Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ElDude is offline Associate Member

CBL- Carb Back-Loading

Anybody ever heard of this? I was on Facebook today and stumbled across a "Crossfitters Eat to Perform" page. There was a guy talking about Carb Back-Loading and was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this or done it?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    There have been a few threads on this topic since ive been here..

noon is offline Senior Member
    No I have never heard of it but it sounds interesting enuff to look into it
    Cross fitters are in great shape

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noon View Post
    No I have never heard of it but it sounds interesting enuff to look into it
    Cross fitters are in great shape
    are u kidding? crossfit has the highest injury rate ever in the history of sports.

crossfit should be banned

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have the book. It's a good read. To summarise. It basically advocates carbs ONLY on training days after 5pm. Don't train? 30g of carbs or less. If you train, you can eat whatever you want.

A friend of mine has been doing this for around 8 months and he has seriously shredded some fat.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    i have the book and i have been following bits of this protocol for the past 3 weeks as a little experiment, ill report back on sunday with what i think of it and results i.e weight/fat loss...............following this diet is freakin great! If it works this will be the way forward for me..............the book is good but doesnt have a deatailed diet plan, there is a format and you have to dial it in yourself........also i have been counting calories and macros though the book says there is no need to (well by default you would be).

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    as far as i can remember, ill read through the book again to make sure......kiefer explains that this protocol is best used for people who lift heavy weights! i.e heavy resiatnace training........therefore ruling cross fitters out..........im sure anyone who wants to eat high GI foods will make a reason why they can back-load....

ok, just my 3 week thought on carb back loading, ill start off saying i have not followed the book exactly so people who are die hard back-loaders will argue that i have not back-loaded........anyway i have followed the principles of carb-back loading, i.e fasting,missing breakfast, weight training, high GI carbs after weights........i did not do the 10 day prep stage which could be a defining part of this diet. i just started off eating carbs after weights, i train every other day so some weeks i would back-load 3 times others 4 times, i didnt stick to rules fully with regards to fat intake........i lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks, week 1 (2lbs lost) week 2 (half lbs lost) week 3 (none).......i had pizza,buger,currys,ice cream, cookeis etc.......so all the shit foods on back load days........on off days i had lean cuts of meat, brocoli, asparagus, bacon, cheese and eggs..........i had roughly 1200 cals on these days and roughly 2700 cals on back load days.......now i know i had to much fat and my cals were over what i think i should of been aiming for..........this is were i think the problem lies, this diet will IMO take a good amount of time to dial everything in maybe months, i dont know.........its very easy to jist say fuk it and over eat............BUT i think if you are like me and love all the shit foods and are willing to put time and use will power you can make this work, this is not easy to do though IMO.........this is just my thoughts on 3 weeks of this diet, I am not saying for anyone to eat this way.....make your own choices and do what you like..........ill be trying another 3 weeks of this to see if i can dial it in and get a steady weight loss going....

cheers

ElDude is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the replies guys, didn't mean to go MIA there for a week. It sounds interesting to say the least. I have tried to limit carbs and even eliminate carbs for two to three days.. Honestly, carb depletion is IMO one of the hardest things about dieting. When my mind wants some carbs, it doesnt stop thinking about them. Definitely going to do more research though on it.

Mockery- CrossFit should not be banned, people should learn early on how to do lifts correctly. I will agree with you that many of the moves in there - deadlifts, snatches, etc. can be dangerous if done improperly, any lift can be really. Just gotta be smart.

Thread Information