Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    jpowell is offline Banned
    Wats up everybody, headed to gym to do pull day. Gonna consist of a couple different things. Im just mainly tryn get focus on a good plan or slit while carb cycling.

Machine rows
    Cable rows
    Db shrugs
    Front pulldowns
    Alt db curls
    Str8 bar cable curl
    Db hammer curl

10-12 reps per working set. Goal of increasing wate every set.

Carb cycling is kinda exhausting. This weekend was kinda tough due to holiday...so today im gonna go full blown alout till 4th a july whr i can have a solid month of good eating.

I also moded sum things up as to where i am putting down 12 oz a meat per serving, up from 8. And using yams and oats only as my carb sources. Also using tuna, beef, chiken, egg whites, and whey as protein sources. Using broc as my veggie of choice on no/low days.

I do have a question in general, on carb cycling. Has anybody evr implemented the type of cycle where you just cycle workout out days n non workout days? Example mwf wod b high days as this wod be training days and trss wod me non workout days. Question is where or how do you cycle in low/no days n that type of setup?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    JP how r ur bf% results coming? and ur weight? how many weeks have u been cycling ur carbs now?

Coming in today marks my 1st full week. I havent measured or monitored anything yet. I will end of this week, as thatll give me sum more time. But i feel tiighter n certain areas! Not sure if thas mental or actual tho. Plus i been kinda cheating, using this bbq sauce on my meat instead of hot sauce. Other than that n ystrday, goin 100!

started pct today. OMG, talk about some nasty shit! I'm gonna have to find something to mask the taste of these! did a push workout yesterday forgot to post. getting compliments on how small I'm getting/looking. which is what i want so i guess things are a go. also checked my weight 222.5 lbs, down 5 lbs since last weight in, which obvi is water, but I'm happy as I'm contributing it to my carb cycle approach. today is no starchy carb day, so just meat and veggies.

ok, just realized that in a 5 oz can of tuna there is roughly only 20 grams of protein. eating 2 cans only gives 40 grams. i think im going to swap out this for a different source, either more chicken or more beef. IDK.

secrets of the pros diet--important info.
    on the wake carbs and pros
    no need for fats in the morn,
    no need for carbs when sitting on ass all day at work.
    45-60 mins w/out have complex carbs with protein
    after workout rec from milos to have simple sugars (simple carbs)
    break down meals into at least 5 meals a day
    split macros accordingly
    small frequent meals provide nutrients/amino acids to help push throughout the day
    plenty of green fibrous veggies
    no carbs at all after workout since pm workout
    myth that eating carbs after a certain is gonna make fat--based on activity
    include essential fatty acids omegas 3/6/9--
    most fat is gonna come from meats
    at least abso min 1 gram of protein per body weight (starting point)
    endomorph 1.5
    don't focus on cals, worry bout macros, 2000 cals good be a good/bad diet depends on macros
    low fat, low carb, high protein
    star roughly at 100 grams of carbs
    protein 200-400 grams of protein
    myth of 30 grams of protein per setting
    protein is constant--stays the same no matter what
    mix protein sources every meal. egg whites, chicken, steak, fish, beef.
    whey takes about 20 mins
    starchy complex carbs in the morning or b4 physical activity for sustained energy
    no carbs = green leafy veggies anytime, no limit
    simple carbs only after workouts--gatorade
    leave fat at abso minimal per day b/c hidden in protein from meats
    metabolic=maintenance
    simple carbs with sugars after workout, not simple carbs and fats-
    go at least 2 weeks to monitor progress
    Last edited by jpowell; 06-03-2012 at 09:50 PM.

bringing current.

