Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone done juice cleansing?

Just watched Fat Sick and Nearly Dead video. I thought cleaning might do me some good. Has anyone done a 10 day juice cleanse before? I have one of those 2hp commercial blender that can grind up a broom stick. I was thinking of blending my veggies and fruits instead of juicing. Any thoughts? Did you stay on gear while juicing? How hard did you train? How did you feel after? Thanks

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Well look who's here!

Looking forward to hearing the responses so.....

BUMP!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

V-ROID is offline Member
    I have a Blendtec blender and an Omega juicer. I have done my share of juicing and green smoothies. I sometimes juice only on the weekends (been a few months). I could easily go longer, a week or two, probably a month, but ONLY living a pretty much sedentary lifestyle. Exercising and juice fasting just doesn't do it for me. Might work better for someone with a higher BF. I started an IF program 3 or 4 months back and haven't done any juice fasting since. Still plenty of green/protein smoothies in my diet though. Fat and Sick is a pretty motivating documentary I have to say...

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    great doc! was very interresting...
    another member had started a thread about the same thing recently...check it out
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...All-juice-diet

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    I did a three day cleanse followed with a month of one fruit and one veggie smoothie a day. We have a vita-mixer so went with a smootie instead of a juice, but found that our walmart "ninja" brand blender did almost as well when we didn't want to use the vita-mixer.

V-ROID is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    I did a three day cleanse followed with a month of one fruit and one veggie smoothie a day. We have a vita-mixer so went with a smootie instead of a juice, but found that our walmart "ninja" brand blender did almost as well when we didn't want to use the vita-mixer.
    Can't praise the Ninja enough! I went through several blenders in a year. Then I got a Ninja and it lasted 2 years before the belt started slipping. Then I chose the Blendtec over the Vitamax mostly based on size. Either one does great for green smoothies, much better than the Ninja. But the Ninja beats them both hands down in blending frozen fruit. No contest. I used to peel and freeze a week or 2 worth of bananas and use instead of ice for morning smoothies. Ninja chews them up like nothing but makes a much thicker shake. Blendtec will not pulverize a frozen banana no matter how long you leave it. Ninja green smoothie kale and such tastes like ass and is hard to choke down the texture. Blendtec or Vitamix you won't even know kale was an ingredient when it is done. Veggies much better for you than fruit so Blendtec was clear choice for me. But I would like to get a new belt on the Ninja for the times when you just need a thick, sugary, frozen fruit smoothie. No hijack intended just some info in case anyone reading is deciding.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Before every cut or bulk i do a 2 day grape juice and fiber only cleanse.

Thread Information