copaaz is offline Junior Member

Critique my diet

A little about me first.

38 yo
    6'2
    272 lbs
    23% BF
    210 lean muscle

Two previous cycles 14 years ago... excellent gains got massive and my diet wasn't dialed in 100%, maybe 80%. With that said, here is my diet. Be honest, provide feedback as to making it better. Thank you!

7am

Grits 1.25 cups
    1 scope Dymatize Elite xT
    7 egg whites
    whole wheat bread (1)

Pre-workout

Dextrose (20g)
    creatine, yada yada yada and others

10am
    Post workout

1 scope Dymatize Elite xT
    Dextrose (40g)
    Sirloin Tip (6oz)
    Brown Rice (1 cup cooked)

12:30

Cod (6oz)
    Brown Rice (.75 cup)
    Peanut Butter (2 tbls)

3pm

Grilled Chicken (8oz)
    Brown Rice (.75 cups)

5:30

Cod (6oz)
    Brown Rice (1 cup)

8pm

cod (6oz)

10:30

3 scope Dymatize Elite XT
    Flax seed oil
    __________________________________________________ ______________

3540 cals
    85 fats
    306 carbs
    395 protein.

I know the first thing that will be mentioned is where are the greens? Well frankly I do not eat them and I will not eat them. I understand this is going to make some of your heads spin until they detach but it's just the way it's going to be and if you have some positive suggestion.

Based on my BMR I think I'm supposed to be around 4400 cals but I just don't know how to get me cals up without taking my carbs up higher and I thought that they are high enough as it is (what do you say?) Any advise?
    Last edited by copaaz; 11-15-2012 at 12:10 PM.

lestat85 is offline Associate Member
    4400 cals seems high to me. Are you trying to bulk? If you use a 40/40/20 (protein/carb/fat) split, then more carbs is fine. They would be roughly equal to your protein. At 4400 cals, it would be 440/440/98.

Yes, I'm trying to bulk. I'll be doing a Sust/Deca /Dbol stack for 10 weeks with a frontload on the Sust and Deca.

Before starting your cycle, you should try and get your bf% down to 15 or less. Risk of sides increases with higher bf%.

Other than that, eat big. 4400 cals isn't too hard to hit with a 40/40/20 split. Try and get as much of your macros from whole foods rather than supplements.

I'm ok with my BF where it is. I'll be hitting Nolv and Clomid so I think I'm good there. I hide the weight well and it doesn't show when I'm clothed. People say I look like I would be around 230.

The suggestion wasn't about how you look, but rather that the risk of sides increases with higher bf%. That said, it doesn't mean that you'll see worse sides, only that the risk is increased. Since this isn't your first cycle, you should have a pretty good idea how your body will react and the decision is ultimately up to you.

Nolva and Clomid are for recovering your natural test production, not preventing/reversing sides.

Just remember, it's all about diet and training. Eat big and train hard.

Yes, sorry I meant to say I will be taking .5 Arimidex ed for the duration of the cycle.

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    I'm having trouble figuring out how this is 3540 calories. I'd be interested to see a breakdown by meal.

I would drop the 3 scoops of dymatize before bed and have some lean beef instead. How much of the dymatize is actually casein?

well according to LiveStrong the numbers add up. I've entered all of the information in there and double-checked to ensure it is correct. I've edited it and now I stand at 3700 cals.

Thread Information