IMO ud be better to do it like this:

day1: low (cardio)
    day2: low (cardio)
    day3: low (cardio)
    day4: high
    day5: mod
    day6: mod
    day7: mod (off) (pm cardio if possible.. cut out starchy carbs after meal 3 or 4.. this will assist in ur goal of depleting muscle glycogen)

add the weights in where it fits for u and day 1 doesnt have to be a monday.. also u dont have to do cardio 4 days but IMO those are the best 4 days to do it.. heres why: the reason u do 3 days low in a row is to deplete muscle glycogen.. this will force the body to burn fat for fuel.. u want to take advantage of this state by doing am fasted cardio especially on days 2 and 3.. where ur muscle glycogen will be at its lowest.. (technically itll be at its lowest on the am of day 4 before ur refeed so if u felt inclined u could throw in a cardio session before u start ur refeed but its not necessary)..

also u want to have ur high day following ur 3 low days.. the purpose of the high day is to replenish glycogen.. this is not necessary after 3 days of moderate carbs..

also i would suggest a full body depletion workout on day 1.. 60% of ur 1 rep max (or thereabout) for 15 reps.. each rep take 2 seconds on the negative portion and 1 second on the positive.. BTW this is brutal.. id go for 6 sets per bodypart (4sets for arms and calves)... (this is a depletion style workout)..

id suggest a 3day split for the rest of the week done on ur moderate days.. id put leg day after ur refeed so day 5 (legs)

if it were me id prob do something like:
    day1: depletion total body
    day2: am fasted cardio
    day3: am fasted cardio
    day4: chest/bis
    day5: legs/tris
    day6: shoulders/back
    day7: off (possible pm cardio to help start depletion)

something like this.. u could also take off on ur high day but then ud be looking at lifting 4 days in a row.. and after 3days of lifting and knowing how tuff the depletion workout is i wouldnt suggest it..

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    ^^^sounds like a plan!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    ^^^sounds like a plan!
    lol credit is to 405, i wasn't talking to myself in 3rd person. i jacked this off another thread, to have helpful info in one spot for quick future ref for my self.

^^^ thought u had a mouse in your pocket! blahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat
    ^^^ thought u had a mouse in your pocket! blahahahaha
    Lol nope but maybe a girlygymrat lmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

started this thread 2 months ago. posted last in it about 15 days ago.
    nothing has changed, i slipped and fell into my old eating habits. not by choice, but once i was there i was comfortable.
    I'm on my way broshopping to get food for the next week or so.
    I need to get on a cut--i plan to implement a good solid diet--as outlined above for 2 wks, and then use a supp such as var and test or win and test to help me..if i decide to use it wont be till the middle of july.
    but ne who--its hot, and one thing i hate is being fat when it hot out. my neck sweats, swamp balls, back of my knees clammy, etc i can't stand it.
    I'm on this site too much--and offer solid nutrition advice put i haven't been doing jack shit.
    luckily i havent gained any weight, however i do feel way fatter.
    i havent evn been to the gym in 2 weeks--my excuse--"I'm priming" yea ok.
    bleven wat you wana beleve, this here is for the brutally honest guys--and girls--
    follow along on my journey as jpowell revamps himself,
    there is 9 weeks until sept --i will use this time wisely.
    aren't you tired of sitting around, looking at everybody's progress pix, like damn i want those results.
    my man 405--helped me out a lot, damn near mapped everything out for me, what i do?
    completely ignored him. no disrespect 405--your a cool guy, and i like your style.
    guys on here like gixxer, dan, alex, jasc, and many others--
    your fellow brother is down--help me to bounce back!

sorry i just had to rant right quick-been in a slouch where as i mention (depressed) feeling sorry for myself blah blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by jpowell View Post
    started this thread 2 months ago. posted last in it about 15 days ago.
    nothing has changed, i slipped and fell into my old eating habits. not by choice, but once i was there i was comfortable.
    bleven wat you wana beleve, this here is for the brutally honest guys--and girls--
    follow along on my journey as jpowell revamps himself,
    there is 9 weeks until sept --i will use this time wisely.
    aren't you tired of sitting around, looking at everybody's progress pix, like damn i want those results.
    my man 405--helped me out a lot, damn near mapped everything out for me, what i do?
    completely ignored him. no disrespect 405--your a cool guy, and i like your style.
    guys on here like gixxer, dan, alex, jasc, and many others--
    your fellow brother is down--help me to bounce back!sorry i just had to rant right quick-been in a slouch where as i mention (depressed) feeling sorry for myself blah blah blah.
    its a journey, not a destination.
    seems ur now ready to implement.
    there is more path to heath....pick the way that fits best into your lifestyle and current health situation.

success is yours!
    Last edited by GirlyGymRat; 06-29-2012 at 10:15 PM.

