cordawg is offline New Member

My Diet, suggestions?

Hey guys just thought I'd post my diet here and see if anybody has any suggestions, I personally think my diet is far from perfect but on the right track, but theres always something everyone else knows that I dont I'm thinking my carb intake is too high and am sure some of you will agree. Ive made decent gains following this diet pretty closely, mainly lean mass too, but on the other hand there are some unclean gains. It may just be something I have to accept as I am bulking, and in reality I'm gaining and not getting fat, but you know, if theres ways to minimize any unclean gains with any diet tweaks you may have I'm all ears... or eyes

Height: 5' 11"
    Weight: 205lbs
    BF: 12% (is my best educated guess)
    Training: 5 days/week heavy low rep weight training, 10 mins in gym cardio/day (my job keeps my heart rate in "fat loss" zone for decent portions of the day, plus im trying to bulk, so besides cardiovascular health am not to interested in cardio at this precise moment)

BMI: 2050 cal
    Total Daily Calories: 2400-2600
    Total Daily Carbs: 310g
    Total Daily Protein: 233g
    Total Daily Fat: 54g

7 am - Mass Gainer Shake (+ multi vitamin and fish oils)
    8 am - 5 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 slice flax seed bread, 100ml greek yogurt w/ oats, 1/2 grapefruit
    1000am - 1/2 chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 avocado
    NOON - 1/2 (approx 3-4 oz) salmon filet, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/4 cup black beans, 1/4 cup chopped spinach
    2 pm - Anything left over from the 10 am and noon meals, + 1/2 sweet potato
    6 pm - (my most fluxuating meal) 8-10 oz steak, chicken, or salmon, 1 white potato OR 1/2 cup brown rice OR 3/4 cup whole grain pasta, 1/2 green pepper, 4-6 asparagus spears
    8 pm - 1/2 sweet potato (+ multi vitamin and fish oils)
    9 pm - GYM
    1030 pm - whey protein shake, 1 white potato
    Last edited by cordawg; 09-13-2012 at 02:23 PM.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cordawg
    Hey guys just thought I'd post my diet here and see if anybody has any suggestions, I personally think my diet is far from perfect but on the right track, but theres always something everyone else knows that I dont I'm thinking my carb intake is too high and am sure some of you will agree. Ive made decent gains following this diet pretty closely, mainly lean mass too, but on the other hand there are some unclean gains. It may just be something I have to accept as I am bulking, and in reality I'm gaining and not getting fat, but you know, if theres ways to minimize any unclean gains with any diet tweaks you may have I'm all ears... or eyes

Height: 5' 11"
    Weight: 205lbs
    BF: 12% (is my best educated guess)
    Training: 5 days/week heavy low rep weight training, 10 mins in gym cardio/day (my job keeps my heart rate in "fat loss" zone for decent portions of the day, plus im trying to bulk, so besides cardiovascular health am not to interested in cardio at this precise moment)

7 am - Mass Gainer Shake
    8 am - 5 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 slice flax seed bread, 100ml greek yogurt w/ oats
    1000am - 1/2 chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 avocado
    NOON - 1/2 (approx 3-4 oz) salmon filet, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/4 cup black beans
    2 pm - Anything left over from the 10 am and noon meals, + 1/2 sweet potato
    6 pm - (my most fluxuating meal) 8-10 oz steak, chicken, or salmon, 1 white potato OR 1/2 cup brown rice OR 3/4 cup whole grain pasta
    8 pm - 1/2 sweet potato
    9 pm - GYM
    1030 pm - whey protein shake, 1 white potato
    What are the macros and total cals on this plan?

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    ^^

plus no veg? fibrous carbs? youre bulking right?

gimme a sec to gather the macros, and as for veg, ill edit it into the post above... although im not as consistent with it as i should be, I probably shouldnt have left it out altogether seeing i do eat my veggies sorry guys, ill edit and repost

alright i made revisions to my post above, added my daily macronutrient intake, and veggies i eat on a somewhat regular basis

what's your tdee?

that seems a bit light for a bulking diet with your stats

and i would include broccoli anywhere you need a veg (best veg on the planet) this is personal preference but it really is a fantastic fibrous veg/carb

WELL... I just looked up my TDEE... dammit im VERY far off its 3928

I put on weight from 185-205 with this diet and notice the start of a standstill.. so i suppose its up with the calories now... damn it, some days i have a hard time eating all that ^

your tdee is almost 4k cals? do you run to work and back?? lol

whatever you tdee is up your cals 3-500.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox
    what's your tdee?

that seems a bit light for a bulking diet with your stats

and i would include broccoli anywhere you need a veg (best veg on the planet) this is personal preference but it really is a fantastic fibrous veg/carb
    My thoughts as well. 2600 is light IMO.
    I'm bulking at 4500 per day and trying to push it a bit higher. Calculating your TDEE is important so you know the minimum cals to maintain your current weight.....which will show you how much above that to eat for solid lean gains.

well if i gotta up the calories then im definatley worried more about unwanted unclean weight gains... i suppose ill aim for 4000 cals and just up my weekly cardio? yes? no?

Quote Originally Posted by cordawg View Post
    WELL... I just looked up my TDEE... dammit im VERY far off its 3928

I put on weight from 185-205 with this diet and notice the start of a standstill.. so i suppose its up with the calories now... damn it, some days i have a hard time eating all that ^
    woah just noticed that. this is impossible if your tdee is over 24-2600 cals. you better take a closer look at how active you really are. most people over estimate their activity level.

lol I work as a drywall finisher, its expected to move at a quick pace all day long pushing tools etc. I can definatley say on most days i have a constant sweat and elevated heart rate going on

well if i gotta up the calories then im definatley worried more about unwanted unclean weight gains... i suppose ill aim for 4000 cals and just up my weekly cardio? yes? no?
    you can't just randomly pick a number lol. you need to KNOW what your tdee is so that you can increase or decrease cals to gain or lose.

lol I work as a drywall finisher, its expected to move at a quick pace all day long pushing tools etc. I can definatley say on most days i have a constant sweat and elevated heart rate going on
    look at the size of MuscleInk...he's a monster and hes' bulking at 4500! yes i know everyone's metabolism is different...but not THAT different lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    you can't just randomly pick a number lol. you need to KNOW what your tdee is so that you can increase or decrease cals to gain or lose.
    this is what a tdee calculator told me... i figured it was lower for sure.... i just went with it. But i agree with you it must be lower than that

this is what a tdee calculator told me... i figured it was lower for sure.... i just went with it. But i agree with you it must be lower than that
    you chose the wrong activity level. or perhaps the calculator didn't allow for that option?

try to find an online calculator that allows you to chose your own activity level. it's a little more accurate.

got a good tdee calculator suggestion... evryone i use (and yes im being conservative with my energy expenditures while filling it out) averages at 4000 cals

One said 3250... that seems more right to me, but you said you have to KNOW, and with them all spitting out different answers it makes it tricky to know

4000 cals isn't that tough and clean eating is pretty easy. Just takes some creative planning.

Google "anabolic Cookbook". It has a great collection of recipes for fish, chicken, beef, salads, sides, etc. Each meal lists macros and total calories and there are about 180+ pages of food selections.

It's written by BB, Dave Ruel.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Google "anabolic Cookbook". It has a great collection of recipes for fish, chicken, beef, salads, sides, etc. Each meal lists macros and total calories and there are about 180+ pages of food selections.

It's written by BB, Dave Ruel.
    Thanks Ink I'm gonna do that right now, ps, your a beast

fyi...its an e-book. no physical book arrives at your door. 186 pages if you print it off. nothing wrong with any of this, just pointing it out.

Thread Information