1wheelr1 is offline Member
    210lb 6'2" 29yo BF less then 10%
    My cycle consist of, weeks 1-6 test-e 500mg ew tren -a 75eod. Weeks 6-12 test-p 100eod tren-a 75eod winstrol 50mg ed.
    I'm currently on week 9 and have cut back my calories for the last three weeks to 1800 per day with 45 min cardio per day. But for the last week I've been incredibly hungry. I've upped my calories to 2800 for the last few days and don't seem to be gaining BF.
    2800 sound like a good intake for my stats??
    Last edited by 1wheelr1; 03-27-2013 at 08:06 AM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    What are you going for here man? Cutting obviously - but what's the end goal?

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    2800 would be around maintenance for your stats..so eating 1800cal you are def under eating man, especially if you are under 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75
    What are you going for here man? Cutting obviously - but what's the end goal?
    Like to get as lean as possible and I want to make sure I'm not low balling myself to much as far as calories.

Quote Originally Posted by cj111
    2800 would be around maintenance for your stats..so eating 1800cal you are def under eating man, especially if you are under 10%.
    Ok, so I should stick with the 2800 then? What about once I'm off my cycle? What do you think a good number would be to stay at or less then 10% BF?

Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelr1 View Post
    Like to get as lean as possible and I want to make sure I'm not low balling myself to much as far as calories.
    Are you planning to compete? I mean... you can probably get down to 5% if you REALLY tried, but you're obviously not going to be able to maintain that. That's why i'm asking what the - let's call it long term - goal is.

Are you planning to compete? I mean... you can probably get down to 5% if you REALLY tried, but you're obviously not going to be able to maintain that. That's why i'm asking what the - let's call it long term - goal is.
    I competed last year but not sure ill be doing another in June again or not, leaning towards not. I'd like to maintain less then 10% long term.

I competed last year but not sure ill be doing another in June again or not, leaning towards not. I'd like to maintain less then 10% long term.
    Ok, understood. A couple of things to consider:

1 - were you making progress (losing bodyfat) at 1800 calories?

2 - were you losing discernible strength/muscle at 1800 calories?

3 - did you have very low energy/crankiness/lethargy at 1800 calories?

If yes to 1 and no to 2 and 3, then I say keep doing what you're doing and deal with the hunger - although I'd definitely throw a refeed in every 7 days. If yes to 2 and/or 3, you're likely eating too little and need to bump calories. Adding 1000 calories right off the bat is a huge jump, I wouldn't personally approach it that way. However you've already done it, so I say stick with it, monitor yourself closely for BF gains and adjust down if needed. Just because you haven't seen bodyfat creep up yet doesn't mean it won't eventually. It doesn't always happen right away, and it definitely doesn't occur in a linear fashion in my experience. Having said that, I doubt you'll gain much if any bodyfat at 2800 calories considering your stats. So, enjoy!!

Ok, understood. A couple of things to consider:

1 - were you making progress (losing bodyfat) at 1800 calories?

2 - were you losing discernible strength/muscle at 1800 calories?

3 - did you have very low energy/crankiness/lethargy at 1800 calories?

If yes to 1 and no to 2 and 3, then I say keep doing what you're doing and deal with the hunger - although I'd definitely throw a refeed in every 7 days. If yes to 2 and/or 3, you're likely eating too little and need to bump calories. Adding 1000 calories right off the bat is a huge jump, I wouldn't personally approach it that way. However you've already done it, so I say stick with it, monitor yourself closely for BF gains and adjust down if needed. Just because you haven't seen bodyfat creep up yet doesn't mean it won't eventually. It doesn't always happen right away, and it definitely doesn't occur in a linear fashion in my experience. Having said that, I doubt you'll gain much if any bodyfat at 2800 calories considering your stats. So, enjoy!!
    1. Yes I was losing a bf rapidly but it's my first time ever running Winnie so... Not sure if it was mostly the winstrol
    2. No I wasn't but then again I'm on tren , so I don't really think that I should lose much if any muscle.
    3. I was extremely cranky not to energy levels were ok tho...

1. Yes I was losing a bf rapidly but it's my first time ever running Winnie so... Not sure if it was mostly the winstrol
    2. No I wasn't but then again I'm on tren , so I don't really think that I should lose much if any muscle.
    3. I was extremely cranky not to energy levels were ok tho...
    Meh... winny is kinda weak IMO... tren is amazing, I'd attribute your progress more to tren than winny tbh.

My advice remains the same - since you already bumped up to 2800 calories, stay there for a while... but remember that you're looking to reduce bodyfat, not to simply avoid adding it - so if you're not making that progress, you need to come down some... and/or add in more cardio, assuming you're doing some now.

Meh... winny is kinda weak IMO... tren is amazing, I'd attribute your progress more to tren than winny tbh.

My advice remains the same - since you already bumped up to 2800 calories, stay there for a while... but remember that you're looking to reduce bodyfat, not to simply avoid adding it - so if you're not making that progress, you need to come down some... and/or add in more cardio, assuming you're doing some now.
    Ok, and yes I've been doing 45 min per day.

So basically just keep my eye on the BF and adjust my calories and cardio as such. Simple enough, thx bro!

Ok, and yes I've been doing 45 min per day.

So basically just keep my eye on the BF and adjust my calories and cardio as such. Simple enough, thx bro!
    That's really all there is to it. So long as you're being consistent (based on your avy, that doesn't appear to be a problem for you), you'll know your progress (or lack thereof) will be an accurate marker.

That's really all there is to it. So long as you're being consistent (based on your avy, that doesn't appear to be a problem for you), you'll know your progress (or lack thereof) will be an accurate marker.
    Very good, thx again bro for all the solid advise.

Very good, thx again bro for all the solid advise.
    Anytime! Please keep us posted, I'd be interested to see some post-cycle pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2945253539.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	741.2 KB 
ID:	136335
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Caloric intake on and off cycle-image-282770987.jpg   Caloric intake on and off cycle-image-50198939.jpg  

Name:	image-1507438212.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	737.0 KB 
ID:	136339

Name:	image-469478140.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1,015.7 KB 
ID:	136340

These are all from a few weeks ago, I'll post more post cycle photos in the weeks months to come.

Fist pic is from the beginning of my cycle.

Can't figure out how to delete the extra pics on my phone.

Damn bro, sick vascularity, nice!

Any plans to bring up overall mass in the near future? You'd look beast...

Damn bro, sick vascularity, nice!

Any plans to bring up overall mass in the near future? You'd look beast...
    I've thought about it, I just don't want to get much bigger then what my body is naturally capable of, because at that point my addictive personality will take over and I'll turn into a monster. Haha

I've thought about it, I just don't want to get much bigger then what my body is naturally capable of, because at that point my addictive personality will take over and I'll turn into a monster. Haha
    lol.... well, it's kind of a catch22. I mean, you won't know what your body is naturally capable of until you push it to go there, right?!

Name:	image-3407599143.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	346.9 KB 
ID:	136344

This is last summer 225lb

Name:	image-3407599143.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	346.9 KB 
ID:	136344

This is last summer 225lb
    You need to go back to this IMO!

Nah, but do your thing man, whatever makes you happy. I struggle with putting on any size, so naturally I want to see lean guys get big, lol.

Lol!!! I too have trouble putting size on. We'll see what happens...

Thread Information