Combatant is offline New Member

Pre Workout Meal

I am trying to come up with a great pre workout meal or snack for a guy in my situation. I am a shift worker and while working night shift I prefer to train before work in the afternoon, and I am in search of a pre workout meal. I don't have a lot of time between waking and training and I'm having trouble finding a good solid Pre WO to accommodate myself. Any suggestions would be great so please if you could help me out.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I train at 6am, so like you, I have very little time in the morning to prep/eat without getting up at an ungodly hour. Most of the time, my preworkout meal is a homemade shake:

1/2 cup oats
    1 scoop protein powder
    1tbsp instant coffee
    1tbsp raw cacao powder
    2-4 packets stevia (depending on how sweet you like it)
    3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 cup liquid egg whites
    1/2 cup 1% milkfat cottage cheese
    1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
    1tbsp natty PB
    1 cup crushed ice

For more carbs and excellent flavor, add 1/2 banana. Basically, I prep all the dry ingredients the night before, leave em' in the blender, then just add the wet ingredients (also pre-measured for convenience) in the morning and blend. Takes a total of about 5 minutes before i'm sipping on a delicious, frothy cold shake that you can feel good about as it contains plenty of 'whole food'.

Thread Information