kirbydunker is offline New Member

Critique My Diet and Activites

This is a sample of an eating regiment I'm currently following. I'm not measuring anything out, but more or less, looking to others to tell me flaws in it.

My goals right now are to gain lean muscle mass, while keeping my fat down. I'm at an estimated 15% body fat, where I hold most of it in my ass and stomach, as i have veiny arms (except I have carry a bit of fat on my upper arms). Now that I think about it, I may have a higher body fat percentage, but I cannot measure it).

Stats

5'8", 32 inch waist, 163 lbs.

I'm eating 6 meals a day, and trying to stay around 350-400 calories per meal.

Meal 1: 3 eggs, toast, 1 serving of natty p-butter.

est cals: 400

Meal 2: Real Roast beef sandwhich (1 serving mayo, 4-6 ounces of roast beef (not cold cut), 1 piece wheat bread, 2 slices of tomato, onion):

est cals.: 390

Meal 3: 1/12 servings of mixed nuts ( I don't eat the peanuts)

est cals: 250

Meal 4: Tuna, 1 serving mayo, tabasco sauce, lettuce, radicchio, onions, etc. mixed

est cals: 300

Meal 5: 6 in. Subway Black Forest Ham, healthy dose of mayo, jalepenos, tomato

est cals: 350

Meal 6: Same as above.

Water: I drink 1 - 1-and-a-half gallons per day. I hydrate constantly.

Est Cals in: 2040.

Activities:

40 min walk on an empty stomach (except for a bottle of water).

2 hours of light, to moderate basketball, in 104 degree heat. I don't know how much that burns, but I'm pretty sure now I'm at a caloric deficit. I've been playing a lot of basketball in this midwestern heat. The average has been like 95 degrees, and in the last week I've played this much basketball in this heat, about 4 days of the week. The lightest I've been in this month's span, has been 158 lbs. That is the lightest I've been, since my freshman year of highschool.

To be quite honest, I'm doing all of this cardio, and I feel like shit. I don't feel muscular, and I feel fat at the same time. I'm doing this 3 day split...

Mon: Back/Core

Weds: Legs

Fri: Chest/Shoulders/Tri's

I'm following an HIT regiment, with 2 warm-ups and 1 set to failure.

I'm pretty sure that my metabolism is sucking, I dunno I feel like a fat p.o.s., even though I'm very active. I have high stress in my life due to me being depressed about it (I'm working on it), but it does effect my appetite, as I'm never really ravenously hungry, even after a hard b-ball session.

I just need some advice on what I should do about my fat ass?

aportinastorm is offline Junior Member
    Your meal plan: looks like your not getting enough protein or good carbs(which could be the reason your tired) and way to much bad fat( lots of mayo, try horshradish if you need a condiment). give the macro breakdown and we can tell exactly where your at.

Workout: please show a breakdown of what your workouts consist of

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    kirby welcome to the forum man.

1. count cals and macros... period

2. what aport says is correct. ur carbs suck and u have too much bad fat in ur diet.

3. subway is crap. u mite as well be eating macdonalds...

4. i know the helpless feeling u have (i had it too). i was about to give up when i came to this forum. we can fix ur problem as long as u do what we tell u to do. u can get to 10-12% bf with some work and stay there man.

5. ur diet needs complete re-doing

6. read stickies at top of main page:
    a) dieting 101:cutting
    b) TDEE

7. VERY IMPORTANT: get ur bf% chekd!

will be waiting to hear back from u

I'm confused as to why mayonnaise is considered, "bad fat"? I'm being very strict with the serving size, and it's mostly what most would consider 'good fat'. It only has 1.5 grams of saturated fat per serving, and 10 grams of poly-unsaturated fats, which I thought were good for you. Helmen's mayonnaise is also very natural, as it only has 1 unnatural preservative (the other being salt). As for protein, I'm out of work right now, but I'd still like to build some muscle. It sounds like an oxymoron, but my living situation allows me to eat, I just cannot control what food I'm getting, but I'd consider it high quality food.

As for the counting of calories; I did that. My caloric intake is low, I don't think cutting even more fat out of my diet is really going to help my metabolism.

