nothingnewyet is offline New Member

Sorting through all the info...

Son of a.... Man, I wrote up a HUUUGE hello and tossed a URL to my intro post in the new members section... only to hit submit and realize I'm not allowed to do so because I've not posted 25 times. Talk about frustration...

So where to start, again. So I've already introduced myself elsewhere, but won't link ya to it this time. I'm writing on behalf of my GF and myself. She is on the board, but plans to stick to protein, nutrition and working out. I've the intent to push on with the forums namesake, but would rather feel more comfortable with my dieting plan first.

My stats: 169lbs, 5'8", 29 years old, 10% BF (Or so a 7 site calculation told me; however, looking down I'd say I'm well above that). My BMR is 1785.27 and TDEE is 2767.17.

GF's stats: 130lbs, 5'6", 26 years old, 16% BF. Her BMR is 1408.5 and TDEE is 2112.75.

We're both fairly active, both military. We conduct physical training in the morning, and when we can, again in the afternoon. I will amend with a food diary as we begin to track our food. We're fairly good... or atleast KNOW enough to be fairly good; however, we're clearly failing.

I downloaded a program called Crosstrainer to track a lot of info, including our meals. I had Crosstrainer 6 a long time ago and found it useful; however, this new version 7 is buggy as all hell. Based on some of the readings here, we're looking at a 40/40/20 plan I believe. Though, if someone comes on here and suggests something else I'd be more than willing to read and learn. She is comfortable with her weight, just wants to burn a bit of fat. I want to burn fat, but also gain more muscle mass (contradictory, I am aware).

Anyways, hello, and this is where we are at! (Please don't believe this all on me again...)

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to the board mate!
    Although this is kind of a funny place, in the nutrition section to do it. 40/40/20 is a starting point. But then you would adjust based on your goals. And you'll find that for one a 40/40/20 is sufficient for bulking, and in another, they may have to increase carbs to gain. It's all over the place because we are all over the place (different).
    This board offers alot, and it definately takes awhile to absorb. There are still some shadowy corners I have yet to explore......
    Cheers!
    ---Roman

Thanks, Roman.

I didn't mean the post to come across entirely as an intro, but more of an intro in how we intend to tackle our diet. Sorry if I've thrown a bit of a wrench into the way this forum works.

I think the biggest challenge so far is the calorie counting and trying to setup a meal plan (diet) that allows for 6 meals and meets the 40/40/20 along with meeting our calorie requirements. Not easy to plan out a weeks worth of food in an afternoon. Once we figure it out though, should be aces. We can prepare everything on Sunday and have the week rolling like a champ.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    pm me once you get your 50 posts and I can email you an excel spreadsheet that self calculates your dialy macros plus a bunch of other data (cholesterol, for example)

not allowed to post your email on the open board. have to do it with a pm

Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing it. We're using Crosstrainer as I said, and it does a pretty good job breaking it all down. We're going on a 6 meal a day process, working hard to eat smaller portions. Makes it a bit easier, but it's interesting since I'm used to having a "full" feeling after I eat and right now, that is not quite the case! This morning was a simple meal, scrambled eggs and half a bagel.

Well... I can say that trying to build up a meal plan is proving to be most difficult. We've purchased a food scale to help out, but all in all... just trying to DESIGN a food plan is not easy. Going to give it a more dedicated go this weekend with the hopes that all groceries can be bought on Saturday and all the cooking for the week can be done on Sunday. Up at 0530 for morning fitness training and not getting home until 1700 is definitely throwing a wrench in preparation.

stpete is offline Banned
    Welcome. Diet was the hardest to figure out for me too. I still struggle w/it from time to time.

Good Luck

Thread Information