eazyduzit is offline Associate Member

Carb Cycling diet i just wrote up (ideas wanted)

Did some reading up on carb cycling today and was baffled that i had never heard of it before! Been cutting for the past few weeks with a steady loss of 0.5kg a week on my old diet. But benefits of carb cycling sound very tempting (Plus i miss having carbs)!!

Stats:
    176lb (80kg)
    6'1
    training 5 days a week
    No cardio yet, gonna chuck in 2 days of HIIT just for 10-15 minutes after next week

For some reason i can't attatch the spreadsheet, so i put it on my webserver so anyone can access, i don't care if people copy bits or even the whole thing, go for it!

I'm looking for anything ive stuffed up, i got alot of my info from bbdotcom articles and they go on high carb days eat as much carbs as u want lol, ive narrowed it down though

OH i also read, cutting 101, and 405's thread on carb cycling (Where i first heard of it, props to you 405

http://vorignet.zapto.org/newdiet.xls
    Last edited by eazyduzit; 09-10-2012 at 05:32 AM.

OH, and i'm on clen , first week in, is that a factor i gotta think about when it comes to dieting? (noob at clen)

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Read lyle McDonald's ultimate diet 2.0 book.... Or just. Heck 405's log out

Speak to 405, he may be able to sort u out with a copy

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    hey eazy.. welcome man!

ur link is not working for me. whats on it ur diet? if so i suggest typing it out.

also whats ur bf%? im assuming the avi is current?

hey 405 thanks dude

give the link another shot, there was something wrong with it

yeh the avi is current & im not exactly sure of my bf% i'm taking a guess at around 15% ? I can go to my gym and ask if they do BF tests, im sure they have one of those machines\

Ps. Soz by avi i thought u meant stats, nah thats about May i took that photo, im slightly more lean now that pic was during a lean bulk
    Last edited by eazyduzit; 09-10-2012 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Read lyle McDonald's ultimate diet 2.0 book.... Or just. Heck 405's log out

Speak to 405, he may be able to sort u out with a copy
    Nws thanks for the heads up bro, i just got the book and for anyone that wants it, here's where i got it from

http://www.4shared.com/get/EKElQqIj/..._Lyle_McD.html

thats one heck of a spreadsheet man! too much info IMO. makes me go cross eyed!

personally i dont like ur set-up. i cant say with any degree of accuracy how effective it will or will not be because i dont run my carb cycles that way.

IMO one of the best things about a cutting carb cycle is the opportunity afforded to take advantage of glycogen depletion. the way u have urs set up IMO this will not be possible. it takes me 2 days and 10-12sets 15reps at 45-60secs per set per body part to deplete muscle glycogen. u want this to occur to force ur body to burn body fat for fuel.

i prefer and can only really advise u on the following cycles:

day1-3: no/veggie only
    day4: high
    day 5-7: moderate

or

day1-3.75: no/veggie only
    day 3.75-4: high
    day5-7: moderate

(this is what im doing and is the model for ud2.0) <<-- also what i recommend

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    is that you in your avi 405?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320 View Post
    ^^

yeh.. why??

mirin lol, just wondered thats all.

mirin lol, just wondered thats all.
    not sure i follow

Dude its nothing, you asked OP if it was him in his avi, I asked you if it was you in your avi, ssemed to be a reasonable question to ask since its a BBing forum and were all obsessed by our bodies, I did my own carb cycling for some time and it was damn accurate and very very beneficial and productive.

I'm going to cast my eye on his spreadsheet at work tomorrow.

Dude its nothing, you asked OP if it was him in his avi, I asked you if it was you in your avi, ssemed to be a reasonable question to ask since its a BBing forum and were all obsessed by our bodies, I did my own carb cycling for some time and it was damn accurate and very very beneficial and productive.

I'm going to cast my eye on his spreadsheet at work tomorrow.
    yeh no prob man i wasnt trying to make a big deal of it i just didnt follow the "mirin" part..

carb cycle is the only way to go IMO.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Mirin - ghey slang term meaning 'admiring' popularized by the Zyzz culture.

mirin=admiring jk

So IF that is you, Im guessing it was taken a long time ago and you did a shit load of work, right?

mirin=admiring jk

So IF that is you, Im guessing it was taken a long time ago and you did a shit load of work, right?
    i thought about playing it out longer but yes that is me from a year ago.. pretty sexy guy huh??

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    thats one heck of a spreadsheet man! too much info IMO. makes me go cross eyed!

personally i dont like ur set-up. i cant say with any degree of accuracy how effective it will or will not be because i dont run my carb cycles that way.

