zimmaakaviper is offline Junior Member

math check on diet please?

20 years of age,weight: 90kg around 5ft 11" BF% 20-23%
    TDEE:3100 / DEFECT AROUND: 1100 / SO GOING WITH 2000, JUST TO LET YOU KNOW IM GOING WITH THIS DEFECT OF 1110 BECAUSE I DO A DESK JOB AND GO GYM ONCE A DAY FOR AROUND 1.5/2 HOUR'S A DAY FOR 5 DAYS A WEEK DOING BOTH WEIGHT TRAINING AND CARDIO
    IM GOING WITH 60 / 20 / 20
    SO THATS 300G 100G 45G

NOTE THIS IS MACROS ONLY :d FOOD WILL FOLLOW ONCE THIS IS ALL CORRECT

Meal1: 75g/30G/11G B4 GYM

Meal2: 75g/30G/11G AFTER GYM

Meal3: 75g/20G/11G LUNCH

Meal4: 75g/20G/11G DINNER
    Last edited by zimmaakaviper; 01-24-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    what do you do in the gym for 2 hours?

on top of that, id reduce the deficit to about 500 cals to start with.

what time are meal 1 and 2 in relation to your workout time?

around 45 min weight training rest cardio some times 50/50

food consumption times can depend as i work shifts so each week is not same as the last week

and i have been on a very strick calorie diet for past 2 week (i know not wise at all) i have only been consuming around 1000 calories a day
    should i still change deficit?

i would not recommend working out for 2 hours a day and only consuming 1000 calories, if your working out hard for 2 hours, theres a good chance your burning 1000 cals or greater. have you noticed a decrease in strength, shakinesss throughout the day, fuzzy thoughts?

your trying to get to a goal too fast, imo. it needs to be a slower process to preserve muscle and all in all well being. i would increase cals by 500 a day till you reach 2500/day.

crap....1000 cals....youve got to be hungry all the time...thats like a ham sandwich lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    i would not recommend working out for 2 hours a day and only consuming 1000 calories, if your working out hard for 2 hours, theres a good chance your burning 1000 cals or greater. have you noticed a decrease in strength, shakinesss throughout the day, fuzzy thoughts?

your trying to get to a goal too fast, imo. it needs to be a slower process to preserve muscle and all in all well being. i would increase cals by 500 a day till you reach 2500/day.

crap....1000 cals....youve got to be hungry all the time... that's like a ham sandwich lol
    i have been hungry but eating alot of fruit if i felt hungry id drink alot of water id have 1 main meal a day and its was all healthy and a small portion iv lost 1 stone in 2 weeks but iv just realise it was soooo wrong it isn't going to last and im slowing my metabolism down to much, so you say go with 2500 cals? i can do that and il spread it over 5 meals?

and as for side effect not so many erm blurry vision now and then and but quite awake until i sleep then i find it hard to maintain with 8 hours i have to have 12+

Quote Originally Posted by zimmaakaviper View Post
    i have been hungry but eating alot of fruit if i felt hungry id drink alot of water id have 1 main meal a day and its was all healthy and a small portion iv lost 1 stone in 2 weeks but iv just realise it was soooo wrong it isn't going to last and im slowing my metabolism down to much, so you say go with 2500 cals? i can do that and il spread it over 5 meals?

and as for side effect not so many erm blurry vision now and then and but quite awake until i sleep then i find it hard to maintain with 8 hours i have to have 12+
    if your trying to cut weight, stay away from the fruit or anything that has sugar in it. eating only 1000 cals a day, it probably wont convert to fat and be stored as fat, but it will be quickly processed into glucose as energy and used up, quickly. you definately need to increase your calories, 1000 cal is not a safe number, you def need to be up around the 2500 mark. as far as the meals, i feel its more or less about nutrient timing then how many times you eat a day, but until you learn more about that, then 5 meals of a well balanced diet will get you started on a good, HEALTHY, path.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    if your trying to cut weight, stay away from the fruit or anything that has sugar in it. eating only 1000 cals a day, it probably wont convert to fat and be stored as fat, but it will be quickly processed into glucose as energy and used up, quickly. you definately need to increase your calories, 1000 cal is not a safe number, you def need to be up around the 2500 mark. as far as the meals, i feel its more or less about nutrient timing then how many times you eat a day, but until you learn more about that, then 5 meals of a well balanced diet will get you started on a good, HEALTHY, path.

i know abit about nutrition like before gym i need more carbs and more fats for energy but like before i go bed try avoid carbs at all stuff like that well hopefully that's all the right info ahaahah

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    As I said in your other thread... Your bf is lower so your numbers will go up. As torn mentioned 2500cals may be a good place to start now but you need to decide on a bf and run with it! You will only know after around two weeks what your body requires

thanks i have posted my new macros in my cutting help thread now where i will be consuming 2600 hope its ok because i really need to start this soon

Thread Information