rooftop is offline Junior Member

Bf too high to cycle?

My bf is at 25% and I was told its to high to cycle? Should I adjust my calories to that of a 225 lb male and continue lifting maybe add some cardio? Don't Want to lose any muscle ?

greenwell001 is offline Member
    how was your bf% measured. it would prob take 3 months good diet and cardio to get to a better bf%, you could prob get down to 15 with some hard work, but if you only make it to 17, better than 25. HIIT can help retain muscle while you are cutting. it ill prob take you 3 months to get your cycle together anyway. look at samson420 cycle log, instead of cutting 10%bf before cycle, your gonna be cutting 20%bf after. i know which one would be easier. some say increased gyno symptoms too, i think everyone is different though so it might no affect you. commit to cardio, and understand how to eat, in the nutrition section.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by rooftop View Post
    My bf is at 25% and I was told its to high to cycle? Should I adjust my calories to that of a 225 lb male and continue lifting maybe add some cardio? Don't Want to lose any muscle ?
    rooftop welcome man!

25% bf is too high to cycle IMO. also why would u want to? dont u want to get rid of all that fat?

if u weigh 225lbs and have 25%bf ur carrying around 56.25lbs fat dude. if ur gonna cycle id assume ud be trying to gain muscle which means ur gonna gain more fat (esp if u have been lifting regularly).

my suggestion: CUT

read dieting 101: cutting

u should not bulk and/or cycle until u are 12%bf (i prefer 10%) IMO.. the aromatase enzyme which converts testosterone into estrogen is contained in ur body's fat cells. the more u have the greater the possibility of conversion + other negative side effects.

not to mention 25%bf is just fat man. not to sound mean just pointing out the facts to u. and i would know because i cut down from 22%bf myself over this past year and i can tell u from experience u will not regret it and itll change ur life for the better if u do it.

WIKIPEDIA:
    In biology, adipose tissue (/ˈædəˌpoʊs/) or body fat or fat depot or just fat is loose connective tissue composed of adipocytes. It is technically composed of roughly only 80% fat; fat in its solitary state exists in the liver and muscles. Adipose tissue is derived from lipoblasts. Its main role is to store energy in the form of lipids, although it also cushions and insulates the body. Far from hormonally inert, adipose tissue has in recent years been recognized as a major endocrine organ,[1] as it produces hormones such as leptin, estrogen, resistin, and the cytokine TNFα. Moreover, adipose tissue can affect other organ systems of the body and may lead to disease. Obesity or being overweight in humans and most animals does not depend on body weight, but on the amount of body fat—to be specific, adipose tissue[citation needed].

sticky:
    dieting 101: cutting

think about how much better u will look and feel about urself lean and strong and big vs fat and big..

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    The higher your bodyfat, the higher your risk is for sides, particularlly Estrogen related. Nothing you want to deal with, trust me. I wouldn't consider cycling until you get down to a very appreciable 12% or lower personally.

Good luck, please keep us posted.

rooftop is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all the info . I' m actually 240 and I measure my bf w scale at home I know they are not that accurate so should I go to my local gym and have them do it? I had quit lifting for a few years and was at 219 w 25% bf, did p90 for a few months and got down to 214 at 14% then went back to lifting and got up to 247 before I lowered my calories I just had my calorie intake to high cause I was lifting a lot and wanting to bulk

Thread Information