Thread: IF good or bad

Dougiefresh7707 is offline Senior Member

IF good or bad

Can someone giv me some input in what they think about IF and if you use this tell me how it's going please

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've been doing IF for 5 days now.

Decided to try it cause it fit my schedule and I like trying new shit. I eat twice a day, biggest meal pwo.
    Honestly so far, it's great. Might be to early to tell but, I have friends that swear by it.
    Sure makes planning my day easier only having two meals and no snacking inbetween

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've been eating 1000-1200 cals before bed, and I always get paranoid I'm going to wake up a blimp... Hasn't happened yet..
    Only going to run IF another 10 days cause then I am going on vacation for a week... Booya!

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    I always eat huge before bed. Wake up starving and feeling nausea im so hungry

AlinSR is offline new member
    I believe IF is just a fad.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    IF has its place in dieting of you need to cut a lot of fat. Or if you're cutting down in weight a lot. I have a friend that uses this to cut severely before his MMA fights.

With regard to bodybuilding, I'm not sure if it would sustain a large amount of muscle mass. This was mentioned by a few guys here in an older thread.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    IF has its place in dieting of you need to cut a lot of fat. Or if you're cutting down in weight a lot. I have a friend that uses this to cut severely before his MMA fights.

With regard to bodybuilding, I'm not sure if it would sustain a large amount of muscle mass. This was mentioned by a few guys here in an older thread.
    ^^ good post.

IMO, it depends on who you ask. Some people seem to respond very well, others hate it. In terms of lifestyle, I think it's an excellent protocol, especially for people who workout in the early afternoon. Basically you're skipping breakfast and then get to eat a few huge, satiating meals before going to bed (at which point the fast starts over). For people like me who workout early in the morning, it's a bit tougher to tweak, but I've managed to make it work for me both times I've run the diet.

I tend to agree with krugerr on it's effectiveness based on goals. It's obviously a very effective method for reducing bodyfat. I've never personally used it while trying to add muscle, but generally speaking, I can't see it being an optimal approach.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    IF may be an interesting method to try out for making lean gains though. u may sacrifice some muscle gain but depending how obsessive u are with body fat (im very obsessive) it might be worth it. i dont run IF every day. i suppose i do a type of IF but not the leangains approach. the idea behind the way i fast is i only fast on days i dont train, this allows me to eat very high cals on training days as well as stay lean eating food choices that otherwise might make me gain fat..

"IF" has u eat ur required cals everyday after u break the fast. i dont have a required amout of cals to eat, as a matter of fact i try to keep them as low as i can which will free up my choices on training days. this approach may not be attractive to some but it works for me and thats all i care about!

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have been doing IF for about a month now. Like others have said it would depend on your goals. I am trying to cut without loosing muscle. For me it is good and bad. The good: It broke my plateau and I dropped 4 pounds the first week. I stop eating at 7PM and don't eat again until 11AM. I do HIIT cardio at 5AM and then go to work. My first meal at 11AM is loaded with complex (starchy) carbs mainly brown rice and protein from fish or chicken, then taper off to green veggies and protein for last 4 meals. I feel good and have gotten leaner. The bad: I am fricking HUNGRY from about 8AM to 11AM. I try to fight off the hunger with water and hot green tea.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I - IF'd a carb cycle last year and I'm currently on it as well. Best diet I've ever been on for drastic fat loss while holding onto LBM. I have a log around here somewhere and the last half of it is me IF'ing a carb cycle.

rollingthunder is offline Associate Member
    IF is like many other diet and exercise approaches. apparently, some people have had good results using IF principles, others - not so much.

it is not magic, but some find it works well for them.

Thread Information