nkyle90 is offline Associate Member

Cool --**--NKyle90's Progress/Accountability Log--**--

Ok so I figured it's time to quit messing around and really get serious with my diet and training. With my shoulder nearing 90% functionality after the TB-500, I figure now is the best time to start.

I'll start by giving a break down of who I am and what I'd like to accomplish

Weight: 210
    Height: 6'3"
    Bodyfat: between 16 and 20% I'll post a picture as soon as I get someone to take it for me so you can help me decide
    Training experience: on and off weightlifting from 7th grade until now, sports up until Junior in high school. Really got serious about lifting 2 years ago and after about a year of learning what and what not to do I've been training hard ever since.

Past Dieting: I've always struggled with accepting bodyfat on myself so I always thought cutting was the way to go for me. I have finally come to the conclusion that before I can lose the fat I need to gain some substantial muscle first. Nowhere to go but up.

Training Schedule: 3 Weeks ago I switched up my training to 3 days on 1 day off. So out of a 7 day spread I have one rest day in the middle.
    Day 1 consists of Chest, Triceps, and Calves
    Day 2 Consists of Back, Biceps, and Abdominals
    Day 3 consists of Legs, and Shoulders

I try and focus on compound movents when training. I Squat, Deadlift, Barbell Row, and Bench Press. I also do other isolation movements such as Dumbell curls and Tricep extensions

I am very strict on my eating habits, I do slip up here and there, but overall I have no problem passing up the junk food and booze.

As for my macros I've been working my way up instead of messing with using a formula for finding my TDEE
    I started at 2000 calories 3 weeks ago and now am at 2400 calories.

My breakdown: 50% Protein, 30% Carbohydrate, 20% Fat

My Goal is to put on Lean Muscle while minimizing fat gain (what do you know, doesn't everyone want that?)

Foods that I regularly eat are:
    Beef, Chicken Breast, Tuna, Tilapia, Eggs, and Egg Whites
    Brown Rice, Yams, and Whole Oats,
    Walnuts, Almonds
    Broccoli, Spinach, Celery

Supplements that I take are: Whey protein Isolate and Creatine along with my weekly TB-500

I am definitely looking for advice and any suggestions you guys might have, I'm an all ears kind of person and look forward to using this log to keep myself on track and getting to know everyone a bit better.

I will post a sample meal plan immediately Following

nkyle90 is offline Associate Member
    Sample Meal Plan:

Meal 1:

1.5 Cup Brown Rice
    10 oz chicken

Meal 2:

1.5 Cup Brown Rice
    6oz Chicken

Meal 3

2 Whey Isolate
    1 banana

Meal 4 (post workout)

1 can tuna
    2 whey Isolate
    1/4 cup whole oats

Meal 5

6oz tilapia
    1 cup spinach
    and a scoop of calorie free fiber supplement

Macros:
    Protein: 332.4
    Carb: 189
    Fat: 37.05
    Calories: 2419

I know I've been relying alot on shakes lately to help even out my macros

I need to find a way to evenly balance my carbs early in the morning, and protein and fat throughout the day

Thanks for checking this out!

Thread Information