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Yo JP, You are one of the good guys here. Many have helped me out in my ups and downs and I hope I can help you a bit. When I got back from vacation I'd say the one thing that helped me get back on track (besides all the good prodding here) was to cook my clean meals as always for 4 days. Having the food prepared makes it easier to follow the clean diet and after a few day of being on track with diet I was feeling good and back in the gym. When you are off track with diet motivation gets low and the body gets lethargic. At least for me. I'd get back in the gym ASAP. The longer you go without going the harder it will be. Just get in maybe 4-5 times for light workouts the first week and you will be feeling better and back on track by the second week.

Hope this helps bro.

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    its a journey, not a destination.
    seems ur now ready to implement.
    its a process.
    there is more then one way....but will need to pick one way
    IMO, do the way that fits best into your lifestyle and current health situation.

u will be successful as long as u want to
    thanks girly, its nice to have a coed support system. i no sooner or late ill get out this slump, but i also no how deadly it can be. like i said i got into that comfort zone.

i had mad people asking me what happen, how'd i lose the juice, motivation etc...idk what happened other than the fact that I'm emotionally unstable lol--i found joy--however temporary it was within food--junk food...for the last week strate i have hate nothing but turkey, wheat bread, miracle whip, and cheese sandwiches, literally every meal daily.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    Yo JP, You are one of the good guys here. Many have helped me out in my ups and downs and I hope I can help you a bit. When I got back from vacation I'd say the one thing that helped me get back on track (besides all the good prodding here) was to cook my clean meals as always for 4 days. Having the food prepared makes it easier to follow the clean diet and after a few day of being on track with diet I was feeling good and back in the gym. When you are off track with diet motivation gets low and the body gets lethargic. At least for me. I'd get back in the gym ASAP. The longer you go without going the harder it will be. Just get in maybe 4-5 times for light workouts the first week and you will be feeling better and back on track by the second week.

Hope this helps bro.
    fasho al, thanks man. i no these slumps come and go. i just can't continue to sit back and wish i had this body or that body anymore. its time to get there. i hate being the guy who sticks to his diet, bust his ass in the gym, but very minimal results.to help me get back in the jest of things I'm gonna do fasted cardio in the morn, just start with about 20 mins moderate jog.

thanks bro for your words.

i ate the same meal every day basically for 4 months until i lost 30 pounds on a plan that Damien05 and Gbrice crafted for me. i worked out like mad and esp cardio. I just needed something simple and with little variation. whatever works for you.....and don't give up. one VET said something .....nothing is better then fit feels

Morning fasted cardio done 20 mins jog mixed with power walk.

Also ate breakfast...

good work on the cardio. thats 1 out of 3 now u need to implement the other 2!

remember the NIKE slogan: just do it..

well.. JUST DO IT!

Yessir thanks!

Also just finished grilling meats for about 4 days. So this way ill have food. Getting bak into the swing things. One meal at a time.

DISCIPLINE!

Glad to see your back at it bro.

ok here is my plan:
    i will do am fasted cardio 4 days a week. mon, tues, thrus, fri.
    10 min brisk jog, followed by brisk walk for 20 mins, total 30 mins.

im gonna skip out on my original plan of carb cycling for now until i get back into the jest of things.
    this is my setup:
    225 x .21 = 47.25(lbs fat)
    225 - 44.25 = 177.75(lbs LBM)
    177.75 x .4536 = 80.63(kg LBM)
    BMR = (80.63 x 21.6) + 370 = 2111cals
    TDEE = 2111 x 1.55 = 3273cals

375 g pro x 4,
    125 g carbs x 4
    56 g fats x 9

i will split this between 6 meals daily.
    my plan still stands, however I've adjusted it, I'm gonna try my damned hardest to be 100% disciplined for the whole month and then have a cheat day (4 weeks). I have also decided to wait till aug to start any sups--not the middle of july as previously stated.

as far as workouts go- I'm going to implement a 5x5 structure.

looks like a good plan to me.

wats up everybody--good 4th i hope--
    i was on the grind with my diet. actually proud a myself for sticking to it.
    on the wake up today I'm having a protein shake with oats-
    gonna knock out some cardio (not sure if fasted still) and workout.

ill post my workout and weights in as i do them.

if ur doing cardio and lifting in the am i suggest lifting first then doing cardio.

