hobnob is offline Associate Member

if you dont eat high carbs can you still build muscle mass yes ?

just wondering if youi only have 2 high carb meals a day like breakfast and post workout and then in the other meals just having veggies like brocoli or green peas can you still build muscle mass at a good rate ?

Super-Chump is offline Associate Member
    Macro timing is a complicated area but the short answer is yes, you can. I'd have some carbs pre-workout too to help fuel your workout (assuming that your breakfast isn't your pre-workout meal)

AZGOLDSMEMBER86 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hobnob
    just wondering if youi only have 2 high carb meals a day like breakfast and post workout and then in the other meals just having veggies like brocoli or green peas can you still build muscle mass at a good rate ?
    well those 2meals are most important , this method is good for lean mass. also if yoir metabolism is too fast it can be catabolic ..so id play with the diet for about 3 weeks keep a log and let us know.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    It just depends on what your eating.... Timing is not going to make a load of difference.... Just hit ur daily macro goals and ur g2g

hobnob is offline Associate Member
    sweet cheers for the input

johnnylucifer is offline Junior Member
    Also, the answer will be different for different people. If you are the ecto type, ie.e naturally skinny, I think you'll need a lot more carbs.

I'm a meso, so really easy for me to maintain and build muscle. I have a friend though that is just the opposite. I swear, dude will loose muscle if he skips a single meal. He has to have a huge calorie surplus to put on muscle. I can gain muscle on a deficit...I can also pack on the fat really quick if if don't watch it.

So, to be honest, the best person to ask your question to is yourself! You can learn so much from treating yourself like an experiment...in the sense of meticulous observation and documentation.

pasha is offline Associate Member
    for me to build lean the carbs are in the morning and after workout... thats g2g!

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Still need carbs to grow. How much really depends on you. I did a low carb bulk before and it gained some LBM.

I think the best bulk would come from a low fat, high protein and average carb(you would have to see how your body responds).

That's my plan for my next bulk. Of course the important part is your diet is clean. A carb from brown rice or oats is a whole lot different than a carb from bread or pizza.

Thread Information