e321x is offline Junior Member

Weight gain and water retention questions

Hey guys maybe you can help me understand whats going on and help me control it or is this normal?
    So I eat real clean 5 meals a day low fat high protien good carbs very low salts.
    I train boxing 3 4 times a week weights 3 times a week.
    I usually have one cheat meal a week but if I eat a couple of bad meals in a weekend I gain a lot of ater weight. I have put on 10-15 lbs in water in a day or 2. Is that normal?
    Im not eting like out of control of even drinking alcohol in access.
    Is it high estrogen?
    Im not on ant gear I was waiting to start an hgh regimen but wanted to find out more about the water weight issue.

If you need more info on my diet or anything to help me get some answers just ask

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    10-15lbs isn't all water, it's also your food, bodily fluids, etc. Plenty of people fluctuate quite a bit throughout the day. As long as you're maintaining (or whatever your goal may be) over a longer period of time, I wouldn't worry about this at all.

tall76 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Water follows carbs- especially simple carbs it seems. Not on gear at all and after a competition on a Saturday I will weigh 15 lbs heavier on monday (after a huge binge). Try to keep ur cheat meals to just that- 1 meal. And remember the more water you drink the more water ur body gets rid of- I always look my driest after a few weeks of low carb and high water

e321x is offline Junior Member
    I definitely drink a lot of water and it takes about a week to drop the weight. I do for the most part maintain but I never had this happen in my younger age just recently and was just concerned
    Thanks for easing my mind

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tall76 View Post
    Water follows carbs- especially simple carbs it seems. Not on gear at all and after a competition on a Saturday I will weigh 15 lbs heavier on monday (after a huge binge). Try to keep ur cheat meals to just that- 1 meal. And remember the more water you drink the more water ur body gets rid of- I always look my driest after a few weeks of low carb and high water
    An interesting phenomena i was actually feeln pretty jiggly and bloated and drank a gallon and half of water to try to get rid of it it seemd to help.. I should prob drink that much everyday and cut out the diet soda huh? Espec cuz i prob have 1/2 cup soy sauce per day which i also plan on cutting out.. Just shows how addictive my personality is.. I find someth i can exploit and exploit the heck out of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    An interesting phenomena i was actually feeln pretty jiggly and bloated and drank a gallon and half of water to try to get rid of it it seemd to help.. I should prob drink that much everyday and cut out the diet soda huh? Espec cuz i prob have 1/2 cup soy sauce per day which i also plan on cutting out.. Just shows how addictive my personality is.. I find someth i can exploit and exploit the heck out of it!!
    Completely counter-intuitive, as some things are in this game... e.g. DOMS being a poor indicator of a quality workout - most of us (including even the guys who have 'arrived' in this game) know it, and preach it - but still can't really truly wrap our own heads around that concept.

You don't have to cut the diet soda IMO - I have about 1 can/day. Just make sure you DO drink the water, soda or not. Soy is super high in sodium but again, until you're really lean (sub 10%) and/or plan to step on stage, I really wouldn't be overly concerned with water retention.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    DOMS??? Diet soda i have 3-6 per day

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    DOMS??? Diet soda i have 3-6 per day
    Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness ... i.e. being sore a day or so after a workout.

Re: the soda - ok, 3-6 is a bit excessive for my comfort. I haven't researched the effects (or lack thereof) of diet soda on training, dieting, etc. but I still would err on the side of caution here - 1-2 per day max. Think of all that liquid intake which could be USEFUL (H20)!

Thread Information