Thread: Hypothyroidism

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member

Hypothyroidism

Does anyone have any info regarding hypothyroidism and how it can affect the BMR?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Depends on ur bloodwork.. Obviously u have a propensity to gain weight.. How much or to what degree depends on bloodwork.. TSH, free t3, free t4.. Ud do better in hormone repla***ent therapy forum.. Have u had BW done? U onthyroid meds?

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    yea i get checked annually. i was born inactive and have maintained the same medication since shortly after birth. i dont know the BW figures but i take elthroxine 0.05mg. im very lean and only since i been force feeding have i finally broke away from the 125er i was until age 23, and now at 25 im a decent 160lbs. do you think test would interact with the t3's and t4's and tsh?

jypoll is offline Member
    the best way to be sure of your BMR is through experimentation, and your hypothyroidism will have no effect on it

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    as long as your hypothyroidism is correctly treated (TSH level is normal), then your BMR should be the same as a normal person. if your condition is undertreated (high TSH) or over treated (low TSH), then your BMR will be abnormally low or high respectively. like 405 said, the only way to tell is from bloodworks.

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJoe View Post
    yea i get checked annually. i was born inactive and have maintained the same medication since shortly after birth. i dont know the BW figures but i take elthroxine 0.05mg. im very lean and only since i been force feeding have i finally broke away from the 125er i was until age 23, and now at 25 im a decent 160lbs. do you think test would interact with the t3's and t4's and tsh?
    post your tsh from your last annual along with free t3 and t4. Otherwise we are just guessing. It sounds like you have good amount of t3 if it's hard for you to gain weight.

Thread Information