Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    jpowell is offline Banned

JPowell--revamped new goals.

wats up everybody. Jpowell here after taking off the month of april i have revamped my diet, workout regimen, and refueled my motivation level. I plan on using this here as my log and accountability journal to monitor results and also seek on outside motivation from you guys. my current stats are 225 lbs, bf 19%, 26 yrs old, been training 3-4x a week doing cardio every training day for 20-30 mins. I have created a workout split (5days) and a new diet. break down of my diet is going to follow the high fat, mod protein, low carb routine. at my weight I have 3330 tdee. My goal is to cut and stay consistent with my diet. I no i can do it, as I've lost 60lbs of fat before, but being happy and content with my results, i was satisfied and got sloppy. But I'm back now and ready to get big, tite and ripped.
    I have my diet in the form of 2 days high fat, 1 low fat. breakdown of macros, 2 days on 3040 calories, 159g fat, 87g carbs, 266g pro. 1 day 1787 calories, 44g fat, 28g carbs, 302g pro. Initially i will not post my diet unless you guys wana see it. today starts my journey, time to get technical and serious. help me achieve my goal broad mates.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    glad to see you are motivated again. just curious as to why all the fat? is this a quasi-keto type diet? why not cycle your carbs instead of the fat. good luck on your journey

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00
    glad to see you are motivated again. just curious as to why all the fat? is this a quasi-keto type diet? why not cycle your carbs instead of the fat. good luck on your journey
    Thanx for tuning in bro. I have the fat as my fuel source as i was told it wod b the best way to rid of my lower flabby stomach, while also using fats to power through workouts will essentially help to lose bf points. Which is my goal. Cut bf.

Back at it 730 am, on the wake up
    3 egg whites,
    3 whole eggs,
    .5 grape fruit
    2oz chikn breast grilled.

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Whats up JP. Glad you decided to log your diet/training. Keep consistent and you will reach you goals.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    Whats up JP. Glad you decided to log your diet/training. Keep consistent and you will reach you goals.
    thanks bro!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by jpowell View Post
    Thanx for tuning in bro. I have the fat as my fuel source as i was told it wod b the best way to rid of my lower flabby stomach, while also using fats to power through workouts will essentially help to lose bf points. Which is my goal. Cut bf.
    I'm a little confused. This isn't a keto diet? But you are trying to use fat as a fuel source?! Who advised you this was the best way? Have you ever tried a lower carb diet with high protein and moderate fats?

Agree with Cajun, quasi keto is not the best idea. And as for reducing lower belly fat - you can NOT spot reduce fat.
    If you carry on with the diet I'll be very interested to see the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM

I'm a little confused. This isn't a keto diet? But you are trying to use fat as a fuel source?! Who advised you this was the best way? Have you ever tried a lower carb diet with high protein and moderate fats?

Agree with Cajun, quasi keto is not the best idea. And as for reducing lower belly fat - you can NOT spot reduce fat.
    If you carry on with the diet I'll be very interested to see the outcome.
    Yea not traditional keto. Sumthng i have spent mad hours reading about and decided to give it a try. Im gonna try it for the month a may and see how it works out. Not necessarily spot reducing, although i c how u get that from my forst post. Ive ram this past a good trainer ive met who has 20+ yrs exp. he said it was a good idea and wodnt hurt to try it.

Essetially wat im tryma do is burn/shed/drop as much fat as possible retaining all muscle/mass. Hoping this approach works.

I thank u for ur questioning stem, im always open to advice, but the only thing i ask neg or positive help me to undrstand the science behind your thoughts!

Meal #2
    6 oz chicken breast grilled
    .5 avocado
    15 wheat thins

Simply put, if you exclude all carbs from your diet and take in more fat then you will put your body in ketosis and use ketones(fat) as a fuel source for everything you do. If you lift then it is recommended you have a once a week refeed to replenish energy stores to stop your body cannibalising muscle.

I've never really heard of the type of diet you are following but await results of fat list against lbm.

Personally I prefer a split along the lines of 35/45/20 (c/p/f) but that's me. Others prefer less carbs and more protein. Generally , if you ingesting carbs then fats are kept to around 20%.

Then there's carb (not fat) cycling, but that's another thing altogether!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ok thanx stem. Appreciate ur insight.
    I do have carbs n my diet just "trace amounts" or no direct sources.

Meal 3:
    Grilled chicken salad with cucumbers n oilve oil for dressing. (3 cups lettuce)

Quote Originally Posted by jpowell
    Ok thanx stem. Appreciate ur insight.
    I do have carbs n my diet just "trace amounts" or no direct sources.
    Ok. 80 g of non direct carbs is a lot of brocoli. Can you list your carb sources and amount of carbs for each?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ok. 80 g of non direct carbs is a lot of brocoli. Can you list your carb sources and amount of carbs for each?
    Yea mos def ill do this soon as i get home to my diet log. But no broc tho, just asaragus n green beans is what im using.