I know 90 percent of Subway is crap, but the nutritional facts are the facts. The fact is, I didn't add cheese, or other sugary condiments to my sandwich, and the fat content probably came out to 10 grams per 6 inch sub. I stacked it full of vegetables. That option seems like the best one for someone who isn't home all of the time to cook their meals, if you can give me a better option, I'd love to hear it.

Work-Out

Cadance: 3 second positive, 1 second static, 3 second negative

Time between sets 30-1 min depending on how out of breath I am.

Compound movements: 2 warm-up sets, and 1 set to momentary muscular failure with a spotter (hopefully).

Isolated movements: 1 warm-up, 1 working to failure.

Mon: Chest/Shoulders/Tri's

Bench Press

Cable Fly

Dumbbell Military Press

Skull Crushers

Isolated Cable push-downs

Tues: OFF

Weds: Legs

Squats

Single Leg Extensions

Stiff-Legged Dead-lifts

Seated Calf-Raises

Thurs: OFF

Friday: Back

Barbell Row

Dumbbell Row

Seated Cable Row

Preacher Curls

Partial Dead-Lifts

Ab roller

Sat/Sun: OFF

I'll be doing my leg work out today, and I'll track my meals again, I'll let you know more details on it later. I'm just trying to figure

all this stuff out, I've been doing it for 9+ years, and there is a lot of contradicting information out there. I'm looking for the diet/workout

that works the best, and I question everything. Sorry, but that's just the way I am, so please don't take offense if I question what you're

telling me, as I'd expect the same.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	relaxed_1.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	124666Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Side_1.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	241.1 KB 
ID:	124667Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side_2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	246.7 KB 
ID:	124668

Where my body's at right now.

First is a relaxed pose. 2nd I'm flexing lol, 3rd is my bad angle, due to my deformed muscles on the right side from my SLAP tear lol.

Edit: Also, those pics I just took now (8:46 a.m.). The camera's date is wrong.

1. IMO there are better fat sources than mayo. nuts, avocado, fish oil, natty pb, flax oil.. etc..

2. i didnt suggest u cut any fat out of ur diet. without macronutrient breakdown it is worthless to try and estimate exactly how much fat ur getting

3. subway isnt crap per se for the fat content only but moreso for the bread and the processed cold cut meat.

4. one last thing: u come on here and ask for advice and present a diet that needs a lot of work and then try to defend ur diet as well as question the authenticity of my suggestions isnt gonna get u very far with me.. maybe someone with more patience will help u out but im not that guy...

I'm not defending anything, sir. I'm trying to make valid points to try and come to a logical conclusion.

1. Okay, so why is mayo so bad? Soybean oil doesn't have the omega's that other oils have, and soybeans are speculated to boost estrogen levels in men, but macro wise, why is it so bad?

2. I didn't say anything about cutting fat in my diet. Macro breakdown can be done by looking at the diet I listed. I even typed out the serving sizes.

3. Okay. I'd rather have a meal than not eat at all, and it seems like the most logical choice fast-food wise.

4. You say it needs, 'a lot of work', but you're not breaking it down as to why it needs work. I'm also not on gear, so my body isn't a muscle-building machine. It's a, survive and be fat machine. So, maybe a super-high protein diet works for you, but if my body isn't synthesizing the protein, it's going to turn in to fat.

Again, I didn't post to argue, but I'm going to present things I find incorrect as well.

i tell u what man lets start over. i was in a bad mood this am and may have been a little harsh with u. i feel a little better this afternoon..

1. read sticky: dieting 101: cutting

2. while there are def worse fats than mayo i also think there are def better ones as well. like the ones i think i already mentioned..

3. subway is junk.. processed meat, high calorie bread.. u need to eat clean to cut..

4. i see no reason to break down ur diet even further cuz i think it just needs re- doing

5. if u dont know ur bf% i suggest u get it checked. judging by ur pics id put u in the ballpark of 15-16 (ish) maybe a little more.. u dont have a lot of fat to cut so it wont take too terribly long after which depending on ur goals u will/may be in for a bulk
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 07-18-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Thread Information