Thread: New, help

kkmarlin is offline New Member

New, help

Hey, my names kyle. Im 20 and in college and I'm having a really hard time eating right. I'm doing my best but it seems impossible with the university food I'm forced to eat. I'm trying to cut fat and after taking my TDEE I learned I have a 2,660 calorie/day diet. Any tips and ideas for snacks between classes for someone without a stove/oven and poor?

Chelsea Grin is offline Junior Member
    Good to see youre in here bro..Ill bump this so you hopefully get some posts from the rest of the guys on here..Why dont you post what you usually eat in a day? I'm in the same situation no stove/broke college kid it sucks and I need some work on my diet as well.

Provita is offline Associate Member
    Welcome!

You can just browse the forum and you will find loads of ideas. You can use the search function at the top right of your screen.

Here you will find a couple of ideas.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...s#.UVwzRmQazTo

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...s#.UVw0dWQazTo

Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea Grin View Post
    Good to see youre in here bro..Ill bump this so you hopefully get some posts from the rest of the guys on here..Why dont you post what you usually eat in a day? I'm in the same situation no stove/broke college kid it sucks and I need some work on my diet as well.
    Thanks, I realized how stupid it was to think about steroids . I just had friends my age that have done either winn-50 or winstrol and their results turned out great. But after my other post and talking to my knowledgeable friend I decided why not just wait till I'm 24/25 and can really have a lifestyle to take it seriously. Plus my diet needs adjusting anyway.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What are your stats? BF% and weight, and how did you come up with 2600? Maybe get a second opinion just to see if that's a good starting figure for yourself.

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    In regards to getting food inbetween class, try taking some protein powder mixed with a cup of oats, just keep it ready dry inside your shaker, when your ready to consume it, just fill it up at the water fountain, knock it back,Also just cook a shit load of chicken or pasta,then take it in a pack lunch box.

Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    What are your stats? BF% and weight, and how did you come up with 2600? Maybe get a second opinion just to see if that's a good starting figure for yourself.
    I did a FDEE calculator and I came up with 2,660 a day to cut around 500 out. Im about 168 and BF is around 17%

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well buddy, your TDEE is around 2100 I would say.
    Youre saying youre cutting at 2660 cals? Or 2660-500...so around 2100? Online calculators don't take into consideration your fat mass, which in reality, is just that, fat mass. It does not consume calories or burn any, its just excess weight. I agree university food probably sucks, I spent a lot of time working in camp, and the food selections were shit. You just gotta basically eat the same crap day in and day out... it sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    Well buddy, your TDEE is around 2100 I would say.
    Youre saying youre cutting at 2660 cals? Or 2660-500...so around 2100? Online calculators don't take into consideration your fat mass, which in reality, is just that, fat mass. It does not consume calories or burn any, its just excess weight. I agree university food probably sucks, I spent a lot of time working in camp, and the food selections were shit. You just gotta basically eat the same crap day in and day out... it sucks!
    Yeah I'm cutting at 2660, my TDEE was around 3100 or so. Yeah I'm trying to basically eat the best they offer until summer and next year when I'll have a full kitchen and really can begin critiquing and forming the diet for me.

Thread Information