Meal 4: sames as meal 2.

Then it sounds like you are going ketogenic!

Do you have planned refeeds?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Though I'm still unsure as to why you are cycling high fat/low fat days?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Workout time proli doing legs.

ok sorry for the delay. changed up routine did shoulders and upper traps. felt good. with 20 mins cardio post workout.
    now eating meal 5, same as meal 3. (salad)

sources of carbs are going to be: asparagus, green beans, cucumbers, spinach, protein powder, grape fruit, avocado and wheat thins.

my plan refeeds after 2 weeks solid, take on cheat meal as my last meal to prevent further cheating throughout the day (straight by book) after this initial 14 day refeed will proli do it once a week. but I'm hungry for results, so i may skip these "refeed" days if theres any logic behind that?!

shoulders and upper trap workout went:

machine shoulder press 15@90, 12@115, 12@130, 15@90
    ss with
    lateral raise 15@20, 8@20, 8@20, 8@15

rope front raise 12@50, 12@50, 12@50
    ss with
    reverse flye 12@105, 12@105, 12@120

ez- bar upright row 15@80, 12@80, 12@90, 15@80
    ss with
    barbell shrugs 15@bar, 12@135, 12@135, 15@90

On the wake up, switching things up a bit as this is my 1 day low fat.

Breakfast gonna b 6 eggwhites with sum spinach. Leg workout at 1030a.

Skipping refeeds is a no no. In fact, once a week is optimal on a keto.

Also, no fruit on a keto as far as I am concerned.

Do a search for a thread started by **top** I think called 'cyclical ketogenic diet'.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ok ill will look for that thread. I was reading a thread from gb froma while a go, had some goof information in it.

Did legs n the gym today, nice blood pump and really pushing myself to hit limits n break barriers.

Meal 2 was 5 asparagus spears, 10 fresh green beans, 6 oz chikn.

Meal 3, salad with cucumbers, red wine vinigar chicken.

Boutta go grill some more rite now.

Sup evrybody.

Time for breakfast. Meal #1 from my 2days on.
    3eggs
    3egg whites
    2oz chikn
    .5 grape fruit

Remaining faithfull to my good ole diet. Kinda sux, but i neda lose bf.

Good day diet wise, sticking to my meals. Had a killer chest session. Im liken this 5 day split.

i have my eyes set, for about 5-6 mos of solid dieting, to check and see where im at. If im satisfied with results i want to sign up for an amatuer show. bodybuilding not physique as i have nice tone/size i need to shed bf and possibly shape my muscles. I plant to cut, depending on the results of this month from being on the diet. If things are not working out as planned, June 1st i will restart from scratch implementing new ideas.

As my goal is to get in the best shape a my life. I have worked hard for the last year to get where im at, and nothing feels btter for pay off than when somebody compliments my physique. as i see my self everyday, im used to my results, and when i think about how much weight ive lost, (60+ lbs) and gained mucsle i feel great. diet is the hard part, seems to be a weakness of sorts.

right now, im hungry as shit, i still have meal 5 to eat, but i want something bad (popcorn/pretzels/twizzlers) 2 have salt, one is fruity and chewy--not sure if this means i am lacking something in my diet or not.
    discipline, i need to build my discipline up. being hungry for results is simply not enough anymore. I am determined. I will achieve. I will grow into the biggest possible humanly monster i can. I wil be big and tight.

just realized i didn't post my workout for chest today

smith machine incline press 15@135, 12@155, 12@185, 15@135
    ss with
    incline db flye 15@30, 12@35, 12@30, 12@30

seated machine chest press 15@140, 12@180, 10@230, 15@180
    ss with
    pushup (skipped)

flat bench db flye 12@30, 12@30, 12@30
    ss with
    low pulley cable crossover 12@40, 12@50, 12@60

squeezed at peak, relaxed at low points. very intense workout--nice chest pump.

Wadddup. 730a on the wake up. Boutta make my breakfast n get redy for work.

3eggs
    3whites
    .5 grapefruit
    2oz a chikn.

Meal #2 down
    .5 avocado
    6 oz chikn
    15 wheat thins.

