Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"

Protein digestion

My wife has been complaining for sometime about protein digestion. She eats pretty clean and has a high protein diet. Ater consuming protein (both animal and shakes) she gets a very upset stomach. Lot's of rumbeling noise and more frequesnt and softer bowl movements!

She loves being on a higher protein diet but is tired of how it's making her stomach feel?

Any thoughts on why or solutions???

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1
    My wife has been complaining for sometime about protein digestion. She eats pretty clean and has a high protein diet. Ater consuming protein (both animal and shakes) she gets a very upset stomach. Lot's of rumbeling noise and more frequesnt and softer bowl movements!

She loves being on a higher protein diet but is tired of how it's making her stomach feel?

Any thoughts on why or solutions???
    How much protein is she ingesting?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    How's her fibre (soluble and insoluble) intake?

Is she on whey isolate?

Can she pinpoint what animal proteins do this?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    a high protein diet, animal and shake, tends to clean out our good bacteria so I supplement with a probiotic every day. This has helped me tremendously in absorption and digestion. Less bloat and gas.

Quote Originally Posted by chi
    a high protein diet, animal and shake, tends to clean out our good bacteria so I supplement with a probiotic every day. This has helped me tremendously in absorption and digestion. Less bloat and gas.
    This is where I was headed. If I eat too much protein it does this too me and makes my poop so hard it hurts coming out. Don't have enough digestive enzymes to process it and passes it to the intestines without being fully digested.

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    This is where I was headed. If I eat too much protein it does this too me and makes my poop so hard it hurts coming out. Don't have enough digestive enzymes to process it and passes it to the intestines without being fully digested.
    Right on. In my early twenties I was consuming a surplus of protein and I will never forgot the cramps I had because of the lack of good bacteria. It literally had me curled up in a ball from the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by chi

Right on. In my early twenties I was consuming a surplus of protein and I will never forgot the cramps I had because of the lack of good bacteria. It literally had me curled up in a ball from the pain.
    Same here, trying to get calories while dropping carbs and keeping fat low is literally a pain lol

Lunk-
    I know she prolly don't wanna talk To u about it but r her BM soft or hard or nonexistent?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Read post 696 from Phate who talks about this...

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...8#.UO70mxwU66Y

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    and post 707
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

How much protein is she ingesting?
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    How's her fibre (soluble and insoluble) intake?

Is she on whey isolate?

Can she pinpoint what animal proteins do this?
    Not sure on the fibre intake Stem. She has a decent diet with high protein and mainly complex carbs. I know her vegetable intake needs to increase!

Her shakes are just standard whey. Usually 1 or 2 per day (1 scoop compared to my 2)

All of them..last night it was fish but red meat and chicken all have the same effect!

She fights hypoglicemia so she uses a shake or 2 to supplement

Same here, trying to get calories while dropping carbs and keeping fat low is literally a pain lol

Lunk-
    I know she prolly don't wanna talk To u about it but r her BM soft or hard or nonexistent?
    She isn't shy lol. She normally has delt with bowel movement issues where she may have one only once every 3 days or so and become very bloated and (full)

When consuming higher protein she has 2 or 3 a day and it is soft for the most part.

She isn't shy lol. She normally has delt with bowel movement issues where she may have one only once every 3 days or so and become very bloated and (full)

When consuming higher protein she has 2 or 3 a day and it is soft for the most part.
    Doesn't sound like a digestion issue to me, I think stem may b on the right path here. Have her start eating some quinoa in place of some carbs. Maybe even some fibersure.

Last night for example she had some fish for a late supper...an hour later her stomach was so loud I could hear it acroos the room. She then feels the need for a BM like one would with an upset stomach!

Again..thisis from all protein sources as far as I am aware!

Last night for example she had some fish for a late supper...an hour later her stomach was so loud I could hear it acroos the room. She then feels the need for a BM like one would with an upset stomach!

Again..thisis from all protein sources as far as I am aware!
    Kinda sounds like she's eating like a carnivorous man. I religiously poop 3 or 4 times a day, set ur clock on it lol maybe she just needs to get used to it jk

Kinda sounds like she's eating like a carnivorous man. I religiously poop 3 or 4 times a day, set ur clock on it lol maybe she just needs to get used to it jk
    She eats like a BB. She has to eat often and maintain high protein and complex carbs for the hypo! She doesn't mind the BM just the horrable stomach sounds during digestion. She works in close proximity of her clients and they can hear her stomach digesting from 20ft away!

She eats like a BB. She has to eat often and maintain high protein and complex carbs for the hypo! She doesn't mind the BM just the horrable stomach sounds during digestion. She works in close proximity of her clients and they can hear her stomach digesting from 20ft away!
    Haha try some probiotics and see how that works, or try and systematically try and pinpoint what's causing it

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Try and work out her fibre intake. What type of complex carbs we talking and has she upped her carbs recently?

Switch her normal whey to an isolate.

Has she been tested for any food allergies?

Average daily fluid intake?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Update...after talking I found out her BM are sometimes near a dozen a day. They are very watery normaly. She is on a 60/20/20 and supplements with 1 shake a day!

She has no KNOWN food allergies and her fluid intake is very good! Her protein is a blend of whey concentrate, whey isolate and soy isolate

Her complex carb source is mainly brn rice and oats!

About an hour after consuming protein (especially the shake) her stomach gets bloated and very noisey during digestion! She gets gassy and is afraid of pooping herself from farting lol. (Thats the details I have to listen to lol)

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    maybe she's allergic to whey....has she been checked for IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)

Quote Originally Posted by cancer82 View Post
    maybe she's allergic to whey....has she been checked for IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
    She has used plenty of whey in the past...this product is nothing new to her! She has no bowl issues with eating crappy food that would normaly cause IBS. For example we spend NY in a hotel for 3 days and ate like shyt. Steaks, mexican, fast food, greasy breakfast and she acttually had reg. BM. Then she cleans back up and they problem returns.

I'm planning to have her drop the whey for a while and see how she goes. She really likes it to help with her hypoglicemia though!

She also did as suggested and picked up a probiotic today...we will throw a few things at it I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post

She has used plenty of whey in the past...this product is nothing new to her! She has no bowl issues with eating crappy food that would normaly cause IBS. For example we spend NY in a hotel for 3 days and ate like shyt. Steaks, mexican, fast food, greasy breakfast and she acttually had reg. BM. Then she cleans back up and they problem returns.

I'm planning to have her drop the whey for a while and see how she goes. She really likes it to help with her hypoglicemia though!

She also did as suggested and picked up a probiotic today...we will throw a few things at it I guess!
    :stomped: good luck

Quote Originally Posted by cancer82 View Post
    :stomped: good luck
    If you can think of anything else I'm all ears man. She is very unhappy about this!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post

If you can think of anything else I'm all ears man. She is very unhappy about this!
    ill see what the ol brain concocts lol

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I use a brand which I know isn't available in USA; it is a blend of 5 billion prebiotic and 5 billion probiotic GI bacteria; 1 capsule a day usually after my meal that includes 8-10 oz of red meat takes care of digestion.

I was using GNC Natural Brand Acidophilus 4 billion tabs when I was living in the States, I was very happy with that product also.

warlockjmr is offline Junior Member
    I started taking pro biotics because I have an intolerance to wheat and it helped a treat, stopped taking them when I cut out wheat from my diet and started getting the shits from the shakes I was on. Back onto shakes now and I'm back on the pro biotics and my stomach is having no problems what so ever.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    For those of you using them is there any specific pro biotic working better than another?

Thread Information