acmoore is offline New Member

man, what's a dude to do?

I'm not a big meat eater. I don't want to cycle my carbs. calories in < energy expended. like balancing a check book. I want to enjoy eating and I don't want to view it just as a bodily function (like pooping). Will probably always have too much fat around my abdomen for some people, but I bet the majority of average people will think I'm way above average as far as my body goes. I wish maintaining proper nutrition wasn't a full time job. Yeah, I can't eat doughnuts or fast food and expect to maintain a tight body, but I don't want to spend years worth of accumulated time scrutinizing over my diet. I do enjoy fish oil capsules.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Are you trying to cut? whats your question?

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Its a lifestyle many cant live by. It depends on what motivates you more. Junk food or being healthy. For me, my goals are more motivating than the taste of crappy food. Sure its great but being in shape and feeling great is much better. Focusing on diet and training becomes second nature over time. The macros become something you just know and you get used to the foods. I enjoy eating the foods i do but most people cant stand it

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    Its a lifestyle many cant live by. It depends on what motivates you more. Junk food or being healthy. For me, my goals are more motivating than the taste of crappy food. Sure its great but being in shape and feeling great is much better. Focusing on diet and training becomes second nature over time. The macros become something you just know and you get used to the foods. I enjoy eating the foods i do but most people cant stand it
    ^^x2 i have been on both sides and i can say for myself im much happier in shape.. not to mention my body and taste in food has changed.. dont get me wrong i like doughnuts and bacon cheeseburgers and pizza but i appreciate it alot more having it less frequently and i dont have to walk around fat! when i put on my clothes they fit and look good and when i take them off the same applies

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    It is tough to follow a strict diet. We all do it to varying degrees of success.

You can definitely start losing weight by just keeping track of your calories. If you want to build muscle, you will need to make sure you eat enough protein. Sometimes you make a change in your diet and see results, which results in more tightening. It really comes down to whether the body image/health benefits outweigh the yummy food benefits.

Believe me, I understand loving tasty food.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Still trying to figure out if there's a question.

Based on what you've said, you need to decide what's really important to you, and what you want to get out of this lifestyle. Those who half-ass it (no offense, most people do) aren't going to achieve the body of their dreams. If being 'ok' and/or 'better than the average joe' is good enough for you, then I say to hell with it and enjoy your life. However if you want to look your absolute best and that's important to you, you are going to need to make the commitment, and alot of sacrifices.

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Although I'm the only one to cmment here that doesn't have a brightly coloured name (this makes me sad) I have to agree with what everyone said, although I fail to see a question too. Like 405 said, I have seen it from both sides and I'm currently seeing it from the fat side.... I hate eating the same stuff over and over again and planning my day around my food and having to pre cook 28 different meal and freeze them. I hate TUNA more than anything but I've choked it down when I need to, because I am sooo sick of chicken or turkey at that moment .

It just comes down to what noles and GB say... you just have to make the decision of what life you want to live and how you want to feel.... I love Pizza and doritos and donairs and burgers but I love being in good shape more and feeling good and not getting tired when I move some furniture around my house.

You have to remember this is a lifestyle.... this is not just a "diet" as most people think of it.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    Although I'm the only one to cmment here that doesn't have a brightly coloured name (this makes me sad)

You gonna stick around? I'll have that taken care of for you!

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post

You gonna stick around? I'll have that taken care of for you!
    I'm here to stay... again

I think I'm gonna ask Admin to change me to "AR's Common Sense Ninja" instead of my current caption

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    I'm a huge foodie! Tasty food and LOTS of it. But, I want fitness and being lean more. Once you do it for a while, you really do get used to it, and the cravings for a bacon bleu cheese burger subside. And the days I do have a slice of pizza or some sushi, it tastes SO much better!!
    Another thing I've found is to make or find recipes for stuff made with foods in your diet. The recipes section here is great, I've got ice cream, SlimmerMe's pancakes, meatloaf, etc.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    legunes thats' the ticket for you.. if you just want tight and firm, and don't want to eat enough protein to build new muscle, that's cool, follow endurance training techniques, not body building routines, and eat what you wish..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Thread Information