually wind up with decent bi's... and underdeveloped lats.

As a sub, how about a simple lat pulldown with perfect form?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Just finished my workout...4 Down 20 to go.

The 2 day break made this feel like it was the first day I had ever done this workout routine...EXHAUSTING!!!! It was great though...by the end of it my biceps looked like they were gonna pop out of my skin. HUGE PUMPS tonight all round.

Instead of doing 60min LIC on the treadmill tomorrow....BrownGirl and I are gonna wake our butts up early and go on a 2 hour hike instead. Should be fun.

Tbody-One problem I'm having is with pull ups. I kind of have girly lats and when I do the pull ups I only feel it in my biceps...they definetly overpower my lats. I've tried to focus on making my lats do all the work, but it just isn't working for me. Is there anything else I can do as a substitute? Also, the skull crushers don't seem to really be pushing my triceps as hard as i would like...is there a substitute for that as well. Everything else hits the muscles really hard and I like all of them, but I feel my lats and triceps are taking a back seat to everything else.

Thanks for the help
    Begin your back workout with pullovers.... using a machine or cables with a rope attachment.

Pre-exhausting your lats and then doing close underhand grip pull ups is gr8

Slf,

I'd go with GB on this one, look at the vids on my thread for the pull-down form and use that. I don't completely disagree with Base's recommended approach, however two reasons I don't agree for this for you right now: 1 - You are on a total body routine with supersets adding the pull-over as a pre-fatigue movement would require too much additional time and we would have to find another chest exercise to super-set it with. 2 - The pullover is a stretch involving the entire barrel of the upper body and I personally am not convinced of it's return on investment, also easy to overdo it with too much weight or not perfect form, especially if you aren't used to the motion.

so replace your pull-ups with pull-downs and do them how I show in my video and see how that goes.

Thanks Tbody...I'll give that a shot.

Also...Last night with SLDL I made sure to go down as low as I can and TODAY I definetely feel it in the hams. So just that little tweak made all the difference...thanks!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread Information