951thompson is offline Senior Member

question- when cutting, how many grams of sugar is an acceptable amount per day?

Just wondering peoples thought on how many grams of sugar per day you deem to be an acceptable amount when cutting. I've been trying to keep it under 30g (from fruit mainly). Do you think this is too much?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson
    Just wondering peoples thought on how many grams of sugar per day you deem to be an acceptable amount when cutting. I've been trying to keep it under 30g (from fruit mainly). Do you think this is too much?
    30 is decent. I try to keep mine under 20g, but it's tough. A little here from cottage cheese, a little there from this or that - adds up fast!

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

30 is decent. I try to keep mine under 20g, but it's tough. A little here from cottage cheese, a little there from this or that - adds up fast!
    Thanks GB, I have oat pancakes with fruit chopped up in the batter mix, I have this everyday when I break my fast. For the rest of the day im pretty much sugar free. My days sugar Usually adds up to between 20 to 30 grams.

Thanks for your help.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Good work keeping your sugar low dude, that seems to be the most difficult post if cutting for me lol

Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson

Thanks GB, I have oat pancakes with fruit chopped up in the batter mix, I have this everyday when I break my fast. For the rest of the day im pretty much sugar free. My days sugar Usually adds up to between 20 to 30 grams.

Thanks for your help.
    Same here, I'll usually have my version of oat pancakes where I blend fresh blueberries right into the batter. Nutrient dense with a relatively low sugar content. It's a win win!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    i have found thru fasting and cycling carbs the amount of sugar i eat i do not even track anymore. i used to be really anal and eat only complex carbs, but now i eat pb capn crunch and bread, and fruit, and dont even count the sugar, i just count the carbs..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    i have found thru fasting and cycling carbs the amount of sugar i eat i do not even track anymore. i used to be really anal and eat only complex carbs, but now i eat pb capn crunch and bread, and fruit, and dont even count the sugar, i just count the carbs..
    I think it'd be prudent to point out that you're running a very specific regimen that may factor into these 'allowances'. I think/hope you'd agree with me that as general good practice, we want to keep sugar intake low. I'd never tell a newb to eat PB Captain Crunch (not saying that's what you're doing btw).

I don't even feel like going into the many reasons why sugar is detrimental to your health, but suffice it to say it is.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I think it'd be prudent to point out that you're running a very specific regimen that may factor into these 'allowances'. I think/hope you'd agree with me that as general good practice, we want to keep sugar intake low. I'd never tell a newb to eat PB Captain Crunch (not saying that's what you're doing btw).

I don't even feel like going into the many reasons why sugar is detrimental to your health, but suffice it to say it is.
    yes u are correct sir! i suppose i was just bragging a bit! it is not something i intend to do frequently or for a long duration and actually my program would possibly be better without it! certain parts of what im doing require the presence of insulin and i take advantage of these times with pb capn crunch.. its a LOT safer than injecting slin!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

yes u are correct sir! i suppose i was just bragging a bit! it is not something i intend to do frequently or for a long duration and actually my program would possibly be better without it! certain parts of what im doing require the presence of insulin and i take advantage of these times with pb capn crunch.. its a LOT safer than injecting slin!
    Can't disagree with that last sentence!

Thread Information