IMO one of the best things about a cutting carb cycle is the opportunity afforded to take advantage of glycogen depletion. the way u have urs set up IMO this will not be possible. it takes me 2 days and 10-12sets 15reps at 45-60secs per set per body part to deplete muscle glycogen. u want this to occur to force ur body to burn body fat for fuel.

i prefer and can only really advise u on the following cycles:

day1-3: no/veggie only
    day4: high
    day 5-7: moderate

or

day1-3.75: no/veggie only
    day 3.75-4: high
    day5-7: moderate

(this is what im doing and is the model for ud2.0) <<-- also what i recommend
    There's no way to tell if glycogen is depleted is there? hell yeh i'll give the first option a shot, im about 20 pages into ud2.0 now and the books freakin awesome so far

So do you think i should save no carb/veggie only days for non training days? i train monday-friday / sat & sunday are off, i read somewhere putting no carb days back to back isnt the best of ideas..

Quote Originally Posted by eazyduzit View Post
    There's no way to tell if glycogen is depleted is there? hell yeh i'll give the first option a shot, im about 20 pages into ud2.0 now and the books freakin awesome so far

So do you think i should save no carb/veggie only days for non training days? i train monday-friday / sat & sunday are off, i read somewhere putting no carb days back to back isnt the best of ideas..
    no carb days back to back is the best way IMO to get the best results due to glycogen depletion. keep reading the entire book and u will understand what im talkn about. i read the whole thing in one sitting.. im tired and will get back to u manana..

No worries hombre! just got up to the interesting stuff, i'll have it finished in a few hours, i can sense that this is going to open up a whole new gym world for me, woot sick of my old diets!

Red face

alright so i sat down most of today and finished reading UD2.0, and what a read it was! thanks for reccomending 405/baseline!
    Now i've got notes written down as well for future reference so i dont have to keep going back to the book, figured out my numbers and started writing up a diet... But lost interest half way as it's 1:30am where i am and seriosuly cant be ****ed looking at the word "diet" or "carbohydrate" one more time today... lol I've added what diet i have so far at the link at the bottom, ill probably start a log thread too next week when i start to keep you guys up to speed..

I'm moving the days forward one day, so its going to be:

Monday: Depletion/Low carb Low Calorie
    Tuesday: Depletion/Low carb Low Calorie
    Wednesday: Cardio/Low carb Low Calorie
    Thursday: Maybe Cardio/Low carb Low Calorie
    Friday: High Intenisty AM/Begin carb-load
    Saturday: Power workout/Just under maintenece cals
    Sunday: Maybe cardio/Just under maintenence cals

He states in the book that its fine to do this, but getting in 1000grams of carbs straight after a crazy gym session, sleeping then doing a power workout seems a bit odd, i'd be able to handle it but yeah

Here are my exact stats:

80kg (176lb)
    15.5%BF
    LBM=67kg roughly i think

So roughly my low calorie days will look like this:

Low Carb/Cal days
    Protein 1g/lb 176g
    Carbs (20% total Cal.) 65g
    Fat 37g
    Total 1293

Carb load day

Carbs LBM*7.. 147*7 1043g
    Protein 176*1g 176g
    Fat 40-50g

Total 5276cal

I really don't know how i'm going to eat all those carbs in 5 meals after my High intensity workout on friday morning! Ill try and see how much i can eat, but the book says get all the carbs in within 24 hours so i can always spill over into the next mornings meal 1? thoughts?

Saturday/Sunday

Carbs 200g
    Protein 176g
    Fat 45g
    Total 1900cal

So these are the numbers i came up with, seems alright?

Oh and another thing, i have been taking clen for a week up until now, think its a good idea to stop now and wait till next weeks diet begins fresh? maybe get some benadryl clean the receptors?
    It's fine to take clen all days besides carb load day right?

Cheeeeeers!

http://vorignet.zapto.org/diet.xls

I had to stop my eyes from popping out when Lyle said 4500-5500 calories on high days, nearly shat myself from excitement! Haven't gone all out like that since i started training years ago
    Last edited by eazyduzit; 09-11-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Eazy im busy most of the day but will look it thru later!

On ur day 4 u start the cArb load in the pm rite before ur HIT workout. I have 1300g carbs total over the entire 30hr carb load. Usually 300-400g in the pm of day 4 and the rest (900-1000g) day 5.

Ive got a fair amt of successful experience with this very diet so ill be able to help u out!

no worries 405 man when u got time, the spreadsheet is just extra info, the numbers in the post are mostly what i need verified

thats the thing i cant train thursday nights i got a class then, in the book he mentions for people that can't do thursday nights move the HIT to friday morning, then bein bulk cycle after training.. holy shit 1300g carbs lol!!

cheers bro this is probably the toughest diet i've looked at but seems like alot of fun

405's gotta be the only guy on this forum unfamiliar with the term "mirin" lol

Actually now that I think about it, I'm kind of jelly, I wish I'd never heard of mirin either.....

