MickeyKnox is offline Banned

How to determine your TDEE quick and easily...HERE -->

How to determine your TDEE quick and easily..

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculato...alculator.html

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I wouldnt use those calculators... They are completely useless...

How about;

LBM x 15 = Approximate Maintenance Calories
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

you forgot to include the formula for LBM?

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    you forgot to include the formula for LBM?
    Weight x LBM% (1 being 100%, 0.8 being 80%) = LBM

200 lbs @ 10% BF.... 200 x 0.9 = 180 lbs LBM

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

i know how to determine LBM i was just being a wiseguy bro. but it never hurts to have it here for others to make a note of. cheers

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    with the website mickeyknow posted has me at 2844 cals

formula that base laid out, 2141 cals.

that is a huge difference in my opinion.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post

How about;

is it LBM or total bodyweight (and i know how it goes using fat to calculate tdee but in ud 2.0 he phrases it

Second, you're going to need to know your current mixed diet maintenance calorie level
    since you'll be using that to set your calories during most phases of the diet. If you don't know
    what that value is, shame on you. But you can use a rough estimate. The average person will
    have a maintenance caloric requirement somewhere between 14 and 16 calories per pound of
    current bodyweight or so. If you feel that you have a slow metabolism, pick the lower value. If
    you feel that you have a high metabolism, pick the higher value. If you think you're in the middle,
    use the middle value.

what does that mean to you? im trying to be sure cuz im currently running maintenance this week at 2800cals and i weigh 185.. 185 x 15 = 2775

using the formula to determine TDEE....

66 + (13.7x weight 86.2kgs) = 1308.59

+ (5 x height 185.4cm) = 927

- (6.8 x age 47) - 319.6

= 1915

TDEE = 1915 x 1.55 (moderate exercise or sports three to five times per week) = 2969.78

and using the calculator from the link i provided gives me 2994. i though it was fairly accurate.

jypoll is offline Member
    i would say the best way to figure it out is eat some food and see what happens.

Can you accuratley guess you BF% within .5-1%? highly unlikley. can you turn your activity level into a coefficient between 1.2 and 1.8 accurate to within 0.01, to multiply your BMR? I would say no one can. Can you do an assay of genetic makeup to calculate how high your metabolism? with current technology it is impossible. And the foods you eat, and your caloric intake. are also going to change your metabolism.

the only way to know is to adjust your calories until you stay the same weight for a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    with the website mickeyknow posted has me at 2844 cals

formula that base laid out, 2141 cals.

that is a huge difference in my opinion.
    The TDEE formula is exactly that.... The formula i posted was for daily maintenance calories (exercise not included)

IMO this is a great place to start a diet as exercise on top of that will push you into a deficit

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    is it LBM or total bodyweight (and i know how it goes using fat to calculate tdee but in ud 2.0 he phrases it

Second, you're going to need to know your current mixed diet maintenance calorie level
    since you'll be using that to set your calories during most phases of the diet. If you don't know
    what that value is, shame on you. But you can use a rough estimate. The average person will
    have a maintenance caloric requirement somewhere between 14 and 16 calories per pound of
    current bodyweight or so. If you feel that you have a slow metabolism, pick the lower value. If
    you feel that you have a high metabolism, pick the higher value. If you think you're in the middle,
    use the middle value.

what does that mean to you? im trying to be sure cuz im currently running maintenance this week at 2800cals and i weigh 185.. 185 x 15 = 2775
    Well the formula should be using LBM I believe.... However in the book as you quoted he is using total body weight...

Im not sure if that is a typo (there are some typos in the book)...

if someone was 200 lbs and 5% BF there metabolic rate would be much higher that someone 200 lbs and 25% BF so I cant see how you could possibly use total body weight in ANY formula...

Its worth remembering that these are just rough estimates anyway

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    no the best way is to do LBM X 15 is maintence. It will get you ballpark figure. It is not made to be exact. You have to do trial and error to see where you fit in.

