High carb + high protein meals

So I started my first run of slin and Im getting SO tired of eating chicken and rice meals back to back within 3 hours of each other. What are some other good high carb, high protein, fat free meals?

human project is offline Knowledgeable Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by S&S_ShovelHead
    So I started my first run of slin and Im getting SO tired of eating chicken and rice meals back to back within 3 hours of each other. What are some other good high carb, high protein, fat free meals?
    Why not just switch to fish?? Tilapia?? Its really easy to get down when your kinda sick to your stomach from the outrageous amount of food you need to eat

Is it exspensive calorie for calorie compared to chicken? I'm not a fish person at all but I could always give it a try.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I'd turn to lean beef and pork. Neither are fat free, but you can certainly find lean varieties of both. I generally go with 95/5 lean ground for beef, and center cut chops for pork. I trim off all visible fat.

Why would you want fat free anyway?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    96/4 fat free ground beef dude!!

For the last 2 months its pretty much all the meat i eat.

One pound has only 18g fat, 100g protein, 560cals

Ill cook it with some sauteed bell peppers and onions and then mix it with 1/2 cup (uncooked measurement) brown rice. I will also squirt some reduced sugar heinz ketchup and tobasco sauce on it and mix it all together in a big bowl and eat it with a big spoon. Freaking awesome!!

Also be sure to use decent amount of sea salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic to season beef!

Get peppers and onions going first in pan with 1/2 tbsp evoo and add meat when they are about done (caramelized)

Its a staple for me dude!!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    S&S. I never commented in the bulk classic since the thread went downhill, but wanted to let you know that you did a fine job with the intent of the contest and you look great! Well done. You finished strong.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I'd turn to lean beef and pork. Neither are fat free, but you can certainly find lean varieties of both. I generally go with 95/5 lean ground for beef, and center cut chops for pork. I trim off all visible fat.

Why would you want fat free anyway?
    Pork could definately work. Fat free because I can't intake any significant amount of fat while slin is active. Any beef won't work but I use it in my pre-workout meal already. Ground beef, brown rice, little bit of mozz cheese, salsa. Really good.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    S&S. I never commented in the bulk classic since the thread went downhill, but wanted to let you know that you did a fine job with the intent of the contest and you look great! Well done. You finished strong.
    Thank you.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Pork tenderloins go on sale here pretty often. They are very lean if you trim the visible fat off of outside. I eat probably 2-3x/week.

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Have a look in the recipe section, some good ideas there. I recommend the tuna Patti recipe (it's lovely)

I like to eat alot of oily fish, tinned mackerel and sardines (work well in the above recipe) they're packed with good omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, they make a nice change from the norm. (this is if you like sea food) muscles, prawns, shrimp and other seafood is also and option

human project is offline Knowledgeable Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by S&S_ShovelHead
    Is it exspensive calorie for calorie compared to chicken? I'm not a fish person at all but I could always give it a try.
    I dono.... I doubt it could be that much different... Its defiantly a better protein source for me at least... In the past any time I was really cutting hard I would switch to almost all chicken and I always got wayyyyy weaker.. Right now I'm four weeks out from comp and my strength and endurance has not really subsided much... The big difference this time was eating all 95%lean beef and bison... The high protein and iron content really helps drive workouts when your on a strict diet.. I also dropped my oats and switched to grits in the morning and the rest of the day my only carbs come from 2-4 cups white rice, 1-2lbs potatoes, "the two I use interchangeably", and I also added 2 fruits a day and I really think this has helped too..

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Pork tenderloins go on sale here pretty often. They are very lean if you trim the visible fat off of outside. I eat probably 2-3x/week.
    I eat this a lot too but I need on the grill

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    Have a look in the recipe section, some good ideas there. I recommend the tuna Patti recipe (it's lovely)

I like to eat alot of oily fish, tinned mackerel and sardines (work well in the above recipe) they're packed with good omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, they make a nice change from the norm. (this is if you like sea food) muscles, prawns, shrimp and other seafood is also and option
    made those last week....they were pretty good but next time I need to use a little bit more seasoning

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    I eat this a lot too but I need on the grill
    I like it best grilled too but i got it down in the oven so its pretty damn good.
    Take it out of fridge and let it get to room temp. Salt pepper and garlic powder. Let sit for 20 mins. Put in a covered pan in 375 oven for 50 mins. Take off foil and cook for 15 more. Its amazing Gets a bit of a crust the last 15 mins like on the grill. (not the same of course but very good)

Quote Originally Posted by cancer82 View Post

made those last week....they were pretty good but next time I need to use a little bit more seasoning
    Nice recipe ain't it. I prefer to use sardines instead of tuna, you know can sardines, the kind in tomato sauce (don't know if you have them where you live?) add garlic powder and chilli. it's the bollocks mate. Before I started low carbing I was eating this recipe 3-4 times per week. Love it

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post

Nice recipe ain't it. I prefer to use sardines instead of tuna, you know can sardines, the kind in tomato sauce (don't know if you have them where you live?) add garlic powder and chilli. it's the bollocks mate. Before I started low carbing I was eating this recipe 3-4 times per week. Love it
    lol I have a few cans of sardines in the pantry....but never seen any in tomato sauce....sounds good....but yeh they were good im gonna make them a little thinner next time to get more of a crisp like crunch and add more seasoning....didn't have garlic powder either

kawika is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    96/4 fat free ground beef dude!!

For the last 2 months its pretty much all the meat i eat.

One pound has only 18g fat, 100g protein, 560cals

Ill cook it with some sauteed bell peppers and onions and then mix it with 1/2 cup (uncooked measurement) brown rice. I will also squirt some reduced sugar heinz ketchup and tobasco sauce on it and mix it all together in a big bowl and eat it with a big spoon. Freaking awesome!!

Also be sure to use decent amount of sea salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic to season beef!

Get peppers and onions going first in pan with 1/2 tbsp evoo and add meat when they are about done (caramelized)

Its a staple for me dude!!
    Just a random fact about using evoo for cooking: heat turns extra virgin olive oil into virgin olive oil. So you could just by that for cooking and save a little $

Quote Originally Posted by cancer82 View Post

lol I have a few cans of sardines in the pantry....but never seen any in tomato sauce....sounds good....but yeh they were good im gonna make them a little thinner next time to get more of a crisp like crunch and add more seasoning....didn't have garlic powder either
    Sardines in tomato sauce must just be a British thing then. I enjoyed it without the egg also, I just let the mix break up, fry it into crispy crumbs. Love it, great recipe.

Thread Information