stpete is offline Banned

Carb shake from the kitchen

I've been through the Recipe Section over the years and have used some of the recipes. Unfortunately, i didn't see any recent carb shake recipes. I haven't bought protein/carb powder in several years cause i have no problem meeting my goals via whole foods.

But, i'm running some slin right now and looking to add a carb shake. Off the top of my head i'm thinking oats, milk, banana, peanut butter, yogurt and eggs? Need some protein in there as well. The preferred shake would have roughly 60-80 carbs, 30-40 protein and very minimal fats.

Doesn't have to be the tastiest drink on earth as long as it hits requirements.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Cottage cheese is a protein staple in my home made shakes. Your milk and banana should negate the need for any additional 'sweetener' but I add a little truvia to mine.

CC is a better option than (raw) eggs in view if its better bioavailability although it is a slower digesting protein than eggs, if that makes a difference to you!?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

stpete is offline Banned
    It does. CC works. Thanks, Stem.

DanB is offline Banned
    Im going to use the basic, scoop whey, 120g oats, 5eggs 2 yolks, strawberrys, bananna, ice, blend it up, nothing ground breaking but cheap and tasty

I use water and just a small splash of milk and its still nice, the eggs thicken it up, with all milk its delicious but me and milk dont get along well, lactose intollerant or something because after drinking say a litre a day for a week then the acne of face begins to break out, even off cycle
    Last edited by DanB; 12-31-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Thread Information