^^ could it be the book was designed for guys @ 10-12%bf therefore thats the audience hes assuming he has and so thats why the formula uses total weight?

i have 166.5lbs LBM which would put me @ 2500 cals if LBM

using total weight im at 2755cals

^^ could it be the book was designed for guys @ 10-12%bf therefore thats the audience hes assuming he has and so thats why the formula uses total weight?

i have 166.5lbs LBM which would put me @ 2500 cals if LBM

using total weight im at 2755cals
    Exactly!

Maybe your right

250 cals is not a massive difference TBH

i tell u one thing.. eating 2800cals per day is actually hard for me to do.. not cuz its so much food.. i could eat 5000 easily.. but cuz ive been cutting for 6 months and now im running maintenance for 10days! mentally its difficult to allow myself to do it cuz im not dun cutting yet.. i keep checking myself in the mirror to see if ive gotten any fatter! LOL

i tell u one thing.. eating 2800cals per day is actually hard for me to do.. not cuz its so much food.. i could eat 5000 easily.. but cuz ive been cutting for 6 months and now im running maintenance for 10days! mentally its difficult to allow myself to do it cuz im not dun cutting yet.. i keep checking myself in the mirror to see if ive gotten any fatter! LOL
    I wouldnt worry 2 much, I think ur gonna smash this UD2....

Guys use LBM. You don't count the fat. You are feeding your muscles not the fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Brohim View Post
    Guys use LBM. You don't count the fat. You are feeding your muscles not the fat.
    We know that

We are talking about something quoted in a book.

I wouldnt worry 2 much, I think ur gonna smash this UD2....
    dude im ready to get started! i cant wait til tuesday.. im even adjusting my work schedule so i can do the HIT workout and the POWER workout at the gym by my house with unlimited time the other 2 i have to fit into my lunch which realistically gives me about 50mins.. ive dun 2 runthroughs and i can make it but its tight... not a lot of rest tween sets.. almost 50mins of strait back to back sets ...

I could eat 5,000 fast food cal's easily. lol not sure about chicken and rice though!

dude im ready to get started! i cant wait til tuesday.. im even adjusting my work schedule so i can do the HIT workout and the POWER workout at the gym by my house with unlimited time the other 2 i have to fit into my lunch which realistically gives me about 50mins.. ive dun 2 runthroughs and i can make it but its tight... not a lot of rest tween sets.. almost 50mins of strait back to back sets ...
    405 I got to hand it to ya brother you are doing a great job man youve come along way!

^^ i like how u suggested pwo cardio 2 days but i wont be able to do that i will, however, get 4days of cardio in with at least 2 hiit/moderate sfp1.0 sessions and the other 2 will also be fasted ..

I could eat 5,000 fast food cal's easily. lol not sure about chicken and rice though!
    shoot man im eating 2800rite now and still look forward to every meal and usually still go to bed not completely satisfied.. i could double my servings with no prob!

405 I got to hand it to ya brother you are doing a great job man youve come along way!
    thx brohim i used to be addicted to destructive behavior.. ive just channeled that energy into this

jypoll is offline Member
    i just finished a cut and as i added the carbs back in 120g-380g in 6 weeks, i continued to burn fat at the same pace, because the extra carbs increased my metabolism.. i think i starved myself for too long

havehotasianwife is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

How about;

@baseline.

whats your opinion on the spreadsheet I created by using info from the nutrition resource section here?? check it out and let me know what you think

cutting/maintaining/bulking spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by jypoll View Post
    i just finished a cut and as i added the carbs back in 120g-380g in 6 weeks, i continued to burn fat at the same pace, because the extra carbs increased my metabolism.. i think i starved myself for too long
    Interesting jyp.. It seems in the mirror im getting leaner and more muscular..esp in the last week since ive been eating maintenance( which i dont honestly know wat my maint is cuz ive never eaten at or around anything but 2200cals).. Its weird.. I like it still i keep (everytime i walk in front of the mirror and take off my shirt) expecting to see that fat guy i used to be

Thread Information