24labor is offline Anabolic Member

Not hungry during cutting. Too many Kcals?

I started my cut plan last week, which I know is a little too soon to determine big changes, but I notice that I am not very hungry between meals, unless there is a long gap b/c of work (say 4.5-5 hours or so). I haven't weighed in yet to see if the number has gone down, which I do not use as the sole contributor to kcal alteration, but I just wanted to double check with some gurus who may catch something that may be off.

5'8
    166(as of the start)
    TDEE- 2443 (I went with the light activity a week option when multiplying the sum) (although some days at work can keep you moving more than you anticipate)

I subtract 500 and get 1943, but drop another 50 off due to the fact I like to add some chopped garlic and parsley to my meals(small amounts of kcals, but still) and also chew gum when I can't brush and I pop 2 fish oil tabs during the day. Thus coming to 1893 roughly

I thought this number may be a little high, but I double checked (unless I messed up twice lol) I have posted a screen shot of an excel calculator below. I used the numbers either from CalorieKing or right of the product itself. I went with a 40/40/20 split and tried to divide the protein to 32 per meal, but got a little high PWO. The carbs are front loaded in the first three meals, which they are pretty close, but the over all percentages are just about dead on. I try to eat every 3 hours, but with work some days it may be 4-5 hours between.

I also did not add the over all kcals from the broccoli (sometimes I swap out for spinach) on the advice of some members here, but if I did add the numbers in it would add about 75 kcals.

Not running any gear. Take a multi vitamin and a few other herbal supplements, but thats it. I do drink at least a gallon of water a day, so that may contribute to the lack of hunger.

As for workouts I'm doing a 5 day split with cardio after the workout for 45 (light walk up incline) and off days I do the same but AM cardio. Any suggestions, or am I being paranoid?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diet.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	196.1 KB 
ID:	126036
    Last edited by 24labor; 08-30-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Bump before going to work

digsy1983 is offline Member
    What BF% are you? At your weight and activity level maybe a 60/20/20 pro/carb/fat macros slpit would be better.at roughly 1900 cals and 40%of them carbs seems too high imo.

Currently I'd estimate 15%.

I thought about upping protein and leveling Carbs/fats similar to what you had suggested at first, but I followed this 40/40/20 split for my last cut (which was more of a quick cut before vacation so long term results couldn't be fully recorded). I weigh in Monday so I will know if things are going as I planed number wise.

Thanks for the replay digsy, just getting home from work,

I do think that the 60/20/20 was going to be my next step when I began to adjust, but now it seems I may just revamp then tweak from the 60/20/20 as suggested.

Alright I did some tweaking and was able to get the ratios down to 60/20/20. I've added a few more fish caps to bring the fat to 20% rather than having an egg yolk. I spread the caps through out the day with the meals. Any thoughts/recommendations

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	126070

digsy1983 is offline Member
    it looks good. you can tweek it again if you feel it needs tweeked. id personally have 2 tins of tuna in brine where you are having ya casein shake (just to feel like its more food) and id swap meal 4 and 5 around. beef takes longer to digest and it will prob see you through the night with a slow release of protein. both my preference tho. you should get good results from it as it stands tho!

Thread Information