njs
    njs is offline Junior Member

Eating in the morning

I have always had a hard time eating in the morning. I have a shake but wish i had a better appetite. When i realized i was not getting what i need in the morning i focused on eating later at night. I know eating at night is not the best because your body is more likely to store fat. I am wondering if anyone else does this or anyone know a way to have a better appetite in the morning.

upN. is offline Junior Member
    Same problem here, I can't even drink my damn shake

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Hit your macro's and calories. Eating at night is no worse than eating in the morning, all else being equal.

I used to loathe breakfast but I just got into a habit!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

stpete is offline Banned
    Do you have coffee or any other stimulant in the morning? If so, i'd wait on those till eating. Otherwise, a shake is much better than nothing.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Hit your macro's and calories. Eating at night is no worse than eating in the morning, all else being equal.

I used to loathe breakfast but I just got into a habit!
    Like SteM says, you need to establish a habit. Years ago I used to skip breakfast for a coffee or six! Now my day starts with an 800 calorie shake. About 60-90 mins later I have some ezekiel bread and almond butter with some eggs or rolled oats and raisins. Just start doing it and the habit will form.

EngineeredMayhem is offline New Member
    When first getting into the habit I found eating much easier when I included lots of fluids, other than water, into the meal. I prefer skim milk but you could always go with some sort of fruit juice or coffee if you like that sort of thing.

Kawaboy is offline New Member
    Try going for a short jog or somthing I always found myself starving after a quick run

fatman225 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by njs View Post
    I have always had a hard time eating in the morning. I have a shake but wish i had a better appetite. When i realized i was not getting what i need in the morning i focused on eating later at night. I know eating at night is not the best because your body is more likely to store fat. I am wondering if anyone else does this or anyone know a way to have a better appetite in the morning.
    I have a simple rule I now go by, because OCD type eating only got me fat in the past.

Fatman's Maxim: When you are not hungry, don't eat.

Now if someone already has really low bodyfat and needs more total calories in the day, then you do what you got to in order to get them in. If you are not under 10% bodyfat, then this rule applies. Force feeding is a bad idea.

Also, as it turns out, eating at night is really a non-issue.

IF type of eating is NOT for everyone, but some of the basic priciples anyone can use. One of them is knowing that skipping a meal, or a specific time of meal is not going to hurt us.

Thread Information