Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gym_ is offline Banned

This Plato' is driving me crazy

So as thous who know me are aware that i have dropped heaps of weight in the last few months.
    But i am stuck on 151-153kg ... and have been since late Nov early De***ber ..
    This is killing me.. i have not only been sticking to 0carb but also cut down on calories too ..
    Cut the size of my meals in half, replaced meals with protein powder ..
    Changing up my cardio from power hill walking = 1hr to cycling 20k = 1hr on alternative days ..
    As well as weights 5 nights a week ... THIS IS PISSING ME OFF !!!!
    LIKE WTF DOSE A MAN HAVE TO DO ?? Get out there and do cardio 12hrs a day and till i drop dead...
    GRRRRR I'm so blood pissy ATM, just hating my body.

Ive lost all this weight doing exscaly what im doing now ( well heaps less ) and now it just stops WTFF !!

One Pissed off Gym_
    Last edited by Gym_; 01-13-2012 at 06:13 AM.

joebailey1271 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    how many calories are you taking in now? Maybe you are actually taking in to little for too long so that your body thinks its starving and its in survival mode, so no matter what you do, your body will not loose weight. Do you boost your metabolism at least once a week, some people that do cuts, will eat 1000 calories above their current calorie count 1 to 2 times a week for a metab boost.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Are you on permanent Full keto? Or CKD?

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Are you on permanent Full keto? Or CKD?
    I was doing 7 days on 2 days off and having complex carbs.. but I'm on permanent now because this Plato is really pissing me off badly

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    You need to re think the way you have been doing things. The way you lost your first 30 odd kilos is like a form of crash diet that is not a long term healthy lifestyle or long term weight loss. Like I was trying to explain in this thread- http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...=#.TxARSG9OCAg It will take a little time for your body to adjust but I think your diet needs a new take. How many cals are you consuming now. Type up your typical days diet-if you're willing to change of coarse, otherwise tell me you know your diet is good cause you already lost 30kgs and you know what your doing. Having too little cals for so long can alter your thyroid function. Even though you're doing cardio and weights , you may have slowed your metabolism down.

Or maybe you are putting on muscle? Hard to imagine if you're calorie deficient.

Please delete the comment on amphetamines I pretty sure it's against the rules. Not a healthy approach.

Gym_ is offline Banned
    I had a thought on the way home from the gym tonight maybe I'm not taking in enough fat ... i used to have fry-ed bacon and eggs for break but since i got real keen on killing this last 50kg i replaced it and several other meals with isolate

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by Gym_ View Post
    I had a thought on the way home from the gym tonight maybe I'm not taking in enough fat ... i used to have fry-ed bacon and eggs for break but since i got real keen on killing this last 50kg i replaced it and several other meals with isolate
    Probably not. Can you work out your macro's based on what you have been eating?

Full keto isn't ideal for those who lift, your carb load was well advised and, in all honesty, I'd go back to it even if it's 1 day out of 7.

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Can you work out your macro's based on what you have been eating?.
    Ok now i feel stuped... what is a macro ?

LBM ? is that Lean body mass ?
    Yes, body weight minus the fat. Weigh yourself and get bodyfat tested. If your serious get it done hydostatic, because any other way over 25% is just not accurate

Ok now i feel stuped... what is a macro ?
    Protein, fat or carb

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Cal's not prob not much... i don't really count them but i can tell you what i have been having ..
    Protein isolate for break and morning tea
    Some cheese and salad or a 1/4 of a chook for lunch
    Protein isolate for afternoon tea
    steak and eggs for dinner
    Protein isolate for desert..
    Last edited by Gym_; 01-13-2012 at 06:16 AM.

You really need to work out your LBM, then you can work out how much protein and cals you need. Once you have that then you can work out how much fats you need. Get your fats from fish oil, avocado and nuts. You're going in blind without knowing what you are actually eating and what your needs are. You did well with your loss so far because, lets face it, at 180kgs(400lbs) with more than 50% bf all you'll need to do is a moderate exercise and decent diet for the kgs to come off.