Meal #2 down
    .5 avocado
    6 oz chikn
    15 wheat thins.
    What's the macro's on the wheat thins?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

What's the macro's on the wheat thins?
    3.5g fat, 22g carbs, 2g protein
    Per serving (15 crackers)

Meal #3 underway.
    3c a lettuce
    6 oz chickn
    .5c cucumbers
    1.5 tbsp olive oil

Meal #4 underway, also pre workout meal. Gonna do arms n sum ab work tonite

3.5g fat, 22g carbs, 2g protein
    Per serving (15 crackers)
    That would knock most people out of keto with that'll the veggies too. Just saying!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

i just finishing working out, had a nice arm session will post my routine and weights later. I will look into your info as I'm not sure what I'm doing is "keto". What would u recommend swapping everything out with? I just checked my weight, 225.5 lbs, bf is a whooping 23.1%, kinda made me a lil down, as I was 20% cpl wks ago. This effin high fat diet is killing me! maybe I'm doing something wrong or something. I don't feel fat or even really look it. Not bloated i have nice shape. kinda lost gonna talk with my trainer and see whats up.

820a on the wake up. Slept good last nite, off today. Maken breakfast, fat cycle 1 day.
    6egg whites
    1c spinach.

Abso no gym today. Thght bout at least doing some cardio but ruled it out. Gonna completely chill today.

woke up on the breakfast side, had my eggs. diet slacked yesterday. gonna go to the gym an do some cardio and possibly work a muscle group. gonna take it fairly easily and do maybe abs or something of that nature. In a slump for sum reason, i have my eyes set on my goal, bust my ass off in the gym, but can't get this diet 100%. kinda disappointed.

watsup everybody. as I'm into week 2 now, I'm just gonna be posting one time a day.
    breakfast-100%
    meal 2- 100%
    meal 3- 100%
    meal 4- 100%
    meal 5--slacked,
    meal 6--slacked.

something is going on where i feel I'm not getting enough of "something" through the day. I stay consistent and disciplined on my meals, until post workout. for sum odd reason i was eat high carb things, wheat-thins, some doritos candy?? not sure why. As I'm not "hungry" but i do it to fill some type a void.

clocked my weight in at the gym--228.5 lbs--5.7.2012, bf I'm scared to check it as ino its high.

trained back today in the gym, no pre work out suppls (evogen) but i did have glycoject. also switched up my pins. gonna be doing 1.5 ml (300 mgs of eq mon/thurs) and also .5ml (200 mgs of t400 same days) still switching between delts for last couple a weeks.

I did try to increase all weights in my workout today by at least 5 lbs. SUCCESS--my back feel tight as shit.

back workout went:

smith machine bent over row 15@95, 12@115, 12@135, 8@155, 7@135 (drop-set)
    ss with
    inverted smith machine pull up (4 sets @ 8 -10 reps)

dual dumbbell row (misread log and did lateral raises) 20@12, 25@12, 30@12
    ss with
    t-bar row 35@12, 35@12, 50@12

close grip pull down 100@15, 120@12, 130@12, 100@15
    ss with
    machin pullover 50@15, 70@12, 70@12, 50@15

had a nice back pump. Lats looked good n the mirror, and with my shirt on (covering belly fat) i actually looked like i had sum thickness to me. I do have a hard, vascular physique (courtesy of t400/eq). muscles are hard and long, but do need shape.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Dude this diet looks like a bad idea.. Ur on day 8 and have gained 3.5lbs on a cut? Ur 2 high fat days ur also eating 87g carbs?? And wheat thins?? If i were u id ditch this diet before u gain any more fat and start over.. Also ur eating fruit? That can knock u out of ketosis and if ur not trying to achieve ketosis i dont know why ur eating so much fat.. This diet looks like a bad idea IMO.. I dont like the idea of eating high fat even when ketosis is reached and fatloss is documented..

Uve been on this site for awhile.. I dont understand why u wouldnt do something with a better likelihood of success? Like a low carb or carb cycle? At 20% u could prob run low carb for 2 months and then re evaluate.. Wat id do if i were u..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    Dude this diet looks like a bad idea.. Ur on day 8 and have gained 3.5lbs on a cut? Ur 2 high fat days ur also eating 87g carbs?? And wheat thins?? If i were u id ditch this diet before u gain any more fat and start over.. Also ur eating fruit? That can knock u out of ketosis and if ur not trying to achieve ketosis i dont know why ur eating so much fat.. This diet looks like a bad idea IMO.. I dont like the idea of eating high fat even when ketosis is reached and fatloss is documented..

Uve been on this site for awhile.. I dont understand why u wouldnt do something with a better likelihood of success? Like a low carb or carb cycle? At 20% u could prob run low carb for 2 months and then re evaluate.. Wat id do if i were u..
    Im lost on the carb cycle concept. I thght inha it mapped out, talkd to sum ppl and they told me to continue research. This is wat i did the month of april. I resewrched different diets, n read n read for hours upon hours. But thanks for ur advice 405, ur respected enough n my book to no follow ur advice. Ill try agin at the carb cycle. N post wat ive come up with.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information