Lol, coming from sydney, that word got used and abused here to the point of no return! Count urself lucky 405!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    405's gotta be the only guy on this forum unfamiliar with the term "mirin" lol

Actually now that I think about it, I'm kind of jelly, I wish I'd never heard of mirin either.....
    sarge i live in my own little world man!

no worries 405 man when u got time, the spreadsheet is just extra info, the numbers in the post are mostly what i need verified

thats the thing i cant train thursday nights i got a class then, in the book he mentions for people that can't do thursday nights move the HIT to friday morning, then bein bulk cycle after training.. holy shit 1300g carbs lol!!

cheers bro this is probably the toughest diet i've looked at but seems like alot of fun
    heres another option and the one i prefer (if itll work for u). instead of moving the workout and subsequent carb load to day 5 how bout start ur day 1 on tuesday?

i did this the first time i went thru and it worked out well. while Lyle says the adjustment can be done IMO its not as good as doing it the way he originally intended. so itd look like this:

day1: tues - low/ am fasted cardio
    day2: wed - low/ am fasted cardio
    day3: thu - low/ am fasted cardio
    day4: fri - am low, fasted cardio/ pm start carb load after HIT wkout (take about 40g carbs pre w/o)
    day5: sat - HIGH - off
    day6: sun - moderate/ power wkout
    day7: mon - am moderate/pm back to low/ pm cardio (to start depletion)

this is how i do it.

ill chek ur numbers..

i went a bit above the call of duty with u here but since ur running the same diet as me figd id go thru it for u.

ur low and high carb days look fine.

keep this in mind: at 1043g carbs u have from PWO day 4 thru bed time day 5 to eat them all. it usually takes me about 10 meals.. i try to get in 2 or 3 meals PWO day 4 and then another 6-7 meals day 5.

day6:
    2112 cals (20% reduction coming from carbs only)
    264g carbs
    165g pro
    44g fat

day7:
    2112cals (20% reduction)
    223g carbs (1.5g per lb LBM (148.72lbs LBM))
    148g pro (1g per lb LBM)
    70g fat (rest of cals from fat)

on my PWO meals day 4 after HIT workout i allow myself 2 big bowls cereal which accomplishes 300g carbs fairly easily (and pleasurably i might add )

carb load day i get most of em from pasta and bagels and switch to more complex choices (oats, oat pancakes) as the day progresses. the primary focus is to hit ur 1043g.. try to limit sugar intake to close to 100g..

let me know what u think..

thanks 405, i appreciate it man

went and picked up all the goodies today, MCT oil, glutamine, creatine, egg whites, 6 kgs of chicken for a week and a half, veggies etc, pretty much got all material things needed!

Also changed the days around to what u said, makes more sense that way. changed the numbers around too, just have to figure out exactly what im going to be eating on carb load, most probably just shitloads of special k cereal, oats, pasta, and brown rice! Cant wait to dig in ill chuck up the diet if u or anyone else feels like taking a look at it, its looking pretty solid now and almost g2g!

I know that creatine loading on loading days is okay (20g throughout the day(s)) But Lyle dosen't mention about taking creatine on any other days, would it be okay to take about 5g a day or would it be defeating the purpose of depletion?

another thing im confused about is veggies, should those count towards carb intake? :P

Cheeers again homie!

http://vorignet.zapto.org/Altereddiet.xls

thanks 405, i appreciate it man

went and picked up all the goodies today, MCT oil, glutamine, creatine, egg whites, 6 kgs of chicken for a week and a half, veggies etc, pretty much got all material things needed!

where did u find mct oil?

Also changed the days around to what u said, makes more sense that way. changed the numbers around too, just have to figure out exactly what im going to be eating on carb load, most probably just shitloads of special k cereal, oats, pasta, and brown rice! Cant wait to dig in ill chuck up the diet if u or anyone else feels like taking a look at it, its looking pretty solid now and almost g2g!

I know that creatine loading on loading days is okay (20g throughout the day(s)) But Lyle dosen't mention about taking creatine on any other days, would it be okay to take about 5g a day or would it be defeating the purpose of depletion?

i take creatine on the days specified only.

another thing im confused about is veggies, should those count towards carb intake? :P

when are u speaking? during the low days, moderate days, or load days? personally (and this may make it easier for u) due to the fact that i eat so many veggies on days 1-4 i do not eat any veggies during carb load: 1. cuz they just arent that good 2. i need all the room in my stomach for the regular tasty carbs.

as a matter of fact i only eat veggies days 1-4 and NOT days 5-7. remember this is a temporary diet designed for cutting and not a lifestyle diet so i dont worry too much about it. i fig since im eating 1kg veggies each day 4 days per week, screw it the other 3! LOL..

Cheeers again homie!

http://vorignet.zapto.org/Altereddiet.xls
    hope this helps..

Walked into my usual supp store to grab the creatine/glutamine with no intention of finding MCT oil in any shops, and there it was on the shelf glowing! The supp store is called Mr. Vitamins, here are the two brands they had

http://www.mrvitamins.com.au/melrose-500ml-p-9361.html
    http://www.purewellness.net.au/produ...ceride-detail\
    I have the latter, but cost me $9 instead of $18 on that website.

hahah 1kg a day holy fuk! I meant on the low carb days, do u count that 1kg toward your carb intake or do u have starches as well as the veggies?

P.s Sacking veggies on loading days is a good idea definitley going to need the room in my stomach!

Low days = veggie only. NO STARCH

Np, you the man

Thread Information