Gym_ is offline Banned
    LBM ? is that Lean body mass ?

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Mate I'm in dead shit backward ass town there is no were for 200km that would do a hydrostatic body fat test.. that im awear of ...i had to drive a 5hr round trip just to get a allergy test done .. my gym doesn't even do regular bf testing with calapers... i prob doubt my quack would even know how to do it ether.. let alone anything ells .. ...
    Mate this place is in the dark ages ..

So how would i work out what my protein fat and carb intake is ? .. weigh the crap out of everything ?

Mate I'm in dead shit backward ass town there is no were for 200km that would do a hydrostatic body fat test.. that im awear of ...i had to drive a 5hr round trip just to get a allergy test done .. my gym doesn't even do regular bf testing with calapers... i prob doubt my quack would even know how to do it ether.. let alone anything ells .. ...
    Mate this place is in the dark ages ..

So how would i work out what my protein fat and carb intake is ? .. weigh the crap out of everything ?
    You can reverse engineer it. Based on LBM, once you know how much energy you need to be roughly 500cals below maintenance you can start with your protein. Read this it cover pretty much everything you need to know http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...g#.TxAvnW9OCAg

Also if you have not watched these vids, do it. I watch them about once a year. Great info- http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t#.TxAwJm9OCAg

What you have done so far is good to where you are, but I really think you need to change it.

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Okies.. checking out that stuff now... ill get back to ya ..

Cheers Mate

No worries, it might take you a while to get your head around it but once you do you'll know what your body is doing. Don't be suprised if the scales go up for a month or so starting out a new approach, it will be better in the longer term. It will most likely be increase in cell size with increase in carbs. Introduce them slowly, it's say 20g a day untill you hit 40% of daily macros

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Ok now ya got me shitting my self.. as soon as i have carbs i pile on the weight.. and if i jumped up 10kg i would jump in front of a truck ive been killing my self getting this weight off .. i don't even want to put on 1kg every time i do a frigging freak out ..

Ok now ya got me shitting my self.. as soon as i have carbs i pile on the weight.. and if i jumped up 10kg i would jump in front of a truck ive been killing my self getting this weight off .. i don't even want to put on 1kg every time i do a frigging freak out ..
    Not going to happen. Anyway fvck the scales, the weight won't be all fat, it will be muscle tissue cells increasing in size and water.

joshh is offline Associate Member
    mate you need much much more fat for keto to work effectively. i'm talking twice as much fat as protein per day. i'm 165lbs and eat 165g fat and 125g protein per day on a 2000cal diet. this equates to 75% of my daily calories coming from fat. what you are on at the moment is starvation mode which is why you lost all that intitial weight but doing so have crashed your metabolism which is why you have hit a plateau.
    i did keto for 2 months on 120g fat and 300g protein and i just maintained weight. i think it was due to the excess protein and a lot of it being converted to glucose, this is what happens upon excess protein consumption, it's called gluconeogenesis. since i switched it around, it has worked so much better and the fat is melting right off without the loss of muscle

Gym_ is offline Banned
    What kind of fat do you take ? and or recommend ?

What kind of fat do you take ? and or recommend ?
    See post 9.

Check this out too- http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t#.TxA6jG9OCAg this was all in that link I sent you

saying this, for your weight i wouldn't even recommend doing a keto at this stage. it's only really best for people who are really looking to cut up and not loose vast amounts of fat. just get a nutritious and healthy diet in check with help from the guys here, don't excessively starve yourself of carbs or calories at the moment as you want to keep your metabolism in check and stick to your lifting and cardio. knowing what the foods you consume actually do to your body is the best thing for you as diet is key

well the healthiest fats to consume are monounsaturated fats found in nuts, avocado, olive oils etc. It's way too hard for me to consume the amount of fat i need for keto to work effectively so I'm doing a dirty keto which is just as effective but not as healthy for you. for me it's only a short term diet and it consists of bacon, eggs, sausage and various types of cheese.

Thread Information