daytrader is offline Member

Cooking potatoes without an oven

My oven will be out of use for the next week or too... i cook my meats and chicken with a foreman grill, but trying to get the best way to cook potatoes without the oven.

Not a big fan of the way microwave food comes out, and boiling the potatoes can strip them of their vitamins and nutrients, so anyother suggestions? I was thinking of buying a crock pot.

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by daytrader
    My oven will be out of use for the next week or too... i cook my meats and chicken with a foreman grill, but trying to get the best way to cook potatoes without the oven.

Not a big fan of the way microwave food comes out, and boiling the potatoes can strip them of their vitamins and nutrients, so anyother suggestions? I was thinking of buying a crock pot.
    Crock pot potatoes are fantastic. 7 minutes in the microwave in a bag has always worked for me. I can't tell they are microwaved.

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by daytrader View Post

Have you ever tried a microwaved potato? To me it tastes like any other potato plus saves a GRIP LOAD of time...Depends on size but literally 5 mins in the microwave and you have a finished potato to perfection.

You could also wrap in foil and throw in the bbq...Takes awhile put probably the closet to roasting..

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    slice them thin and put them on the george foreman

Bevsta123 is offline Member
    Steamer->microwave on high->mash them mofos

greenwell001 is offline Member
    I slice all my tubers thin add some canola oil, pinch of stevia and cinnamon, or garlic and sea salt for potatoes and wrap them in aluminum foil, throw on grill 5 min each side, it is the bomb.

JAB1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calstate23 View Post
    Have you ever tried a microwaved potato? To me it tastes like any other potato plus saves a GRIP LOAD of time...Depends on size but literally 5 mins in the microwave and you have a finished potato to perfection.

You could also wrap in foil and throw in the bbq...Takes awhile put probably the closet to roasting..
    Agreed, both are what I do

Razor is offline Banned
    Boiling them is the easiest and fasted way to cook them and they can't get burned or undercooked. Microwave would take out more nutrients than boiling I would think

Wolv256 is offline Associate Member
    Get a rice cooker with a steamer on top. Slice them up real quick. Go to the gym and work out. When you come back, they'll be soft and you can mash them with a fork. But, bro, don't eat potatoes, eat sweet potatoes.

ILLEATYERFKNHART is offline New Member
    Experiment with the microwave you have, use potatoes setting if you gone one. If not use about 50% power and go 3-4 minutes. I eat these everyday. Sprinkle with chives, vegan bacon bits, fresh pepper. Shit now I'm hungry...

digsy1983 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLEATYERFKNHART View Post
    Experiment with the microwave you have, use potatoes setting if you gone one. If not use about 50% power and go 3-4 minutes. I eat these everyday. Sprinkle with chives, vegan bacon bits, fresh pepper. Shit now I'm hungry...
    Vegan bacon bits??? I've heard it all now! Damn u americans and your ingenious food solutions!
    Last edited by digsy1983; 08-25-2012 at 03:06 PM.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Potatoes are not exactly nutrient dense anyway.... If your worried about destroying any of there nutrients just eat some raw broccoli as wel...

Microwave them, then cut them into slices, make a garlic and rosemary oil in a pestle and mortar and foreman them with that flavoured oil on em....

PUKKA

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daytrader

Creamy mash potato,

To boiled potato add one egg and some milk, salt and pepper then mash it up ;-)

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i micro mine. or like said put on a bbq
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Potatoes are not exactly nutrient dense anyway.... If your worried about destroying any of there nutrients just eat some raw broccoli as wel...

Microwave them, then cut them into slices, make a garlic and rosemary oil in a pestle and mortar and foreman them with that flavoured oil on em....

PUKKA
    this is getting tried tomorrow! cant wait.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by digsy1983 View Post
    this is getting tried tomorrow! cant wait.
    Garlic, fresh rosemary, salt..... Beat up in p and m.... Add oil, mix well.... Nice flavoured oil....

U can do the same with chill...

Or do a chineese one.... Garlic, ginger, spring onions, 5 spice, sesame oil...

Excellent! I'm gona do some fasted cardio then these potato slices are getting put safely in my over sized belly! "Get in my belly!" Haha

Thread Information