Ok thanks for the heads up!

JP Glad to see you are at it. If you are having the shake before cardio then it is not fasted. Before I do fasted cardio I have 300mg caffeine and water that's it. Some guys throw in some BCAA as well but I think anything else and it's not fasted cardio.

JP Glad to see you are at it. If you are having the shake before cardio then it is not fasted. Before I do fasted cardio I have 300mg caffeine and water that's it. Some guys throw in some BCAA as well but I think anything else and it's not fasted cardio.
    I have a hard time doing fasted cardio cuz I am so hungry in the morning if I sticked to my macros! I do coffee too and it does help! looking forward to progress update!

unless i am completely blind or dumb--i spent 15 mins at walmart looking for caffeine pills and bronkaid--no luck.

unless i am completely blind or dumb--i spent 15 mins at walmart looking for caffeine pills and bronkaid--no luck.
    u have to get the primatene from behind the pharmacy counter and produce ID..

caffeine is NO DOZ

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    u have to get the primatene from behind the pharmacy counter and produce ID..

caffeine is NO DOZ
    My wife found mine and started taking it for her allergies dammit.

ok thanks for the heads up guys. lol so it wasn't me being blind.

sup everybody, today was an easy going day.
    in the gym i completed shoulders and arm workout went like this:
    wide grip upright rows 10x75, 10x95, 10x95
    military press 10x90, 10x110, 10x120
    rear delt rows 10x95, 10x115, 10x135
    e-z curls 10x50, 10x70, 10x70, 10x60
    lying e-z tri ext 10x60, 10x90, 10x90, 10x60
    dumbbell curls 10x25, 10x35, 10x45, 10x40
    triceps dips 10xbw, 10xbw, 10xbw, 10xbw
    ab crunch machine 25x90, 25x90, 25x90.
    finished off with 30 mins cardio 11.0 incline, 3.0 mph, heart rate about 116-119.

i woke up late, so breakfast was the meal i slacked on today, had a bowl of cereal, fruit loops. I'm proli gonna invest in a box on complete bran, just for future purposes.
    other than this, diet has been 100.

i found this cool article that is influencing me changing or mod it again. at least altering the foods but keeping macros the same.

i have a goal set for 11 weeks out--to be down to 200 lbs. wish me luck and help hold me accountable guys!

JP good to see you are on it. What are you weighing in at now?

Good deal JP. Lets get it done dude!

fuk yeahhhhh! i had to let that out. i just had a very intense leg day. I'm pumped still!
    went something like this:
    smith machine squats 135x12, 185x10, 225x10, 245x10
    ss (90 sec rest)
    lying leg curls 100x10, 110x10, 120x10, 130x10
    rest
    wide stance squats 245x5, 245x5, 245x5, 245x5
    ss (90 sec rest)
    standing leg curls 60x10, 70x10, 80x10, 80x10
    rest
    adductor machine 70x12, 70x12
    ss (no rest)
    abductor machine 90x12, 90x12
    rest
    calf press 90x10, 180x10, 270x10
    ss (90 sec rest)
    seated calf raises 90x10, 90x10, 90x10

no cardio on legs day. except 5 min stair stepper warmup.

nice session today!
    killed chest and back and threw in sum ab work.

Incline barbell press 135x12, 185x12, 225x10, 245x10
    ss (90 sec rest)
    wide grip pull up bwx6 for 4 sets
    rest
    chest dips bwx10 for 4 sets
    rest
    dumbell shrugs 60x12, 80x12
    ss (90 sec rest)
    rotator cuff strecth 15x12, 15x12
    rest
    hanging leg raises bwx20 for 3 sets
    ss (90 sec rest)